Topic

Big red performance tips make me sad

Can they be highlighted in a different color please?  Maybe red for the first time you see it but after that do we need something huge and red over and over?  Red seems like something's horribly the matter.  Performance issues are a big deal but the red is extremely jarring and I think because nothing else is really highlighted like that any highlight color would be pretty effective.

edit: I saw a staff reply saying there'd probably be an option in the future to toggle them off. That's awesome and would be super helpful, yay! :) but I think it'd be neat to change the color too.  I can see the warnings being helpful, even after you've read them the first time.  For me, I often play for hours at a time and even though I know I should refresh I do it way too infrequently and the warning would be a good nudge to do it.

Posted 12 years ago by diaveborn ♥ Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Please, please, please.. make it toggle!

My PC can run a million Glitch games if I had the accounts for it... I don't need to see any tips about performance issues...

- Rutger
    Posted 12 years ago by Rutger Subscriber! | Permalink
  •  i do think the warning is justified as many, many, ppl forget to refresh, and end up severely laggy. That being said, red to that extent is VERY jarring, and it makes me think something is very seriously wrong. So maybe some other color that jumps out, yellow, green, orange, just not red.
    Posted 12 years ago by Lyrical DejaVu Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yeah, it feels a little annoying when it comes up and the game is running completely fine without any lag. Perhaps an option to say, please don't tell me again, or something.
    Posted 12 years ago by Montooli Subscriber! | Permalink
  • my game was running absolutely fine - got the big red message, reloaded and was very laggy AFTER reloading...
    Posted 12 years ago by Arietty Subscriber! | Permalink
  • May I suggest... purple :D
    Posted 12 years ago by Thursday Soleil Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I agree - really not liking the red. Makes me think I should be sitting here wearing a helmet when I play :(
    Posted 12 years ago by Festeus Subscriber! | Permalink
  • yeah I agree with op and hope the toggle situ comes in soon.  Find it really off putting for some reason - it kinda screams at me when it appears on the main pc.
    Posted 12 years ago by ~Arabesque~ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Having a laptop where the cpu has peaked at 100% due to playing this game with the Chrome browser (linux) I really appreciate the big red warning. It reminds me to check my system performance and reboot the browser before my laptop decided to shut down (which used to happen a lot before I noticed the cause).
    Posted 12 years ago by Lone Derpstar Subscriber! | Permalink