Topic

Where do we go now - after GLITCH and FAUNASPHERE.??

Like many other players here, l was a FAUNASPHERE player. FS closed down after 2 years for similar reasons, and luckily we could take refuge here in Glitch.
So now we all have to experience another close down of a game we loved so much.

Does anyone have a suggestion for an alternative game like Glitch?
l realy hope so, so many of us can meet in another game.

Wouldn't that be great?

Posted 11 years ago by Lucysixty6 Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

1 2 3 Next
  • Just joined Galaxseed, looks promising!
    Posted 11 years ago by Priscilla Parsley Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I might go back to my Xbox..Halo or Elder Scrolls.
    Not sure, still deciding...
    I kinda want an MMO that isn't childish, fun and mature. Very hard to find.
    Posted 11 years ago by NiFi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I do quite like Puzzle Pirates, and if I had Glitchen to hang with instead of having to wander around by myself, I'd probably play it more often.
    Posted 11 years ago by Annuska Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I might try Puzzle Pirates but... <shakes fist at TS>... Dammit TS! Between you and FS, I'm so spoiled now that nothing else looks interesting!!
    Posted 11 years ago by sgjo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • OK...joined Puzzle Pirates and blew an hour enjoying the puzzles...ty for this one 8^)
    Posted 11 years ago by sgjo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yeah I used to play puzzle pirates quite a lot there seems to be quite a bit of intrest. If a bunch of us do join lets make sure we are all playing on the same server I sugest Cerulean it seems to have the lowest population which is good thing as everyone is way ahead of us.
    Posted 11 years ago by koolaroo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I adore puzzle pirates.

I'm Granilithe on Emerald if anyone wants to look me up *waves*
    Posted 11 years ago by Crazed_Delusion Subscriber! | Permalink
  • i forget what thread i posted in about galaxseed.

i am not hopeful about it. it is bare of interesting content, it takes too long to move around, and there's very little freedom.

so far my best bet is smallworlds.

i signed up or the imporbability thing, but all the text makes my head hurt.
    Posted 11 years ago by flask Subscriber! | Permalink
  • i started playing Kingdom of Loathing after looking at peoples suggestions. I think this is a really good option once you are able to level up a bit and get a feel for the game. In order to open the chat options you have to go to the department of literacy and take a reading and writing test. you can still play without this but you cant chat. My name is the same in that game as here so if anyone plays or wants to play, send me a message and add me to contacts. Im still really low level so i cant help to much, but it seems fun so far. its still no replacement for glitch though

It would be nice to start a "Dirty Old Glitches" Clan
    Posted 11 years ago by Herb Herbally Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ypp folks: I'm Esmarilda on ... I think all doubloon oceans.  Never could justify a sub.
    Posted 11 years ago by Annuska Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I've started playing Family Guy Online, which is now in Open Beta. It's not quite the same, but so far it's fun. Plus playing as Brian reminds me of my Sniffer...
    Posted 11 years ago by 00 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Nord I have played a long time, saw it mentioned and agree with it as an option.
    Posted 11 years ago by QuinnR Subscriber! | Permalink
  • How about an augmented reality game you play in RL with your iphone?  You can sign up for beta testing for Google's Ingress now.
    Posted 11 years ago by teet Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Have been trying without success to get the key for Ingress, it seems it depends a lot of the place where you live in, what considering the game mechanics... makes sense.

www.nordgame.com spent around two hours after read the QuinnR post, it's kinda of simple, but the one I like it more unitil now, I've been very well received by the players, who surprised me.
    It seems a very interesting option (but still light years away from glitch) gonna give some more time to it definitelly.

www.habbo.com played this one for years before turning itselsf in a red-light district for childrens, teens, predators... but very funny game.

www.runescape.com, awesome game, played it for years too, lots of fun quests, but the community sucks.
    Posted 11 years ago by zoom.b Subscriber! | Permalink
  • There was a successful Kickstarter al while ago for a game called Crea. Although it's still in development it has some kind of quirky creative feeling about it (and Goats and Llamas).

www.kickstarter.com/project...
    Posted 11 years ago by Brainbow Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I found a large list of sandbox games here. Looking through some of them now.
    Posted 11 years ago by Mal'akh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Man, I've been trying a bunch of these suggestions, but I'm really not feeling it with any of them. Second Life seems the best option to me, but it refuses to run properly on my machine. :(

For now, sadness over Glitch ending has just been driving me back into the welcoming embrace of Tumblr.
    Posted 11 years ago by Leerie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Here is a related group for this topic:
    www.glitch.com/groups/RIFF5...

There are already threads for many of the games suggested here, and you can make a thread for any game you might like to suggest. Also, it's a good place to plan meet-ups with people who are migrating to the same place as you.
    Posted 11 years ago by Vexia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • i went back to www.brettspielwelt.de . it's an online *boardgame* community. pretty international, though mostly german, US, and greek. greeks sure love Tichu. (US players seem to mostly stick to harder strategy games like Puerto Rico, Power Grid, Imperial...). players can organize in cities and expand and build their cities (resources come from playing games), but it's no MMO. no avatars, no warfare, just chat and games ... lots of games. oh, and it's free.

registration isn't necessary, but makes you more trustworthy (less likely to leave an unfinished game).

... i already opened a channel called #global. *sniff*
    Posted 11 years ago by JacquesNorris Subscriber! | Permalink
  • After doing some of my own research I'm starting to play Runescape (www.runescape.com). The graphics aren't too bad and it's got quests, leveling, skills, etc
    Posted 11 years ago by Llewella Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Gaia, Maple Story, SecondLife, Pigg (Pico but Japanese original version)...
    Posted 11 years ago by elka Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Vexia, that Master List for Game Migration Suggestions is inspired!  Threads for each game with posted comments about each game in the thread for that game.  Organized and so easy to use.  I joined the group right away and will be using it extensively as I search for another game.  I've been on Kingdom of Loathing for over 3 years but like to play two different games for a change of pace and depending on the mood of the moment. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Talaria Wingfoot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I haven't played Runescape regularly since I started Glitch. Being a Brit game it has a lot of very British humor and the quests are super clever. There is fighting, and you do have to fight to level up. I still check in once in awhile and still love the crazy humor there. The community isn't nearly as smart or supportive as glitchen but I guess you can't have everything. :) I'm Heartha on Runescape, btw.
    Posted 11 years ago by Grizelda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Grizelda: Yeah, I agree with you. It doesn't quite match up to Glitch and it has more fighting in it than games that I normally play but I love puzzles and challenges so it kinda balances it out for me. I'm Llewella8501 on it.
  • @elka it was through your flickr that I learnt about glitch to begin with,(trinity lisle from sl) I thankyou for that! Just tryed looking for pico/pigg but unfortunately they too are closing in december :( sounded good too! so Im trying maple story and I'll try gaia too .
    Posted 11 years ago by Trinity x Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I just bought a land plot on Onverse, I have two forest homes, one estate and one cottage. Onverse reminds me of Glitch in the way that what you see as a first impression is only the tip of the iceberg. If you try it out make sure you check out the moon, it takes my breath away. Once I acquired a hoverboard I could smoothly and quickly explore all the beautiful areas. It is huge! Give it a chance.

My new land plot is on the moon, I have a private pier to dive off of into a purple river. Also an entrance to a cave. Instead of building a normal house I am placing hot tubs, ponds and furniture over the open land. My favorite items are all the styles of lighting and they actually work.
  • http://www.thesecretworld.com

This has me so intrigued!!!
    Posted 11 years ago by Innie✿, Obviously Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Innie: but 14.99 a MONTH? Ouch. I'm just a poor girl, I can't handle that. XD Does look interesting, though.
    Posted 11 years ago by Sisterly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • awww, same here, secret world looks fun but find it pricey, too.
    Posted 11 years ago by Minkey Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm looking into SuperBetter. It's mainly marketed for people  who are going through health problems, but in essence anybody can play. It's not really a "computer game" but a platform for making your life a game and reaching goals. It looks somewhat interesting. 
    Posted 11 years ago by BenAlex Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This game seems a little glitchy
    forums.heroesofevermore.com...

1. 2D cartoon style
    2. Point and click interface, not unlike Warcraft 3.
    3. Highly customize-able characters.  Lots and lots of options!
    4. Procedurally generated worlds and dungeons.
    5. Frenetic combat versus lots of enemies.  Hack and slash goodness, Texas style!
    6. Irreverent humor.  Puke-o-rama, bling gnomes and gosh be praised!
    7. Unique take on character generation that we should tell you more about.
    8. Long list of skills that we want to make.
    9. Multiple platform support (PC, Mac, Web, iOS, Android)
    Sounds like glitch with RPG combat.  Still in early development though
    Posted 11 years ago by Pickle Juice Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I don't think I have the fortitude to pour my heart into another independent ("indy", "underground", whatever) online game, after experiencing this twice in a row. The popular online games are of no interest to me... so I guess I'll go back to doing what I used to do before Faunasphere: play single-player games, watch movies, and maybe do something more tangible like some embroidery or something... Too bad--I'll miss chatting with my friends, and the colorful graphics and fun surprises. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Shepherdmoon Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Spent a couple of pleasant days in Family Guy Online, thanks to a tip here. Now I need a H O M E! Loading Onverse to give it a try now. Was considering Activeworld since it's been around since 1995, but Onverse looks similar enough and if there are Glitchen there...
    Posted 11 years ago by Booknerd Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Grrr..still looking. Tried/trying runescape but once my free membership expires I lose most of the world since my parents won't pay to continue it. Looking for a game that has a decent free to play (so spoiled with Glitch) and doesn't require a download. I have a PS3 and Xbox so  I will probably start playing more on those....but it would be nice to find a good virtual world.
  • Booknerd, I am talk2toni on Onverse, homes are named PriscillaParsley, it would be so great to have a friend! Been there 2 years, if we run into each other I can help you out with stuff and player points.
  • For my $.02... I think I might migrate to OnVerse. I tried it last night and it wasn't too bad (aside from everyone apparently being teens... o.O).

SecondLife is pretty good, but if you think Glitch is a laggy resource hog, you haven't seen anything until you try SL... Also, the last time I was around SL (couple years ago...used to be a scripter), SL was mostly sex clubs, griefers, and endless wastelands of poorly made freebie houses. Oh, and stores selling junk from "Buy and resell!" boxes. There *were* neat things here and there (Lauk's Nest for instance), but they were far between.

Anyway, I'm on OnVerse as TrentSkunk, feel free to drop me a line. I just have a little freebie apartment, and I'm still getting used to the place, but I can always use more friends.
    Posted 11 years ago by TrentSkunk Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm on Onverse as La Booknerd since plain ol Booknerd was taken. And I can def use the help Priscilla Parsley. I dont even know how to add a friend yet.
    Posted 11 years ago by Booknerd Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Been trying games for days, found Freggers, please check it out. Lots to see and do. Apts and houses. From Germany, nice graphics, humorous and wait till you see the hood. Very funny.
  • I like breeding games like faunasphere- are there any free games like that, that people enjoy?
    Posted 11 years ago by Ultra-Dynamic Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ok. How about Club Penguin
    or.... Poptropica!
  • Also on freggers.com as Llewella after seeing it appear in another forum post. Looks promising. I used to be on Poptropica years ago but it flooded my email with spam, don't know if it still does that...
  • @ultra aren't both of those kids games though?
    Any game with a chat filter you can not turn off isn't going to work.
  • Antilia looks promising. I'm thinking about that.
    Galaxseeds had me excited until I saw that it uses a safe chat filter.
    Posted 11 years ago by Fernstream Subscriber! | Permalink
  • "@ultra aren't both of those kids games though?
    Any game with a chat filter you can not turn off isn't going to work."

This!  That is why There.com is more of an option for me. Its 18+
    Posted 11 years ago by Innie✿, Obviously Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My big problem with There is that it is not ftp.
  • As I know that several small children i babysit,  and tween-aged family members of mine are on Club Penguin, I really don't feel that it's the sort of game that will appeal to glitchen.

Instead of just making this thread longer and longer and harder and harder to read, please consider joining the Master List for Game Migration Suggestions group that Lyrical DeJavu set up. We have a single thread in discussions for each game suggestion and it's a helluva lot easier to follow
    Posted 11 years ago by Arietty Subscriber! | Permalink
  • actually I was just joking with club penguin and poptropica- my brother plays them a lot. i quite like minecraft but it costs a heap.
  • For anyone who wants a creative, non-competitive, non-grindy or killy, close-knit community with whimsical doings and great variety Raglan Shire's Tiny community (in Second Life and Inworldz) is a great find. Lots of Glitchen are Tinies already so you might find old friends.
    Posted 11 years ago by Osprey Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I found a little game called "Scarygirl" that is quite nice.  It's one player only, but the artwork is unique and delightful!  Check it out if you get a chance....scarygirl.com
    Posted 11 years ago by Ravenfeather Noir Subscriber! | Permalink
1 2 3 Next