Topic

Turn unpetted pigs blue

As many glitches know it can be very difficult and annoying petting 20 or more pigs when they're in a group. The main problem is distinguishing betwixt petted and unpetted piggies. However this would be no problem at all if an unhappy piggy was easily distinguished from his happy fellows by a subtle shading of blue (for example) or possibly even a scarf or hat or something.

Posted 12 years ago by Mount Aspen Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• racing stripes
    Posted 12 years ago by ☣ elf ☣ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Purple
    Posted 12 years ago by Tibbi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Maybe this could be an option, cause I like my piggies pink, but I see how it could be useful.
    Posted 12 years ago by SeerQueen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Maybe a better alternative would be to turn petted pigs slightly reddish, for distinguishing simply between unpetted and petted.

Though a bluish tone might be nice for when the pigs need food.
    Posted 12 years ago by Salyavin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I never pet my piggies. Please don't turn them blue

If you want (or still need) to pet piggies (or nibble them) then I tight group is easiest, because if you highlight the whole cube of piggies then they are always in the same order
    Posted 12 years ago by IrenicRhonda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • That's why piggies have names. When you hover over them it says "A piggie named X" so start at A or 1 or whatever. Rename after feeding if they're on a street. If they belong to someone then just remember or write down the name. Blue piggies should only be found in Wintry Place because it is cold there.
    Posted 12 years ago by Holly Waterfall Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It doesn't have to be blue as long as unpetted pigs look different to their happy brethren. I only chose blue because unpetted = sad = blue. I agree it should be an option only so that glitches don't have something foisted upon them which they hate. Naming piggies A-Z or 1-20 might be a solution, as may be petting them in a tight group so they stay in order, but it's not overly intuitive.
  • -1 to be honest, everytime TS changes something to make it less 'difficult' I tend to find Glitch more boring...
    Posted 12 years ago by WeavingTheWeb Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Weaving, I agree you have a valid concern, however I think this idea will lead players to interact with animals more, not less.

I posted a similar idea, but it was just for harvesting, not petting since I don't pet much, but now seeing it I like this idea also. Perhaps a separate palette shift for un-petted and un-harvested.

But certainly have it as an option to turn it on!!!

[There were palette shifted (blue) animals in one of the UI test runs a few months ago, so TS already has the graphics tech to do this]
    Posted 12 years ago by Sturminator 5 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • How about moving fully Petted/nibbled piggies to the back of the selection menu when you select multiple items?
    Posted 12 years ago by AwesomeCardinal2000 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • If you highlight the mouse cursor on the piggies you will see pet/nibble icons above the piggy, it's much much easier to tell which piggy has been taken care of then.

but despite that, more animations is fine too... sad animals will likely be clicked on over the happy carefree animals.
    Posted 12 years ago by LųĉĩđεşşΨ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • LųĉĩđεşşΨ, while it's true the petting/nibbling icons above the piggies can be helpful, in larger groups the piggies in front tend to get in the way of the piggies in the back, and no icons show up at all when selecting multiple piggies. However, always putting unpetted/unnibbled piggies in front when multiple piggies are selected, as AwesomeCardinal2000 suggested, would be a good solution.
  • or, on top of those options, when selecting the piggy or animal from the menu, the number beside their name enclosed in parentheses is indicative of how many available options are left for that creature.

i.e
    Pig A (4)
    pet
    Feed
    rename
    capture

Pig B (3)
    Rename
    Capture
    Feed
    Posted 12 years ago by Greenfart Subscriber! | Permalink