Topic

Glitchen in the Kingdom

I've seen scattered comments about fellow players who are also active in Kingdom of Loathing. I'll be heading back there soon, and I'm sort of a clan-hopper. I've already applied to the new clan, but someone also made the point that many people are already in established clans.

I was wondering if anyone has a clan of their own or someone else's that they'd like to recommend. I'm HC for life (until I have ALL THE PERMS), not to mention lazycore. I have participated in dungeons other than with the "open" clans, but I haven't done much with PvP except to break my stone for the badge, and get a flower. I also haven't played much in quite a long time, since Glitch usurped my web-browser game time. While I'm only semi-active, I do like to help out when I can.

I'm ZenMonkey over there as well. Hope to see you!

Posted 11 years ago by ZenMonkey Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• QuinnRi, long time player, send a message and I will add you! Maybe we need an autowhitelist clan to talk and forum go in?
    Posted 11 years ago by QuinnR Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm mightywench, an adventurer is me too!  

Been playing six or seven years now.  I'm usually HC4L but been lazy lately.  I'd love a little glitch clan to visit.  I have an alt I could probably open a clan on if there is enough interest.
    Posted 11 years ago by mightywench Subscriber! | Permalink
  • man i haven't played KoL in a hella long time, i never really did much more than a couple normal ascensions and a bit of hobopolis adventuring
    maybe i should start again w/ glitch going down
    Posted 11 years ago by Spacemarine9 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Come come, so many new things have happened in game, updates and new content by the buttloads!
  • And Crimbo is coming!
  • Oh man, Crimbo is a great time to get back into the game. Thanks for that motivation!

QuinnR, can a clan be switched over to auto whitelist? Maybe the owners of the new clan would consider doing that? I also have a "spare" clan; it's Infocom-related but could be a nod to exiled Glitchen. It's called The Great Underground Empire but you know you can't say "underground" without "Ur." ;-)
  • Rodia in KoL. To say I'm 'active' is a gross overstatement, but since Glitch will be gone, I'll probably get back there...
    Posted 11 years ago by Cefeida Subscriber! | Permalink
  • You have to have a person who plays often to auto list people as they join. The name should probably have glitch in it, or after forums are gone nobody will find it.
    Posted 11 years ago by QuinnR Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm Jackiekitten over then.  Any new players need buffs put on them, let me know!
    Posted 11 years ago by Jackie Jones Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm starspiritgeno in the Kingdom. I've been pretty inactive as of late, but I always keep coming back. And as someone said, Crimbo soon!
    Posted 11 years ago by Polk Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I've been looking KoL over... maybe. I dunno yet.
    Posted 11 years ago by Djabriil Subscriber! | Permalink
  • An Adventurer is Nopeekn. I will be back to the Kingdom as well. Farewell Transmission is the clan I belong to. We have some glitchen there. That is how I found Glitch to begin with.
    Posted 11 years ago by MisBehavin' Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I want to join, and I'm trying to decide what "career" to choose.  Its between saucerer and pasta-thing (?).  Can anyone give an explanation of what they're like, or advise which is better?   I don't want to be one of hundreds, haha. As I get the impression you trade or sell your wares?  I'd like to chose the one that is needed more.
    Posted 11 years ago by Phoebe Springback Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Pinkkae, level 12, haven't ascended yet. at all. I ended my hiatus when I heard of Glitch's closing.

I'm a Pastamancer. Mostly because I like pasta, and it's delicious. And no, you don't trade or sell pasta or sauce--at least not at first. You fight with pasta. You conjure up delicious ravioli shurikens...

I'm serious.
    Posted 11 years ago by Sororia Rose Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Shades of Glitch!  "I will smite thee with this wet noodle!"  I'm encouraged.  ^.^
    Posted 11 years ago by Phoebe Springback Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ok...I joined...BUT...Is it all just stick drawings on a page? Is there an actual game to go into and walk around and play? Or is what I see what I get? - so confused
    Posted 11 years ago by sgjo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • it's a text based RPG, what you see is what you get.  But the writing and mechanics are brilliant.  As are the stick figures!  I highly suggest looking in the forums and at the wiki.  There are a billion things to keep track of.
  • Aww...ok. ty for your info and help - not thinking it's for me 8^(
    Posted 11 years ago by sgjo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I just joined. It seems like it could amuse me for a while. I'm CyberGrape over there
    Posted 11 years ago by Cyber Grape Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Phoebe, the game is about ascension, which means you play through it as one class, then you get to keep one skill from that class and start again as a different class. Or the same. I play a different class every ascension to keep it interesting but some people play ONLY one. Or don't bother to ascend and instead play "aftercore," or what other MMOs call the endgame.

And yes, this hearkens back to the days of text adventures when we only had *gasp* our imaginations as graphics cards. However, if you don't think of them as "just stick figures," I think you'll find there's much to love about the art.

(It's not really an MMO anyway, since the opportunities for grouping are extremely limited, but it is very social, or can be. For loners like me, you never have to see another person in the game ever if you don't want.)
  • decided to play this again. it's been so long I forgot my login info, so I started over. bored no more over there too.
    Posted 11 years ago by bored no more Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I am Carnival in KoL. I haven't played much in a long time, so yay for Mr. Accessory, lol.

Did someone create a Glitch clan?
    Posted 11 years ago by Liathea Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I just started KoL because of the recommendations here but...seriously, it's so f'ing complicated!! I'm guessing it gets easier....

Giants I wish Glitch wasn't closing *tearing up again*

edited: spelling
    Posted 11 years ago by Daisy Blooms Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wow Stocking Mimics are 90 mil now!
    Posted 11 years ago by MisBehavin' Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Lasagna Breath
    Posted 11 years ago by Janitch Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I joined this just out of curiosity. Its mind numbing and so easy to just get lost in the clicking. I'm still figuring it out but i kind of enjoy it. I'm PapaLegba on there.
    Posted 11 years ago by Papa Legba Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I've been away for far too long. What better way to return than during a fresh new holly jolly Crimbo. I am known as Zunkin there and I have a Disco Bandit named Behind Blue Eyes.
    Posted 11 years ago by Melting Sky Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Do ask lots of questions.  Do read the wiki.  Do visit the forums.  Join a clan.  (Collect lucre.)  It can be hard to start.  That's my advice to start with, it's a super helpful crowd.  The wiki is immense and amazing.   I am always happy to answer any mails in game or in chat in game.  mightywench there as I am everywhere.

Should I start a clan?  I'm not very good or talented or even attention-spanned at leading, but I'd be happy to open one and hang out and help out and put somebody else in charge.  

Happy to see old/new faces for Crimbo!  I love Crimbotime <3

(I adore my Stocking Mimic - 90 mil? Holy crap!)
  • I'm mermer in KoL and might get back into that again. I lost interest during a Boris run but it is Crimbo again.
    Posted 11 years ago by Elizabeth Park-Fowl Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm seldon over in KoL and happy to help any glitchers who have trouble adjusting.
    Posted 11 years ago by seldon Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I look forward to adding all of you as friends once I get the chance. :D
  • Have been playing KoL for 3 days now, and got a warm welcome in the Farewell Transmission clan. :)
    Posted 11 years ago by miss_celani Subscriber! | Permalink
  • so was a clan ever formed? or are people migrating to Farewell Transmission? I looked at the Glitch one and it only has 11 people. I'm not sure if you can change clans once you join, so I'm being careful.
    Posted 11 years ago by bored no more Subscriber! | Permalink
  • You can be whitelisted to many clans and jump between them without any penalty. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Moggie Rose Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hi - I've just signed up as Zelatrix and will try and get in the game in the next couple of days. See you in the Farewell Transmission clan!
    Posted 11 years ago by JarkWoman Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I used to play this game a lot back in the day. Even though my old character is still there, I decided to make a new one with the same username as Glitch.
    Posted 11 years ago by girlthulhu Subscriber! | Permalink
  • A KoL player is me!

CrypticEllipsis in-game if anyone wants to chat :)

And yeah, I like the idea of a Glitch clan, if we can get a decent member base going :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Cryptic Ellipsis Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yay! I play as xdesdemona, but I frequently get frustrated and disappear :P Currently doing that because the only quest I have, I can't seem to complete.
    Posted 11 years ago by Rev. Desdemona Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'd join a Glitch clan if peeps are going to be active. My current clan may be well furnished, but it has only two or three active players...
    Posted 11 years ago by Polk Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Glitch clan sounds good!
    Posted 11 years ago by Jackie Jones Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm eristastic over there.  I'd be happy to join a Glitch clan! 
    Posted 11 years ago by knitmeapony Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I used to play Yishana and have recently started again.
    Posted 11 years ago by Mocha Maid Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm Beasticon over there, but I've been stuck in the middle of the same Oxycore ascension for... about a year now... which seems to be about the same time I discovered Glitch... hmmm.....

I've been thinking I will probably head back to KoL, too.
    Posted 11 years ago by Charlotte Sometimes Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wow, so far, between this thread and the other threads where Glitchens have posted about KoL, I've extracted 86 Glitchens and their KoL names to an Excel spreadsheet and added brief comment as to whether they're new, oldtimers who haven't played in a while, oldtimers who are active, etc.
    There's a few where I have their Glitch name but not KoL name or KoL name but not Glitch name, and I'll try to locate that information and fill it in.
    Basically, if you scroll back and read the post by ZenMonkey, it gives an excellent quick introduction to Kingdom of Loathing.
    As far as clans, I'm seeing Glitchens join KoL, and some have joined my clan or a couple of other long-established clans, which is the best thing to do.  When you join, you are put automatically into the /newbie chat channel, which is sort of OK, but you really need to at least contact a longtime player so he or she can mentor you and guide your first steps.  And you need to find a clan as soon as possible so you can get individualized guidance and help from your clanmates in the clan chat channel.  
    Rather than a bunch of new Glitch clans, which will separate us even further, I strongly suggest joining a long-established clan that will already have a lot of the things you will need.  Many clan furnishings are either no longer available or are so expensive that it will take ages for a new clan to be able to afford them.  And by joining an already-established clan that already has Glitchens in it, you'll be among friends right away.
    When you're on KoL, search for some of the players who have posted here that they are longtime players and message them, let them know you've arrived, and ask them for help settling in.  :)
    Talaria Wingfoot on Glitch    and    norsegodofmischief on Kingdom of Loathing
    Posted 11 years ago by Talaria Wingfoot Subscriber! | Permalink