Topic

Minecraft Server

Hey all,

Saw the closing announcement a few days back and as soon as I got an invite into the game I knew I'd played it before, maybe a year or two ago and I've managed to get in touch with a few of my old friends who're wanting an MC server and say a lot of you guys here do too.

So here's the deal, I'm tied to a server contract for another 15 months even though the business I was using it for failed almost 6 months ago - since it isn't being used for anything right now I'm willing to host an MC server if anyone is interested?

Edit: Seems we have a lot of interest! I will have the server up on November 26th, it should handle quite a lot of people simultaneously since it's a dual core dedicated server. I will post details of how to connect on that day, so watch this space!

Posted 11 years ago by Monotoko Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I want to join this! Whats the IP?

Even without mods, we could still recreate Uralia and some other places with wool blocks.
    Posted 11 years ago by Khetnen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I would like to play too. :D
    Posted 11 years ago by stormoftara Subscriber! | Permalink
  • perhaps after my finals are over i could look into making a partial texture pack (because what would the monsters even be skinned as) (and why would i even reskin the chickens and pigs)
    Posted 11 years ago by Beru Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Server in the original post still isn't up yet, but I have my AU server up for those wanting to play around until it's up: mc.w3k.id.au
    Posted 11 years ago by WaLLy3K Subscriber! | Permalink
  • hello, I tried to connect but I get unknown host and unknown server.

By the way @Monotoko, today is the 26th! :D 

Edit 5 hrs later: I'm in the server! No one else is...
    Posted 11 years ago by rasamalai Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Bump - any progress?
    Posted 11 years ago by Hen vla Ham Subscriber! | Permalink
  • While I'm waiting for this server, I'm working on making the island landscapes from Ur using the world maps compiled from glitch.com/locations (In total, makes an almost 7mb huge image that I overlay on Minecraft World Painter)

This is a couple of hours work this morning: Groddle Isles WIP.

Minecraft will auto-populate resources, caverns, trees, animals and such so it won't show on that 3D map. Still, it's a start :)
  • WaLLy3k, that's amazing! I love it!
    Posted 11 years ago by Jokes Subscriber! | Permalink
  • So pretty!!! I hope to see it someday :)
  • I'll have to swing by the Minecraft server. I played solo for a while, though I dropped Minecraft in favor of Glitch.
    Posted 11 years ago by Lucille Ball Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I've been playing Minecraft Pocket Edition on my iPad for a while now, think I'm gonna invest in a new laptop to play the pc version with you all since Glitch is closing.
    Posted 11 years ago by I'm Chris Subscriber! | Permalink
  • WaLLy3k - love how it looks so far! Monotoko - if you dont get the server up by the time Glitch closes, please can we have some way of contacting you?
    Posted 11 years ago by Daisy Diggory Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Waves hand wildly!!  Me too!!  Me too!!

I've been playing Minecraft for about two years (started when it was at beta 1.7, I think)  and love it.  My sister has a server that I play on a regular basis.  Let me know if I can help any.   It does need to be whitelisted as there are a LOT of MC griefers - people who live to ruin a server and destroy all of your hard work - out there

Just to warn those with older computers - Minecraft is a resource hog and will run well on the higher end computers.  My laptop will not play Minecraft and it is a year old but it is not a really good computer.  My desktop runs it very well and is two years old but I added a new 1GB video card and power supply to it when I bought it.  There are mods (Optifine) you can use to get Minecraft to run better. 
    Posted 11 years ago by creaksalot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'd like to play minecraft with other glitchens! Please add me on Skype to play where I play at or if I can join you somewhere.
  • ^ That got me thinking. For those of you with Steam accounts, there is already a Glitch group available that you might be interested joining: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/GlitchImaginators
  • What's the IP?
    Posted 11 years ago by The Sunset Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm thinking that if Monotoko doesn't come through with his offer for a server, I'd be willing to put up the cost of a 3 month subscription for a 24 player server to test the waters (hopefully running with the map that I'm currently working on).

If I was to go through with it, I've found that BeastNode seem to have very suitable reviews and having it located in Los Angeles, US would be central to most users.

Any thoughts?
  • Quite new to minecraft but would be very interested in signing up to a Glitch server if one became available. Or at least being on the waiting list if you already have enough people signed up and interested. You'd have to be very patient with my newbie questions though!
    Posted 11 years ago by JarkWoman Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'd jump all over that server if you made it, WaLLy3k!
  • "I'd jump all over that server if you made it, WaLLy3k!"

Seconded.
    Posted 11 years ago by Impspindle Subscriber! | Permalink
  • And thirded Wally :)
  • It's not much at the moment, but I've created a forum which ultimately, will be used to link user forum registrations to the Minecraft player whitelist.

Feel free to register @ http://ur.w3k.id.au
  • I will sign up for the forum at some point - I've created a Mojang account but it seems I need to buy minecraft before I can set up a username. Will do this in the next couple of weeks!
  • I'm interested too! The world looks sweet so far.
    Posted 11 years ago by Syrup Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Bump ..

any progress Monokoto?

--

I'm signing up for the forum, Wally3k.

If anyone is on Minecraft Forums, my user there is ImCoolBeans, same as my actual Minecraft user name.
    Posted 11 years ago by I'm Chris Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My Minecraft username is Draconequus, for future reference.
    Posted 11 years ago by Avnas Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm liking the response here and on the other forums!

I've had a few hiccups trying to put my "painted" areas into a proper world (not to mention importing & exporting taking 15-20 mins each time) because when I clear out an area to put Mazza'la down, the landscaped area doesn't carry over from one program to the next.

Still trying though, by all means (even if it means I have to do them from scratch or ditch those super large areas entirely).
  • Wally - have you tried playing around with MC edit ? - seems promising and as the right tool for the job. :)
  • That's what I'm using (In conjunction with WorldPainter) - it just doesn't like that there's a 700mb world that needs rendering each time I try and do something with it. I think I've found a workaround though, so not to worry!
  • I would have liked to sign up for this forum.. just can't justify $26+ to join a game i'm not sure I will even want to play in order to join the group  :(.  Thanks though :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Princess Fi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I intended on having people who filled out their Minecraft handle to be in a different 'group', but it requires modifications to PHPBB which requires time that I'd rather dedicate to finishing the map.

I also forgot to take into account that there would be people willing to follow others from the Glitch community that already own Minecraft - so, you can sign up now if you haven't purchased Minecraft.
  • ...Were our forum usernames supposed to be our Minecraft usernames, or something? If so, whoops.
  • ^ Nope, that's specifically why there's a separate field for the Minecraft username.
  • Joni (and others) please come join us in the forum. :) the more the merrier!!

A note for all unsure if they want to play: you can download the game for free and play offline for as long you want - free! Just leave the login info blank and you'll get an option to play offline. That way you can experience the game a great deal, and see how well your computer handles it, and make sure you want to play before you spend 25$ on it.

It surely helped me finding out if it was something I could justify spending on. Personally I decided to buy it as I quite enjoy the creative and exploratory side of it. :)

In conclusion: come join us and see what we're up to :)
  • to be fair, the game was half off for the huge time that it was in development
    Posted 11 years ago by Avnas Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ...and yet, when I try to modify the Minecraft username field in my profile, the server barfs all over me.

[edit] Thanks, Wally!
  • Resolved that issue, thanks Jokes! :)
  • Make sure you sign up at ur.w3k.id.au if you're interested in playing in a Minecraft rendition of UR. I'm finishing it up and hope to have it up in under a week.
  • I've signed up. :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Asazi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hey everyone, I'd love to register for Wally's forum, but it keeps telling me "The Minecraft ID entered was not valid". I did create an account on minecraft.net, but was never specifically asked to create a user name or ID there. It feels like I'm missing something obvious, but can't figure it out...
    Posted 11 years ago by Aroha Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I believe you need to enter your username that comes up in game for it to pass authentication (assuming you actually bought the game), not your Mojang login ID (if you opted to change your account to a Mojang account).

The check is to see if the username entered is a paid-for account - otherwise nothing fancy.
  • Aroha: to try the demo, I had to register with mojang. Then I could play the free demo, both download or online demo version.
    To sync and play online with the download I had to pay and only then was I asked to create a minecraft username.
    It is kinda confusing really.. :)
  • Good news everyone!

The server is up and waiting for Glitchen to come. Details are located on the World of Ur forum.
  • Yay! I'll have to log on later. :3
    Posted 11 years ago by Asazi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I've joined the World of Ur/Minecraft - you'll see me as JarkW. Thanks for setting this up!
  • Please let me help, been in the process of making a somewhat mini-version of Ur in a server i've been in for quite some time but I would rather be helping out on a larger scale Ur. The regions i've been doing are 60x50 each, so I hope they are larger than that.
    Posted 11 years ago by LųĉĩđεşşΨ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thx Hen and Wally, that explanation makes sense - I only played the online demo so far, but did not actually buy the game yet. Will probably do it later and join you in New Ur then :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Aroha Subscriber! | Permalink
  • relevant to my interests, you will probably see me there :V
    Posted 11 years ago by Hirune Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Lucidess: I think any help is appreciated, please come join us in the forum - then pm Wally for coordination.

Awesome hirune!

Oh and please put your glitch name somewhere, either in profile info, signature or forum username. :)
  • an other server managed by ex-glitches
    obsessioncraft.net:25565
    (it only accepts registered/bought the game users)
    Posted 11 years ago by Zean Subscriber! | Permalink