Topic

The loading screen was backwards

Instead of going from blue sphere to islands with trees and such, it went from islands with trees and such to blue sphere.

Tiny Speck, this hurts me. Emphasis on the end.

Posted 11 years ago by Seeen Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Yup, it's been that way for a while. *sigh* :(
    Posted 11 years ago by kalsangikid Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ...I just saw that and that's the first time since the whole ending thing broke that I teared up. Especially since the music is still so happy and hopeful.
    Posted 11 years ago by Cefeida Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It breaks my heart a little every time I see it
    Posted 11 years ago by Green Meanie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh man, I cried when I first saw that.
    Posted 11 years ago by ZenMonkey Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I hate this. You finally gather up the courage to visit the world you love that is going away and you get a fresh reminder of it's death as soon as you click "Enter Game". I try not to watch it.
    Posted 11 years ago by Wynella Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It is salt in the wound.
    Posted 11 years ago by Pascale Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The real Ur and the real Glitch only ever existed in your own heart and imagination. There it will always be, as fresh and colorful as ever. What we all were playing on our computers was only a shadow of the real thing, a mirror. Remember that.
    Posted 11 years ago by Flowerry Pott Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I was trying to stay happy until the end, and just live glitch to the fullest, but this just ruined it for me. This game is going a little too haywire, please stop. I really can't take much more of this. :(
    Posted 11 years ago by OMG BACON!! Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I can't stand watching it, either. The stillness of the blue globe chills my heart. :(
    Posted 11 years ago by Katechol Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I first noticed this not long after the notice went up, I had to refresh. It seriously broke my heart. It gets a little better each time, but still tears me apart. Just the fact that it is all going away into nothingness, if nothing else this is a graphic representation of it. :(
    Posted 11 years ago by awesome sauce01 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • When I load the game, I now alt tab away so I dont have to see that because it makes me sad every time. And, it makes me question how and why the main giant lost his imagination....  He, is the De-Imaginator.
    Posted 11 years ago by Innie✿, Obviously Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The end of any world, whether it is a transition or a dive into oblivion, is going to be haywire in almost every way.

The backward loading screen IS salt in the wounds, but it is also just one of Tiny Speck's own cries of anguish and pain.  They're not trying to hurt us, they're showing us their own distress.  Let it hurt.  Hurt is the right feeling right now.
    Posted 11 years ago by Carl Projectorinski Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hey!  I have a fantastic idea.

The loading screen is really a basic flash animation.  It would be totally possible for us players to band together and make a fan created loading screen.  Send it to TS and see if they'll use it in the last week.
  • +1 Carl. if I knew how to do that, I would help out.
    Posted 11 years ago by bored no more Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I can throw together the animation, actually.  It's one of the things I do.  I just need ideas and imagery!
  • I don't know. Although it makes me sad, I think it's the perfect loading screen. I know we have fantastically talented players, but I want to see TS's work until the end.
    Posted 11 years ago by ZenMonkey Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ZenMonkey, good point.  We could also throw something together as a kind of e-card, and put in on one of our own sites.  Unveil it the minute before the servers close.  A "Loading Real World" screen...
  • I really don't like the reversed loading screen, either. I'd be happy just to get the normal one back.
    Posted 11 years ago by Miss Coco Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Nicely said, Flowerry Pott.
    Posted 11 years ago by The Cat Face Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Carl, I can, just that I don't have flash or something like that on my com. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Kristabel Subscriber! | Permalink