Topic

How about the ability to sell TO an SDB?

Title says it all : user sets a buy price on an SDB, sets an amount of currants to spend and then passively lets it fill up as users sell to it.

This would probably have to be done with a separate SDB than one you are selling from.

My vision is this:

Snotrocket McMufflin needs sparkly, but sucks at mining.  Snotrocket has currants though.  So he sets out a new SDB in his tower, sticks a piece of sparkly in it to let it know thats what he wants, sets a BUY price and then allocates some cash from his pocket.  The max cash allocated can fill up the SDB all the way if he so chooses.

Princess Harfs-a-lot then comes along and sells her hard won sparkly and takes all of Snotrocket McMufflin's cash and runs off to wisely spend them on cubimal boxes.

Teh end.

Posted 12 years ago by ? elf ? Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Ooooh. Awesome idea!

But what if Princess Harfs-a-lot sold one piece of sparkly for all of the currants? Need a unit price. Or maybe you said that and I'm not very attentive.
    Posted 12 years ago by SeerQueen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes please!  Especially if there was the ability for sites like glitchremote to index the buying-sdbs so we could see who is offering the best prices.
    Posted 12 years ago by Miss Portinari Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1!
    Posted 12 years ago by Sir Rachel Subscriber! | Permalink
  • "  sticks a piece of sparkly in it to let it know thats what he wants, sets a BUY price and then allocates some cash from his pocket"

yes i covered the price
    Posted 12 years ago by ? elf ? Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1!
    And with that idea, we should able to set a quantity for how much we're looking for.
    Snotrocket McMuffin needs Sparkly Rock, but he only wants 500. So he sets the quantity to 500, and then puts his money in.
    Princess Harfs-a-lot comes and sees that Snotrocket McMuffin wants to buy Sparkly rock. She has 675 sparkly rock, but Snotrocket McMuffin is only asking for 500, so she can only sell 500 sparkly rock to the SDB.
    Posted 12 years ago by AwesomeCardinal2000 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Awesome and yes please. I have always wanted something like this. 
    Posted 12 years ago by natsumi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • well, cardinal, the limit would be built-in, since Snotrocket McMuffin could just only put enough cash in to buy 500 at his buy price. So when Princess Harfs-a-lot sells to him, she'll get a message like "Snotrocket only has enough money for 500 of those!".

Also, I think this is a very cool idea.
    Posted 12 years ago by Faranae Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I just like all these references to someone named "Snotrocket."
    But the idea's great as well.

So: +1
    Posted 12 years ago by CrashTestPilot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 oh yes another step towards a vendor free market!
    Posted 12 years ago by purple goldfish Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I've been stumping for this for quite some time. One thing I really like is the idea of setting up marketplaces (such as Windborn's farmers market) where the SDBs are stocked by the group, not just the owner.
    Posted 12 years ago by Sturminator 5 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Here's where I chime in yet again with my proposal for a Home Street Spirit. The home street spirit can buy AND sell, just like a vendor in Ur. A person can create "bundles" of goods to sell and set prices and set limits on amounts (per game day per buyer, for example). The HSS would also offer to buy items in quantities and at prices set by the street's resident.
    Posted 12 years ago by Pascale Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Great idea!
    Posted 12 years ago by Fernstream Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I thought about this last night 

+1
    Posted 12 years ago by L???????? Subscriber! | Permalink