Topic

Enough already with the butterflies,piggies and chooks.

The new lands are gorgeous. The artwork in the snowy lands is so fine I could feel the frost on my nose..right up until the ubiquitous fauna started showing. Yes, the piggies and butterflies and chickens are helpful to low level starving players, but there's a whole big world there and I was really really really hoping that for the two weeks remaining, there could be some land mass  without them. If they can't live in the ancestral lands, why should they be thriving in sub-zero temperatures?

I am completely aware that this a trivial complaint, but I'm pretending to myself that the game isn't closing and so am whingeing as I would under normal circumstances.    

Posted 11 years ago by caley dunn Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• There should be YETI!
    But they're extremely hard to find.
    So people who can catch them in a snap would have an awesome picture of the mythical creature.
    And you can harvest their fur from trees they brushed up against.
    And you take that white fur.
    And you dye it.
    And make custom colored cloth from it.
    Then apply it to furniture and clothing.
    And sell your custom pieces.

Oh yeah! We're closing. I gotta stop doing that! Every time I see anything, my mind still goes to "How can this be awesome in Glitch?"
    Posted 11 years ago by Kukubee Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I had a suspicion one of the animals that never released would let us do that, thanks for the heads up :D
    Posted 11 years ago by Moehr Ossum Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I love that idea!!  Before we moved out of the rockies, we'd see the occasional tuft of moose or wolf hair stuck to a shrub.  People would stick it to their clay designs and then fire them in a kiln. The result was super awesome.
    Can we NOT close the game??
    I'm with you, Caley Dunn, pretending the game isn't closing.  It doesn't seem to be working though :(
    Posted 11 years ago by Minkey Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I think we should have been able to pluck snowballs from the fur between the yeti's toes, and then we could have had some fun snowball fights!
    Posted 11 years ago by Zany Serendipity Subscriber! | Permalink
  • YETI  !!!!  
    Kukube, in my mind you have already made it happen.
    Posted 11 years ago by caley dunn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I found one!  He lives in my head, Room 4173.  Feel free to rummage around in there, I prefer a gentle touch.
    Posted 11 years ago by FlatEarther Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Kukubee, you rock! I wish there were yeti!
    Posted 11 years ago by Avery♥ Subscriber! | Permalink
  •  A YETI!!!
    Posted 11 years ago by Innie✿, Obviously Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Listen, staff... these ideas should be mobile games.  The cubimals-as-pets thing, where you can raise them, battle them, breed them, whatever... that is the perfect sort of game for a phone.  The art is already done.  The yeti idea... another game.  The cactus-stacking thing... game!  Glitchamaphone looks freaking adorable, and will supposedly be released eventually, so you are already on the way to becoming a super-popular mobile app developer.  This sell-chat-technology idea... boring!  Make fun games instead.  You know you want to.  (Just make them FUN, okay?  Figure out what the object of the game is before you start to code, and don't get sidetracked, and don't overthink.)  Plus, if you're really married to this chat thing, you could make a mobile chat and forum-ish sort of thing, and the Glitch community could continue to exist there, and you could show us off to potential clients. 

As for the OP... caley dunn is awesome, and she should have whatever she wants, in life and in Glitch.  I would just like to point out that the heli cats seem right at home at the ice skating rink, and I doubt that anyone would object to some heli yetis.
    Posted 11 years ago by glum pudding Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 trillion to everything glum pudding just said. Who's with me?
    Posted 11 years ago by Misty Power Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Me!
    Posted 11 years ago by Mocha Maid Subscriber! | Permalink
  •  This sell-chat-technology idea... boring!  Make fun games instead

Combine the two! :)
    Posted 11 years ago by shhexy corin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I kind of like it, the sell-chat-thing. This was my preferred MMO.
    Posted 11 years ago by Godiva Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I KNEW it. That tent is a yeti house!!!
    Posted 11 years ago by Lucille Ball Subscriber! | Permalink