Topic

Staff Topic

An Update from the Department of Refunds

We're doing what we can do get refunds processed quickly. We've run into a few snags due to the sheer volume of refunds we're trying to issue -- payments processors simply don't expect a refund volume like this from a single company. No one does this! We've been shut off twice by PayPal, for example, and it takes phone calls, explanations, hassle, and time to get refunds running again every time something like that happens.

For payments made on September 25th, 2012 and after: All of these refunds were submitted to our payments processors and are now settled. This means that the money left our account and that the party responsible for getting it back to you (as a debit to your bank account, a credit on your credit card statement, what have you) is now coordinating with your card's bank to make that happen. We have no visibility into the status of any of these transactions.

For payments made between November 1, 2011 and September 24th, 2012: We will begin to process these next week. Please verify that you've selected the correct refund option on your refund page (http://www.glitch.com/closing/refunds/) and also check to see that we have the correct email address listed for you on that page. If we encounter any problems issuing your refund, we'll contact you for additional information. We are waiting to do this enormous batch of refunds together (literally hundreds of thousands of transactions), which meant waiting until after the November 30th deadline to allow everyone time to select their refund preference.

This sucks, but: refunds can be slow. There are a lot of parties involved in getting money from point A (us) to point B (you) and those parties aren't particularly forthcoming with information about what might be slowing up the process. Also, it's a lot of work for us. But we love you guys. So we're doing it.

If there are generic questions we haven't covered here, post them in the comments and we'll do our best to answer them.

An Update to the Update from the Department of Refunds (12/3/12)

We'll be contacting all of you who have requested a refund to verify that your original payment method is still a valid place for us to refund your money. If your credit card was cancelled, your PayPal account closed, whatever, you'll have a chance to tell us what to do instead.

Posted 11 years ago by Little Poundcake Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• We love you, TS.
    Posted 11 years ago by SeerQueen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you for letting us know where you are!

We love you, TS.
    Posted 11 years ago by Persephone Pear Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Love you guys, thanks for being so awesome.
    Posted 11 years ago by Zoethor2 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • We love you back.
    Posted 11 years ago by SchWM Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I did apply for a refund, but whatever happens doesn't really matter. I spent money on a game that I absolutely love. It has all been time and money well spent in my opinion.
    I don't know ya'll, but I love you guys for creating this beautiful world that we were privileged to take part in.
    I hope that in the future our Glitchie experience (for both players and creators) will stand as an example of the sort of game world we'd wish to inhabit and to be a part of creating.
    Everlasting thanks & well wishes. Truly Scrumptious.
    Posted 11 years ago by Truly Scrumptious Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Who knows what TS' next product will be, but I think we can all agree that the service front to back and top to bottom will be excellent.  Thanks for bringing the awesome, even during End Times.
    Posted 11 years ago by FlatEarther Subscriber! | Permalink
  •  Thanks for update on refunds, like Truly, it really doesn't matter too, it was well worth it!  
    Posted 11 years ago by MancyPants Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I too feel bad for opting for the refund. If it doesn't come I won't be terribly upset.
    Posted 11 years ago by IxÆoN Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I wish there were a way to split the refund somehow -- as if it weren't already complicated enough for you guys.  I can't afford to pass up the money right now, but I do wish I could keep a little in the coffers.  

Instead, I'll just keep a little on standby, ready to reinvest in whatever you guys come up with next.
    Posted 11 years ago by Aposiopesis Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It's not too late, if you haven't opted for TS to keep your money, you still can! Till the 30th!

Go here -> (http://www.glitch.com/closing/refunds/) and choose " already got what I paid for and would like Tiny Speck to keep the proceeds" to pad those severance checks, help former TS'ers onto their next gig, help add to the seed money of TS's next project, tell TS to keep your money for the awesome that they gave us all!! 
    IF you don't need it back, tell em to KEEP IT!! 

It's the least that those of us that are able can do. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Squiggle-Squee Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Please, take my money. The game has given back so much, you guys deserve it.
    Posted 11 years ago by DOOMy Nutpuncher Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I didn't opt for the refund, and won't. Please use the money for whatever small fun it will bring you, a really nice bottle of scotch perhaps?
    Posted 11 years ago by Dagny Taggart Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I agree with the above. I wish I could give *part* of my money to TS for a job well done but can't right now afford to give it all. I will save up for the *next big thing*. I wish you all the best.
    Posted 11 years ago by Holly Waterfall Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I wish I had more money to give you so Glitch wouldn't have to close! =(
    Posted 11 years ago by Tonya Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I love you TS! I actually opted for no refund but I got one anyway...is it possible for you to cancel the refund? I don't think it was very big so it might not be worth your time but please take it back if feasible...I got more than my money's worth with this lovely lovely game.
    Posted 11 years ago by Daisy Blooms Subscriber! | Permalink
  • TY............ TS..loved the whole year and a half of joy each day growing with the developers incredible ideas and talents. I look forward to TS creating another wonderful game maybe different  from Adobe but I am sure a brilliant game.The refund was greatly appreciated in these times of recession.
    Posted 11 years ago by Baby Pip Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Keep my money, you deserve it! *throws money* Now lets go enjoy the end of the wurld!
    Posted 11 years ago by OMG BACON!! Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Love ya ty for each day of love and good good friends to play with.:)
    Posted 11 years ago by Jellybelly Baby Subscriber! | Permalink
  • its exactly this sort of love and care that made Glitch and TS the greatest game ever xxx
    Posted 11 years ago by Loupin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you, TS. Much love to the entire TS family.
    xoxo, CS
    Posted 11 years ago by CoffeeSnob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I still don't have a refund page.  Is there some reason for this?  I don't want a refund, but I would like to be able to say so and I am concerned that you will just refund me because I have no chance to refuse.

I have loved Glitch, I have had more than I paid for.  I hope you are all ok.
    Posted 11 years ago by Cassandria Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Can I, um, opt to defund just a bit more? I received so much and gave so little, perhaps a -ve refund would work.
    Posted 11 years ago by Benzyl Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Cassandria: Your payment was made before November 1, 2011 (over a year ago), so are not included in either automatic or opt-in refunds.
    Posted 11 years ago by Bees! Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you Bees, now I understand.  I am so glad to have had the chance to play this wonderful game, it has been worth every penny.  I do hope all the staff can find other jobs as soon as possible.
    Posted 11 years ago by Cassandria Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I didn't opt to get the refund, either (I believe it even said I wasn't eligible), but I got one, anyway. Wah! I wanted you guys to keep it.
    Posted 11 years ago by Wellsie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • OMG, Pay Pal strikes again. I swear, every time someone talks about having trouble with money transferring through the internet....Pay Pal is in there somewhere, screwing it up. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Feylin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Appreciate all your work.  I didn't keep my credit card on file for this acct altho you do show the last 4 digits so I'll wait for you to contact me if you need to altho the card is on file on my other acct.  Happen to know the Tooth Fairy personally....that aside, appreciate the effort it takes to do this.
    Posted 11 years ago by AlmostSilver Subscriber! | Permalink
  • We trust you!  We know you'll get to it.

BTW - PayPal is not all bad.  They are careful.  Last year I got sold a counterfeit piece of electronics and they got my money back.
    Posted 11 years ago by ArtOfHands RoboGirl Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes, I'm really poor right now so can't not pass up the money, but is there some way to donate back what I don't need?
    Posted 11 years ago by Rammi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Partial refunds would require more of an engineering effort than we wanted to invest for this particular project. Treat yourself to something nice with the money you would have left with us and consider it a present. :)

Some of you got refunds despite not asking for one! This is because automatic refunds were issued for transactions initiated on September 25th and later, so refund choices did not apply to those transactions. The choices only apply to the 11/1/11 - 9/24/12 transactions.
    Posted 11 years ago by Little Poundcake Subscriber! | Permalink
  • If this applies to you, you've probably already noticed the giant header strip all over the site, but: if you have a pending manual refund, we'll need you to confirm the method we use to give it to you right here: http://www.glitch.com/closing/refunds/
    Posted 11 years ago by stoot barfield Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I gave back my $90. Hope it helps! Thank you TS!
    Posted 11 years ago by Pickle Bob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • What if my original account was deleted? Will you still process refunds?
    Posted 11 years ago by Deimaginator Subscriber! | Permalink
  • So, I requested a refund, but like I said, wanted to give some of it back, so bought a Glitch pouch. If others want to give back too, there's also the art book!
    Posted 11 years ago by Rammi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I have asked for a refund for credits bought on Jun 5, 2012.  The "closing/refunds" still says "pending" - is there enough time to process it?
    Posted 11 years ago by Nefer Nefer Subscriber! | Permalink
  • All of the money being refunded to me (also still "pending") will be going for the best art book I can get. :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Truly Scrumptious Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I too will be using my refunds on the bestest art book I probably can't afford :)
    Posted 11 years ago by snygyst Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I just started receiving notifications from Paypal in regards to the refunds occurring, and I wanted to thank you guys from the bottom of my heart for this as it has allowed me to make some amazing purchases to memorialize my time spent here. I can't wait to get my hands on that art book, l.e. prints and hopefully a soundtrack when that is released. :heart: 
    Posted 11 years ago by Orchi Da Pea Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Deimaginator: You'll have to open a help case to inquire.

Nefer Nefer: There's plenty of time. This is a fairly manual process and there are many, many thousands of transactions for us to process so it might take a while.

Orchi Da Pea: Good! We started sending the easiest refunds earlier today … good to hear they are showing up.
    Posted 11 years ago by stoot barfield Subscriber! | Permalink