Topic

Can we please have the machine sounds get quieter as we walk away from them.

I am on my third floor, and I can hear the metal and wood machines just like I am standing next to them.

PLEASE can we fix it so that you move away from it, it gets quieter...just like in real life.  Yes this is very minor and not important, but its one of those little details that can make glitch seem a little more realistic.

Its especially silly when I start a machine and walk into the back yard, it should be peaceful and not really loud!

Posted 12 years ago by ☣ elf ☣ Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• yup
    Posted 12 years ago by Lemo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • oooh good idea. 
    Posted 12 years ago by Thursday Soleil Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 yes please!
    Posted 12 years ago by Arietty Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 for distance based audio occlusion.
    Posted 12 years ago by Kerlick Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Better still: give us an option to turn that awfull machine sound OFF
    Please.
    l realy detest that sound and avoid using the machines for that reason.
    Posted 12 years ago by Lucysixty6 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Play a music box.  That tends to override the machine sound even after the music stops playing.
    Posted 12 years ago by WallyMcBeal Subscriber! | Permalink
  • While there are ways to override the machine sounds -- music blocks, meditation, etc. -- it would really be fantastic to have the option to turn them off altogether. I'd shell out major iMG for an upgrade card that lets us do this.
    Posted 12 years ago by Sirentist Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Id like it, I sometimes use a lot of machines and it gets really noisy at my place

plus, while its more work for the devs (sorry folks!) its minor compared to adding shiny ponies for everyone to hug or other....stuff.
    Posted 12 years ago by ☣ elf ☣ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • While it's not exactly a solution, what I usually do is to make a point of starting up the machines right before i leave the house for someplace else, or before I leave the world.  
    Posted 12 years ago by WalruZ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • We've always talked about doing this for other items as well.  Someday!  In the meantime, I'll see if there's something we can do about the machine sound.  Maybe using escape or something...
    Posted 12 years ago by Danny Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 Danny =)
    Posted 12 years ago by ~Scilly~ Subscriber! | Permalink