Topic

Glad I didnt get that job at Tiny Speck last year, which I applied for and was rejected for three separate times!

All good things come to an end... except for games like Asheron's Call, which has been running strong for 15 years.

Thread topic edited by staff for clarity. Original was "Glad I didnt take that job at Tiny Speck last year!"

Posted 12 years ago by Bashere Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

Previous 1 2
  • I looked at the screenshots, and those graphics are crappy compared to how nice Glitch is.
    Posted 12 years ago by Sororia Rose Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Seriously? Let people mourn for two seconds.
    Posted 12 years ago by SideBurns Subscriber! | Permalink
  • All I'm saying is that it doesn't take much to keep a game running... a small staff, albiet fewer updates, and a rack of servers should suffice.
  • I can see why they didnt hire you.
    Posted 12 years ago by Gwyn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Classy.  I'm sure Asheron's Call is delighted to have such an insensitive dickball representing them.
    Posted 12 years ago by mightywench Subscriber! | Permalink
  • All you are saying is... " I'm a douche"
  • I thought you ragequit over butts.
    Posted 12 years ago by Annuska Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Comment re-added after you proved yourself to be an asslander. 

Original comment: Walk over to a group of mourners at funeral and make a joke about the dead guy. Abs brill.
    Posted 12 years ago by Wynella Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ... :S Seriously? Ugh 
    Posted 12 years ago by Lila Clemenceau Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @SideBurns: I came back to laugh a bit... I heard the investors "pulled out" after the whole "anus" drama. ;)
  • Aw the comment removed was good.
  • Actually, that had nothing to do with it, and as far as I'm aware no media outlet anywhere is reporting they lost investors.  Tiny Speck is the company.  Glitch is a product. The product is discontinued -- the company still exists.  And that's in every report. 

You're upset because you found something tasteless or personally offensive and can't let it go.  There is evidence in your twitter account that this is a pattern for you.  Lots of angry tweets at companies that "wronged" you, lots of trolling corporate accounts until you get banned, then lots of conversations about how terrible that company is for banning you with anyone willing to listen.  In short, you're obsessive and bitter. 

Nothing to see here folks, just a sad sad man. 
    Posted 12 years ago by Saucelah Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I don't think Asslandia killed Glitch.
    Posted 12 years ago by Sororia Rose Subscriber! | Permalink
  • As it turns out that isn't even my Twitter account ;)
  • Goddamn, I'm gonna miss the forums' daily pricks of self-righteousness.
    Posted 12 years ago by Myrrah Subscriber! | Permalink
  • No the one in your profile now is not, but the one in your profile when you started having a meltdown clearly was.  Enjoy what you enjoy and let others enjoy what they enjoy -- it will take longer for cardiac arrest to catch up with you.  
    Posted 12 years ago by Saucelah Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh burn.
  • Still laughing.
  • Karma will get you
    Posted 12 years ago by Greenie Copper Subscriber! | Permalink
  • whatta dork
    Posted 12 years ago by crème Subscriber! | Permalink
  • You know... I'm a jerk. Anyone who knows me ... Knows I'm a jerk. I laugh..often too hard,at things that are .. Uh, out of line. ( I like the staff here, often..for that reason) but..

Listen. I am fully able bodied. I have family. I have outside friends and feel ok reaching out to them. I do not need glitch. I was here because the blend of people.. The amazing people., was unlike anywhere I've been. (I've been lots of places)

Stats have shown, but my experience (to me) matters more. Any disability. Any issue. Gender issues. Mobility issues. Emotional and mental issues.... Community... Matters.
    This community has had it's issues. We always will. That's life. But ..,

Advertising a stupid game at this point. Just lame.
  • Asslandia didn't kill Glitch, but some Asslanders certainly did.
    Posted 12 years ago by Thousand Sunny Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh SNAP GWYN. That was the most epic comment i've read in a while
    Posted 12 years ago by Jessenya Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm glad that you didn't get the job either.  Would hate to have an asshat like you spoil the goodness of TS.

And here it goes....Fuck you Bashere.  (sorry to offend anyone, but boy that felt good).
    Posted 12 years ago by Stormy Weather Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 for thankfulness they'd never hire this bitter weirdo.  Can you imagine what kind of help he would be?

BWAHAHAHHA, NONE~
    Posted 12 years ago by ☣ elf ☣ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ^^^^^

+1
    Posted 12 years ago by Luna Moth Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wow, I was kind of sad that I was leaving this community, but reading this thread changed my mind. You guys really are a bunch of shrinking violets who can't handle opinions vaguely different from your own.
    Posted 12 years ago by Reirei Umezaki Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Awww, look, it's Trolly McTrollerson. *pets it on the head --- hard*
    That's alright little troll, we'll let you be a douche-canoe because it's obvious you have no life.
    Posted 12 years ago by xombiekitty Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Asheron's Call doesn't have talking trees.
    Checkmate.
    Posted 12 years ago by Volkov Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Well, it isn't so much of an opinion as saying "Tiny Speck sucks."
    Posted 12 years ago by SeerQueen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • If you're going to let a thread like this change your mind, then obviously you weren't really solid in your mindset to begin with. I would never let another user change my memories or experiences here at glitch, whether they be a bitter jerk like OP, or someone with a 'different opinion'. 

Have your different opinions all you want. But don't be a goddamn dick about it, especially in this time. 
    Posted 12 years ago by Kurtie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I've never had a problem with RRU, I thought, maybe they're new, they don't know the history, but this is the second troll I have seen them support, the 2nd person with a SOLID history of trolling. I proclaim thee guilty by association.

I'm glad they didn't hire you either Bashere. 
    Posted 12 years ago by Lily Linguistic Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Just because I don't have time to follow up with forum drama means that I'm either ignorant or a troll. And I have no idea what other troll I supported.

And trolling doesn't mean "having a different opinion than ME, NO WAY." I've gotten harassment for supposedly "trolling" (AKA disagreeing with them), and I can't believe you guys would stoop down to their level And it affects me pretty seriously because I've gotten death threats, stalking threats, and sexual threats for not being in lockstep with a group's opinion.. On second thought, I guess that I'm not surprised.

Can't wait to have people disregard my experiences because I'm a "troll" and "it's not serious at all." Or better yet, victim blaming.
    Posted 12 years ago by Reirei Umezaki Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Just enjoy the game, Reirei. If the forum bothers you, ignore it, and pet as many trees as you can until the end. Don't become bitter :(
    Posted 12 years ago by Kurtie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I have no interest in disagreeing with you... Only saw people using this time .. Poorly. I'm sorry. People suck. Be happy.
  • Glad Tiny Speck didn't hire you. 
    Posted 12 years ago by MonkeyPantz Subscriber! | Permalink
  • You didn't take the job because you weren't offered one!
    Posted 12 years ago by Kukubee Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ROFL!
    Posted 12 years ago by PANsy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ^ LOL

And how long has it been since Asheron's Call received any meaningful updates? Years. There homepage still has events from 2011 on the recent news section lol. I say TS can run the game on a skeleton crew like Asheron's Call but it wouldn't do the game justice.

And I'm pretty sure Glitch has more active subs (not players, subs) than AC does currently.
    Posted 12 years ago by Draron Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ^^^ Sick burn!
    Posted 12 years ago by Pastora Subscriber! | Permalink
  • *'makes out with kukubee just a little *
  • Zing!
    Posted 12 years ago by Juniparr Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ok, i worked on Asheron's Call, and I hope I don't know you OP.

FWIW, Asheron's Call was one of the kludgiest MMO's ever made.  Talk about scalability issues!

ETA: and if it was so great, why did Microsoft give it back to Turbine?
    Posted 12 years ago by Goddess Freya Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ooo burn.
    Posted 12 years ago by Zoethor2 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Investing in a beautiful gaming environment: $15 a month
    Having them provide you with forums to chat with each other: $0
    Having a troll get pwnt in his own tasteless thread: Priceless.
  • www.glitch.com/forum/genera...

25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_...
    Posted 12 years ago by SeerQueen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • how sad to have such a bitter drongo making comments like this about our much loved game.

P.S. you ROCK Kukabee, I think i lobe you...
    Posted 12 years ago by Arietty Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I <3 Kukubee.
    Posted 12 years ago by Lady Cailia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I think this is just super insensitive to the whole community. Glad you have a wonderful job, and I really truly hope you are never put in the position many of the T.S. staff are now in.

But there is this thing called Karma, and those that boast often find it biting them in the butt.

<3 
    Posted 12 years ago by Thursday Soleil Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Bashere= The Westboro Baptist Church of Glitch
    Posted 12 years ago by Sloppy Ketchup Subscriber! | Permalink
Previous 1 2