Topic

EDIT: IRL SPRIGGAN ICON! / High-res art of the icons?

Hi guys,

I would really love to make IRL versions of the Giants' icons to keep on my desk (with those miniature easels they sell at hobby/craft stores) and I'm wondering if there's any chance of getting files of the Giants and the icon backgrounds that would be able to print to at least 3"x3" or so. Or even the flash files so they'll resize smoothly...? 

I am going to talk to my partner about buying one of the art prints for all 11 Giants :D it'd look awesome in our living room.

Thank you <3

elendraug

Posted 11 years ago by Elendraug Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• My plan is to put up icons of the giants in my garden next year, even if I have to paint them by hand! (Our neighbors already think we're insane; why should I discourage them?)
    Posted 11 years ago by Awful Horrid Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I got impatient and decided to make one of Spriggan anyway. :D Tutorial is here if anyone's interested!

glitchcosplay.tumblr.com/po...
  • That's beautiful!
    Posted 11 years ago by Lady K Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you very much c:
  • Ahhh that's so awesome! I've been meaning to make real life giant icons too. Thanks for sharing :D
    Posted 11 years ago by Sterne Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I am in awe.
    Posted 11 years ago by Papa Legba Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wow!!! That is awesome!
    Posted 11 years ago by Innie✿, Obviously Subscriber! | Permalink
  • That is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen, Elendraug. I may have to figure out how to do it myself. Spriggan has always been my favorite Giant (but don't tell the other ten :P).

~Rae
    Posted 11 years ago by Raevyn Grovemother Subscriber! | Permalink
  • What you made is SO GORGEOUS! Thank you for the photos.
    Posted 11 years ago by Flowerry Pott Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wowowowowoowowoowwowowowowwwww!
    The frame is phenomenal! I love this sort of wood work (non-dong euphemismically).
    Thanks for sharing! It's a beaut.

Regarding source files:
    Sorry, we are still thinking through the best ways to release glitch assets, so I'm not sure exactly how or when that'll be. But keep your eyes open because releasing a lot of our source work could happen soon. Maybe "soon", but hopefully soon or at least sooner than "soon".
    Posted 11 years ago by Kukubee Subscriber! | Permalink
  • That's terrific! I've been thinking about the same thing - I want to put Giant icons on my desk to watch over me and inspire creativity, and just to fondly reminisce.

REALLY great job on making it come to life! I especially love the mossy texture in the bottom part of the picture.
    Posted 11 years ago by Caiyot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Kukubee

If only an archivist had initiated conversations with you!*

cough

*"You" as in Tiny Speck at large. I am not holding Kukubee personally responsible. But I could if he wants me to.

---------------------------

@OP 
    That Icon IS gorgeous! Can't wait to see the rest :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Sheepy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Holy Humbaba, that is SUPER COOL.

But yeah, I would love to be able to have a set of icons to put around my apartment. Not only are they very cool pieces of art, but they would give a touch of Ur to my everyday life, which would be priceless.
    Posted 11 years ago by Liathea Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @ Sheepy
    I am a librarian, though not in the US or Canada, does that count? :)

@Elendraug
    Great work!
    Posted 11 years ago by Mal'akh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • omfggg Elendraug
    Posted 11 years ago by Palindrome Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ahhhh THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH <3 please follow Glitch Cosplay if you're not doing so already! I'm going to try to keep the spirit of the game alive; my partner is going to help me make a cookbook, I'm going to try to make Spriggan robes, and I'll try my hand at the other 10 Giants.

@Kukubee: WHAT AN HONOR <3333 thank you, seriously. I love the art in this game so much, particularly for the Giants, but all of it is gorgeous. There are some Glitchy days when I just wander around staring at the details in the backgrounds. And I'll keep an eye out (or 11!)