Topic

Glad I didnt get that job at Tiny Speck last year, which I applied for and was rejected for three separate times!

All good things come to an end... except for games like Asheron's Call, which has been running strong for 15 years.

Thread topic edited by staff for clarity. Original was "Glad I didnt take that job at Tiny Speck last year!"

Posted 12 years ago by Bashere Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

1 2 Next
  • Bashere, you are a giant fucking asshat. I normally wouldn't say so in Forum because I try to follow the rules, but I feel like current events excuse my language. Fuck you and the horse you rode in on.

Kukubee, on the other hand, is the epitome of awesome. <3
    Posted 12 years ago by Aurora Dellaterra Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Whoooo-hoooo Kukubee!  BAM.  
    Posted 12 years ago by scroobienoob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • you got SERVED
    Posted 12 years ago by Pixel Dirigible Subscriber! | Permalink
  • *snaps in Z-formation*
    Posted 12 years ago by Shadowstrike Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaa Kukubee, see......I LOBE YOU!!!
    Posted 12 years ago by Innie✿, Obviously Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ha ha Kukubee!  

Aren't you tempted, just a little, to turn its avatar head into a dick?  
    Posted 12 years ago by Miss Parsley Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Congratulations, Kukubee!  You have won precisely one (1) internets.  Please let me know where to send the roflcopter to deliver it to you. <3
    Posted 12 years ago by Classical Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank God, too... cause now I'd be out on my ass like you and the rest of your team. LOL.
  • @Aurora: Doesn't matter anymore. Swear all you want. This entire website will disappear in less than a month's time. =P
  • www.frugal-cafe.com/public_...

[ETA: Basher is only smug because he wished he could work on a cool project with cool people? And now is keeping it classy by making fun of them for being out a job?]
    Posted 12 years ago by Lettuce Subscriber! | Permalink
  • And your Glitch trolling will thankfully, finally come to an end.  Poor sots that have to put up with you after that.
    Posted 12 years ago by Princess Fi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Damn I love seeing trolls get caught with egg on there face.
    Posted 12 years ago by Draron Subscriber! | Permalink
  • When your leader (Stewart) makes design decisions like giving characters in the game the ability to jump up into the anus' of cartoon animals... well, it really made me question the direction the game was going towards. To that end I am glad they are closing down - I'm sure we were only months away before my Glitch could get preggers and then decide have an abortion in-game for funsies.
  • @Draron: www.wikihow.com/Use-There,-...'re
  • I know I thanked you for the music download, but really Bashere, I am sure I speak for everyone here when I say.......

SHUT THE FUCK UP. 
  • Fair enough. Y'all take care. Deleting my account :)
  • When I started to read this thread, I felt sad and angry at the sustained, childish, gloating attitude of the OP (felt as though I was back in grade 3 again)...but you know what? Reading through the responses, it's made me feel so good about the game and about the amazing  players. This has been--and for a few more weeks, is and will be--a wonderful place to be. I'm heartbroken that it's ending. But it makes me feel so good to see evidence that so many amazing people are out there in the world, and to have the knowledge that, even after this medium is gone, you'll still be out there. Amor vincit asshats. <3
    Posted 12 years ago by Voluptua Sneezelips Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Darkness cannot drive out darkness;
    only light can do that.
    Hate cannot drive out hate;
    only love can do that.
    Hate multiplies hate,
    violence multiplies violence,
    and toughness multiplies toughness
    in a descending spiral of destruction....
    The chain reaction of evil --
    hate begetting hate,
    wars producing more wars --
    must be broken,
    or we shall be plunged
    into the dark abyss of annihilation.

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
    Strength To Love, 1963

I love you, Bashere. Despite your pissing on another's grave, I still love you. Because you are a fellow human being, and thus deserve to be loved. :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Sisterly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ASSLANDIA FOREVER.
    Posted 12 years ago by HAVOK PEW SUMMERS Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Comparing something as silly as Shim Shiri to in game abortions...........nice.

Not sad to see you go, my friend.
    Posted 12 years ago by Kurtie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Delighted to hear you're leaving you nasty piece of crap! Can't imagine Anyone wanting a piece of shit like you on their team rofl.
    Posted 12 years ago by Anya Karenya Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Seriously, what an insensitive waste of a human being. Thanks Giants he did us all a favor and deleted his smug, insensitive self.

Hear hear, Havok, Asslandia forever!
    Posted 12 years ago by Aurora Dellaterra Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Sorry Sisterly, but i disagree that just because someone is a human being they deserve to be loved...  i feel no love for arse-hearted trolls and people such as this sad bitter and lying hater. I prefer to be surrounded with the clever, intelligent community that makes up the vast majority of people here.
    Posted 12 years ago by Arietty Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Kurtie! You were my first in-game friend. We explored Jethimadh Tower together! I was too shy to meet anyone when I first started playing and you were very nice to me :-)

I just thought I'd mention that since it made me smile to see you pop up on this otherwise miserable thread.
    Posted 12 years ago by Lettuce Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm not a "zing" or "gotcha!" kind of person, but did like Kukubee's handling of this.

I'm so glad you didn't have that person's presence in the office while trying to create.
    Posted 12 years ago by FlatEarther Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Gotta love trolls, tons of laffs.
    Posted 12 years ago by Mikah Subscriber! | Permalink
  • And he's been deleted. Kukubee, you rock out with your dong out!
    Posted 12 years ago by glassy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Dude does not like butt play.
    Posted 12 years ago by eric Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hahahaha eric
  • Aw Lettuce! I took a few months break and forgot so many people I had friended briefly! Now I'm all sad remembering :( 

I hope you're a part of the facebook group to keep in touch!
  • *has snorted more than once due to this thread .....thanks
    Posted 12 years ago by SideBurns Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Arietty he's gone now anyway, so it doesn't even matter. XD;

And I don't blame you for not agreeing. It's hard to try to find love in your heart for hateful people. I just don't think spewing hate back at someone is an effective way to change them. (Again, I don't blame people for doing so - it's often our first response because we feel the need to defend that which we love, and we love Glitch and *should* defend it.) And I do hope he changes some day, otherwise karma will definitely come back to bite him in the ass.
    Posted 12 years ago by Sisterly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • A response to Bashere, just in case they're still reading:

1) You're right, how odd. Lord knows that no other game startup, or any other startup, in the history of the internet, has ever failed to secure a round of funding, and had to close up shop.

2) Stability can be a good thing. Some people will choose steady and predictable work at the cost of doing something mediocre. And that's fine, Bashere, don't sweat it. But other people are willing to take risks, and to spend a year or two working long days and nights with other brilliant, innovative people, in order to attempt something new. Even if things don't work out, those folks still benefit from having spent that time honing their skills, mastering new challenges, and getting to know some amazing individuals, in ways they wouldn't have been able to at a nice, predictable, steady gig.

2) Game development isn't a huge world, and I'd imagine most companies--especially smaller independents--aren't interested in working with individuals who spend their time online bitterly sniping at every company that didn't hire them. Just a thought.
    Posted 12 years ago by Skibibble Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I love it when staff come out to play in threads :D
    Posted 12 years ago by Feylin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Is it sick and wrong that I stilllllll laugh ( snorted again even) at Eric's comment? "Lalalala.. Lets check the forums... Oh right. *snort"
    Posted 12 years ago by SideBurns Subscriber! | Permalink
  • what skibibble said
  • Ha I believe the title changed from "take" to "get" :p
  • you're right Kurtie, the original title said 'take'
    and he's deleted his account, no doubt realised that he wouldn't be able to show his face in Ur again...
  • Hey aurora, I think he rode in a car. Apart from that you are completely right.
    Posted 12 years ago by Ultra-Dynamic Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ok guys, enough...seriously. Don't you think you've mobbed the OP enough with your vicious comments? Do you think your hatred is making things better? I get it...you need to vent. We all do. But...a lynch mob? Really? Nice. Real nice.

Staff, you should be ashamed for fanning the flames and not deleting this thread before it got out of hand. I'm no prude...I'm a major fan of Asslandia or whatever it's called now (gotta love bathroom humor!), but I can't stomach this venom...never have been able to, and certainly not now.

If there is any common decency left in this land of anarchy and chaos, then please...someone...lock this thread or better yet just delete it. We don't need these bad vibes running rampant in our beautiful...soon to be extinct...world. Peace, yo.
    Posted 12 years ago by KitchWitch Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @KitchWitch, A lot of people are angry right now, angry, hurt, sad, depressed....sometimes people just need a villain to defend against. Everyone deals with their pain differently. Light, Dark, its all part of the same thing. 
    Posted 12 years ago by Papa Legba Subscriber! | Permalink
  • KitchWitch, I don't think this is vicious mobbing, I think this is understandable reaction against someone being an unrepentant, spiteful asshole.
    Posted 12 years ago by Annuska Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Get her!  She's a witch!
    Posted 12 years ago by Sloppy Ketchup Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Does she float?
    Posted 12 years ago by mightywench Subscriber! | Permalink
  • She turned me into a newt!
    Posted 12 years ago by Kaelyn Renai Subscriber! | Permalink
  • OK! Agreed — horse dead — thread locked.
    Posted 12 years ago by stoot barfield Subscriber! | Permalink
1 2 Next