Topic

Clarify butler's "leaving street" announcement for towers

Right now my butler says "[player name] has left your street" when a visitor enters my tower. The player really hasn't left my street in the sense that my tower is still part of my street. It's really annoying if it's a friend and I want to come out of the house to give RK or say hello and I think I've missed the visit when they're just in the tower.

It would be a lot nicer if the butler announced "[player name] has entered your tower" and reserved "[player name] has left your street" for when the visitor is gone from your street AND tower.

Posted 12 years ago by Lucille Ball Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• +yes
    Posted 12 years ago by The Cat Face Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 Yes!
    Posted 12 years ago by Lily Linguistic Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yeah, they also do this when a player enters my house.  It takes me a few seconds to figure out whether the player has come inside or wandered off.
    Posted 12 years ago by Pale Queen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1111
    Posted 12 years ago by AwesomeCardinal2000 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +11111111111111111
    Posted 12 years ago by Sir Rachel Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    Posted 12 years ago by Vera Strange Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    Posted 12 years ago by Janitch Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 
    Posted 12 years ago by Kadi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • That's smart. :) 
    Posted 12 years ago by emdot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    Posted 12 years ago by Varaeth Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I support this idea 100%. and would even go a step further: don't tell me when people enter and leave my tower.

If someone is on my street I assume they have a reason, and when they don't anymore they leave. Telling me they are in my tower doesn't really give me any more information than telling me they are standing next my pigs. Maybe it could be a preference with the butler. And frankly, I could do without any of those announcements
    Posted 12 years ago by Wrong Way Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Llewella Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1

I sometimes IRL mutter insults at my in-game butler about this. I do not have an IRL butler, I hasten to add, but if I did and he tried to pull this stuff on me, I'd mutter at him too.
    Posted 12 years ago by Voluptua Sneezelips Subscriber! | Permalink
  • If it's not just utterly impossible I would also like to have the messages time-stamped.  
    Posted 12 years ago by WalruZ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes please! And make all of them options.
    Posted 12 years ago by Fernstream Subscriber! | Permalink
  • "Bob has entered your tower" +1
    "Bob has left your tower"
    "Bob has entered your house"
    "Bob has left your house"
    "Bob has been on your home street for 1+ hour"

"Bob has croaked on your home street"
    "Bob wants this update to happen"
    Posted 12 years ago by L???????? Subscriber! | Permalink
  • A related thing: it's possible to create a TP script for the inside of someone's tower.  I do this sometimes when I'm using the machines in someone's tower, so I can come back directly for my stuff when it's ready.  So if I teleport directly in and out, I may never go into the person's home street.  I'm not sure if the botler records these visits?  (but it would be nice if they did.)

Also: I would be interested in having a "Bob has left your street for Alice's home street" message, the same as if you were out on the street with them.  Because I know if Bob went to Alice's street it's probably because he's following the Herb Route, and it gives me an idea of where my traffic is coming from.
    Posted 12 years ago by Miss Portinari Subscriber! | Permalink