Topic

Subscribers - How to let TS keep your $ to help staff get through the holidays

This sucks for us and our community, but let's remember that the staff and their families are going to be without a job very soon. 
I for one would be happy to have TS not issue me a credit and give it to the staff to help them get by.

Players have to *manually* click and select option 3 in their own special refund page here:
http://www.glitch.com/closing/refunds/
(by default, it's set to automatically refund pretty much everything, including older payments from a year or so ago)

The deadline to make this choice is Nov 30th, 2012.

"I already got what I paid for and would like Tiny Speck to keep the proceeds. If you are satisfied with your purchase despite the closure of the game, we appreciate you supporting us through this option. We are providing generous severance pay and are committed to helping find new employment for all 35 employees and contractors who were aid off as a result of Glitch's closure"

(edit, thanks Maruchan for the suggestion)

Posted 11 years ago by FlatEarther Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I like it, FE! How do we do that?

EDITED TO ADD: Done! Thank you, Kriana.
    Posted 11 years ago by Flowerry Pott Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Do we have any raw numbers on how many people use Glitch? If ALL of us became subscribers, would it significantly offset the cost of running the game? 
    Posted 11 years ago by Elendraug Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Staff - can we?  Stoot?  Seriously...this sucks for staff.
    Posted 11 years ago by FlatEarther Subscriber! | Permalink
  • If you go to the refund page you have the option to let TS keep the money. 

but :( in general.
    Posted 11 years ago by Kriana Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Just a question...I only been here a week....but if there is a shortage of money, then why arent there any ads on the main pages? I understand not having adds when in world...but the rest of these pages are up for grabs. and those generate cash...
    Posted 11 years ago by Rawthorne Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Rawthorne - that would just be really unGlitchy. End to the very end, I wouldn't want Glitch to become unGlitchy. Then it wouldn't be Glitch anymore.
    Posted 11 years ago by Aurora Dellaterra Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Done and done.
    Posted 11 years ago by Volkov Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I chose to let TS keep my refund. I had some really amazing times playing this game, and I think they deserve it. I just wish this didn't have to happen, I was prepared to pay for a sub for years to come.
    Posted 11 years ago by Sally Slingshot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh no, they already processed my refund. But I would gladly by another subscription to support Tiny Speck. :-)
    Posted 11 years ago by Shadowstrike Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Already done earlier today. :) You earned my money, TS. Keep it!
    Posted 11 years ago by Drakani Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Donated mine, too, with gratitude for all that the TS folk have done to create this beautiful and amazing world.
    Posted 11 years ago by ElleD Subscriber! | Permalink
  • where is this refund page?   
    Posted 11 years ago by Treesa Subscriber! | Permalink
  • http://www.glitch.com/closing/refunds/
    Posted 11 years ago by Zany Serendipity Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ah, found it.  I donated to the health charity (but going for a non-refund is also a valid option).

I would have donated to Glitch Strategy if it had been an option.  That site was a great help and I hope they keep an archive.
    Posted 11 years ago by Treesa Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Noooo they refunded already! :(:(:(
    Posted 11 years ago by Reni's Mum Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Gave my refund to TS as soon as I learned it was an option. Love you TS!
    Posted 11 years ago by Anya Karenya Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I just wish they would let us donate our auto-refunded money!
    Posted 11 years ago by Katechol Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Nah. I requested a full refund.
    Posted 11 years ago by Bashere Subscriber! | Permalink
  • $89.97.....Thank you Glitch for being a great game. KEEP MY MONEYZ! :D
    Posted 11 years ago by Octavious Orion Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Huh, it says for me "You have not made any purchases that are eligible for a refund." yet I have been a subscriber ever since I joined. Does this mean they already refunded me? 

If not, I don't really care since I wanted to give them my money anyway~
    So it is not that big of a deal if they think they do not have to refund me. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Cocomoes Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Last month I went through the same thing TSers are going through: The store I've been working at for five years closed and at the same time the lease on my apartment ran out and, yeah, it's been a mess. I hope that Tiny Speck is/will have an easier time at it all.

I'm actually really in the hole with money right now, so I am grateful that I'm at least getting some money back (despite this tragedy having to occur for me to get it, creys, don't leave glitch don't leeeeave meee), but I opted for them to keep a portion of my refund. I hope, if nothing else, they at least use it to buy the staff some pizza or beer or whatever. They deserve a party for all their hard work. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Sisterly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I don't want a refund.  Period.  So don't think of sending me one.
    Posted 11 years ago by Synnia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I also do not want a refund.

blarg i'm sad.
    Posted 11 years ago by sporks Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks for posting that link- TS can keep my remaining money!

If you want them to keep it - you HAVE to go to that page and click that option. It's set to automatically refund you. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Feylin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm not going to take the refund either. They can keep my $90 :D
    Posted 11 years ago by Pickle Bob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I don't have the option to refuse the refund there (but I would love to.)
    Posted 11 years ago by nekomaki Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I put some money into the game after I realised I'd played for far longer than many other games I buy. The fun times I had aren't going away, so I've no reason to want that money back.
    Posted 11 years ago by Anaglyph Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks for the link, Zany Serendipity! 
    Posted 11 years ago by Shadowstrike Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I was glad to read that TD was giving staffers "generous severance packages" - I wish we could contribute more to a pool to help those who do not find new work immediately. I am going to keep worrying about thise wondrful devs. cry. sad.
    Posted 11 years ago by Kookaburra Subscriber! | Permalink
  • (( Important Reminders! ))

Players have to *manually* click and select option 3 in their own special refund page here:
    http://www.glitch.com/closing/refunds/
    (by default, it's set to automatically refund pretty much everything, including older payments from a year or so ago)

The deadline to make this choice is Nov 30th, 2012.

"I already got what I paid for and would like Tiny Speck to keep the proceeds. If you are satisfied with your purchase despite the closure of the game, we appreciate you supporting us through this option. We are providing generous severance pay and are committed to helping find new employment for all 35 employees and contractors who were aid off as a result of Glitch's closure"

Please let TS keep the proceeds as one last gesture of appreciation - Thank you! <3

EDITED TO ADD: Thanks so much FlatEarther for updating the topic! :))
    Posted 11 years ago by Maruchan Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Bump:) I declined the refund for myself and my two alts. It was just my way of expressing my love and appreciation to the outstanding TinySpeck staff. 
    Posted 11 years ago by GreyGoose Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I declined my refund too. "I already got what I paid for" is exactly right!
    Posted 11 years ago by Lucille Ball Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Mine says "You have not made any purchases that are eligible for a refund."  too.

Does this mean it has already been done?   I have been a subscriber for as long as it has been possible and I don't want a refund, I have had more than my money's worth in fun and pleasure.

Is there some way to stop the refund?
    Posted 11 years ago by Cassandria Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I selected the "TS, please keep my money" option.

It would make me really happy to know that you blew it all on booze and chocolate, but it's also okay to, like, pay your rent. As far as I'm concerned, you earned every last currant I ever gave you.
    Posted 11 years ago by Georgia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Has anyone got their refunds yet or do people have to wait till the 30th then they will send them out?
    Posted 11 years ago by Legolad Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I think you missed the point of the thread. We're not taking the refunds.
  • I chose to support TS and just wanted to say thank you for giving me the choice to do so, a lot of games would just take the money and disappear - shows the difference between those that care about the game they design and those who don't. You deserved a better fate, really wish things could have been different and hope that maybe some day I can enjoy another game from the TS team. Good luck to you all and remember there are no endings only new beginnings!
    Posted 11 years ago by Missy Moo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I wish I would have seen this before my refund went through. I was only a subscriber for a months though as I started in August, used the month trial and then thought about it for another month and then signed up. Too bad there isn't a place where I could donate my refunded money too :(
    Posted 11 years ago by Pixie Rose Subscriber! | Permalink
  • By law they have to offer a refund as they offered a service. What people decide to do with the money is up to them. Most people that got a refund are going to spend it on another games to try and replace glitch in their life.
    Posted 11 years ago by Legolad Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hmmm, they really need a way to choose a partial refund as an option. I enjoyed playing the game and thus think that they deserve a good potion of what I paid despite how broke I am but at the same time part of the reason I spent money on the subscription was for the nifty virtual shiny things I could purchase with the credits which are now going to evaporate.

Long story short I wish there was an option to choose a partial refund!
    Posted 11 years ago by Melting Sky Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I think that the most recent purchases (maybe within the last month or two) are the ones that didn't get offered the option of not getting a refund or directing it elsewhere.  I re-upped my subscription in October, and that's listed as an "automatic refund" -- I don't have any choices under Options on that page.  In my particular case, it works out pretty equitably because most of the subscription money I spent was *before* the refund window, so they get to keep it.
    Posted 11 years ago by Fnibbit Subscriber! | Permalink
  • They automatically refunded back 50-60 days for all players. It said it on the refund page. I got a couple months subscription back automatically. I had re-upped 4 days before the announcement so that refund seemed fair. Beyond the automatic refunds, you get to choose what happens to purchases made back to November, 2011 - TS keeps the money, donate to charity, or refund.

@Melting Sky, why don't you write billing? Maybe they can set up a partial refund for you. www.glitch.com/help/?billing=1