Topic

Staff Topic

The Glitch Soundtrack: The official project to collect, catalog, remix and and remaster the music from the online game Glitch.

For all of you that have been asking for music from Glitch, I've started an Indiegogo campaign to make it happen!  

I'm very excited at the prospect of putting this together for us to remember Glitch by.  It's a big project though, so if you want to find out more and support it, check out the campaign!

Posted 11 years ago by Danny Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Oh yes.. my request is I need the music from Winter Wingdings.  It speaks to me.

Oh, I found it.  First song on the music page.  Teehee!
    www.glitch.com/downloads/
    Posted 11 years ago by RoboYeti Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Will this project include the final song (also included in the GNG musicblock)? That song was simply wonderful, and I want it!
    Posted 11 years ago by Burgundian Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Also Theremina Lutes song from Launch, Please Let Me Go Back To Groddle. Her contact info is in her Announcement thread: Glitch Lullabye. *pulease?*
    Posted 11 years ago by Dagnabbit Rabbit Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Some players have asked me if GNG is going to be in this collection. This is Danny's project and he knows best what will fit into it. Also, the original GNG recording wasn't at high audio quality, as some of you might realize. It was originally intended just for sharing with the beta testing group. I made my portion with a simple laptop mic.  

But! I'm sure you already know where to download it if you want to have a copy for safekeeping, right?  (Just search the forums!) I think TS is OK with downloads for personal use only. If that's wrong or has changed, I hope they will let us know.

It's absolutely great that Danny, Kukubee, and beatfreq are making this beautiful collection of Glitch music available to us.  I can't wait to hear it!  :) 

Enjoy these little bits of Ur! It will always be alive in each of our hearts. :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Lelu Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Danny, slightly off topic, but I thought you'd like to know that yesterday, I went into the room where my little boy was playing. He was singing to himself, and after a while, I realised it was the Groddle theme. It made me all teary. He's only 3 so he probably doesn't know what it is - it's just a tune he's heard, which he really, really likes. I really really like your music too. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Schiehallion23 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Just contributed. Alas... I cannot afford to get the crab musicblock.
    Posted 11 years ago by Mal'akh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you for doing this!
    Real-Life Crab Musicblock - I have been dreaming about you my entire life!
    I am adding my name to those wanting the GNG song.

Danny - The Groddle theme song has become one of those tunes that pops into my head whenever I'm concentrating on my work or just relaxing. I will probably keep whistling it randomly every now and then for the rest of my life. Thank you :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Codex Subscriber! | Permalink
  • i hvae a question about the physical music box- how big is it?

thanks!
    Posted 11 years ago by greenkozi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Danny says above:

just off the top of my head (need to confirm with mauk) is about 6"x6"x1.5". We will have a real version to display very soon!
    Posted 11 years ago by Kookaburra Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wow, that's bigger than I thought, I was thinking half the size! Yay!
    Posted 11 years ago by DOOMy Nutpuncher Subscriber! | Permalink
  • *throws monies at you!* Not a lot of monies, but still monies!
    Posted 11 years ago by EileenAlphabet Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I was so afraid I wouldn't get to throw my money in time but I just did. I don't have much money to spare but I just couldn't pass up a glitch crab music box, I just couldn't...
    Posted 11 years ago by Hollyhawk Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Exciting news!  We are planning to include Lelu's Goodnight Groddle!!!
    Posted 11 years ago by Danny Subscriber! | Permalink
  • YAY!!!!!! Thanks Danny :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Kookaburra Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Woo-hoo!
    Posted 11 years ago by Abbey Rhode Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Awesome! I just backed this!
    Also posted on twitter about it :)
    Posted 11 years ago by xombiekitty Subscriber! | Permalink
  • That's awesome, Danny! I am absolutely thrilled to hear this, and: WTG Lelu!! =D
    Posted 11 years ago by ~Scilly~ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • TY Danny! I signed up for a Crab music block too. TY Lelu for allowing GNG to be in the music.

One question: the music for the MB will be on a paper strip. How sturdy is that strip? What happens if it tears?
    Posted 11 years ago by Marla Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Marla, I have been wondering that as well about the paper!
    Posted 11 years ago by aliquot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Go Lelu!
    Posted 11 years ago by Mal'akh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I just had an idea and I don't know if it's really lame or not--ignore if it is. I was thinking it would be really lovely if the order of the music on Danny's CD corresponded to the ordering of the art in Kukubee's book. Now, this may turn out to not be feasible, but if it is, wouldn't it be so wonderful if we could page though the book while listening to the music and have there be a synchronicity between the two? (Full disclosure: I'm old enough to remember Dark Side of the Rainbow ;>)). I'm cross posting this on the Kukubee book thread. It would be good to see the react (My ego I hope will withstand the crushing blow if it turns out everyone thinks this is lame).
    Posted 11 years ago by Axa Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I just wondered if there was music already ready for (or almost ready for) Abbasid? If so, would you consider including it, or a snippet of it?
    Posted 11 years ago by Scarlett Bearsdale Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Axa, I hope so too, this is what I hoped. I haven't yet ordered my CD but I've just asked for it for Christmas :D
    Posted 11 years ago by Aemulus Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yay! Just ordered mine.
    Posted 11 years ago by plou Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The Glitch Soundtrack is featured in the Top 12 Music Campaigns of 2012 article on Indiegogo! http://blog.indiegogo.com/2012/12/top-12-music-campaigns-of-2012.html
    Posted 11 years ago by TomC Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh my gosh, I love the girls under the Glitch blurb!

Also their page is really funny and awesome.
    Posted 11 years ago by Biohazard Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Dear gosh I want
    Posted 11 years ago by Kitaru Herat Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I know the hour is growing neiigh, but is there any sheet music or tabs for the music, especially the banjo parts, those are difficult to get my little glitchy head around.
    Posted 11 years ago by ~Fnordo~ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • There were worlds of beauty and things that might of been, and things that were.
    Anything that can be imagianed can be thought back to life again.
    Posted 11 years ago by ~Fnordo~ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This is indeed a most lovely wonderful thing! The Glitch art and music were such an integral part of it's beauty and happiness - I thank you from the bottom of my heart for such a wonderful endeavor that will last us forever! I am also looking very forward to Kukubee's release of his Glitch art book as well! You guys ROCK! (And are helping to fill that empty sad space that Glitch left behind). Thank you, thank you, and again - THANK YOU.
    Posted 11 years ago by Hab Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I really want the musicblock/box but I've spent a fair bit of money lately. So I'm guessing no late Glitchmas present for mwee. :(
    Posted 11 years ago by Kristabel Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hi Danny, I just ordered a music package today (with a crab print, woot!)! Thank you :D 
    Posted 11 years ago by Sadie the Goat Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Just curious: any idea how much postage will be? Ta. =]
    Posted 11 years ago by ~Scilly~ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yay!  Not too late!  Got it...and now for the art book : )
    Posted 11 years ago by Dewa Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ordered! Really excited, and happy to hear GNG will be on there!
    Posted 11 years ago by Jackie Jones Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The hardest part is trying to decide if I want a real music block in my life or not. Well, I know I want one, but do I need it? Okay, some part of me needs it, but can I justify the amount of money I'm spending on this dying piece of my life? .... T_T
    Posted 11 years ago by Moonie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Friendly reminder: you only have 4 days left to get in on this one! 
    Posted 11 years ago by Little Poundcake Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Just ordered mine last night... can't wait to have the CD in my hot little glitchen hands! :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Tabbykittie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Is there a picture of the music block as of yet? A few weeks ago there was talk about showing us an sample. There are only a few days left, but I am still unsure about which level perk to purchase.
    Posted 11 years ago by Soymokey Subscriber! | Permalink
  • If haven't ordered yours yet and you want in, you'll have to be quick: only 62 hours left on the campaign, and then: no more, impossible to order... Hurry up, please, it's time!
    Posted 11 years ago by Silvery Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Past 50,000 dollar, yay! BUT only 47 hours left for those slow people who would really like to have the music. Hurry up, please, it's time!
  • I was happy to be the one to push the campaign over the $50k mark. So excited to have this in my hands someday soon. Thank you for everything, Danny!
    Posted 11 years ago by Moonie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Only 19 hours left to go, yes, NINETEEN! Less than a day!
    Hurry up, please, it's time!
  • Question:

I did the option to get the real life musicblock, but I don't recall giving any sort of information that would point Danny or anyone to my glitch profile to be able to get my sprite map.  How do I make sure the correct account is linked?

<3  RoboYeti
    Posted 11 years ago by RoboYeti Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I purchased the same option, and I was not prompted to enter any other info other than my credit card info and address. I am a little nervous myself.
  • So, should I get the Crab music bloc??
    I really want it. :)
    It costs money :(
    discuss
    Posted 11 years ago by harriette Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @harriette, I was having the same thoughts. It is a good amount of money, but I really wanted something special by which to remember my time in Ur. I am concerned about the paper strip being damaged, but having a little crab box with my little Glitch perched in my home forever is too hard to pass up. With the hours ticking down, I could not pass up the chance. I knew if I did not do it, I would have regretted the decision. DO IT!!!! :)
  • harriette:
    Do you have the money to buy it and not end up starving to death?
    If no, don't buy it.
    If yes, maybe buy it. Or maybe buy something else smaller if it's making you feel ucky to think of spending that much money on one thing.

You can always make, or have custom made, a non-music-playing music block in the future (when, generally one presumes they will have more money, unless they are nearing retirement in which case they would likely have less money).
    Or, a music-block shaped ipod holder upon which you can load the soundtrack and then it will play all the songs. You could hide the ipod in the back in a little hole.
    Just save many pictures if you want to try that way.
    Posted 11 years ago by Biohazard Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wellll, thank you for the discussions -    I love to spend teh monies so I am in!!!!
    Posted 11 years ago by harriette Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I just signed up for this! But I do have the same question as RoboYeti and Soymokey re: our Glitch avatars. I assume there will have to be some follow-up communications in store?
    Posted 11 years ago by MaryLiLamb Subscriber! | Permalink