Topic

CLARIFICATION: TP to specific tower floors (eg: /tower4) from *outside* the tower

I have no idea what the degree of difficulty for implementing something like this is, but I'd love to be able to type in /tower-n, where n is the floor number.

That is all.

ETA: Apologies for not making it clearer, but the feature I was suggesting would be TPing directly to a particular floor from anywhere outside the tower.

Posted 12 years ago by Wrong Way Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• +1
    Posted 12 years ago by Holly Waterfall Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh hell yes.
    +1
    Posted 12 years ago by CrashTestPilot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    Posted 12 years ago by Kadi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +4
    Posted 12 years ago by AwesomeCardinal2000 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • -1 I think this is quite unnecessary, when you go to a tower and use the elevator you get to the floor ASAP, its not like you have to wait for the elevator to get there.
    Posted 12 years ago by Lyrical DejaVu Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I disagree with Lyrical, because what if you have lag with your computer? It would just be so much easier, I think it is a fabulous idea +1
    Posted 12 years ago by Miss Kitcat Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Meh. I sell a few SDBs occasionally and I do have to go to the right floor to pick money bags up but otherwise I zoom out and do everything else from the lobby. I can reach all the floors of my fully heightened tower. Re-arranging furniture, adding or removing SDBs, filling and emptying SDBs, collecting the currents, putting things in and out of the cabinets, can all be done from the lobby

So I'm not against this idea, but they are so many things I would prefer the devs worked on first
    Posted 12 years ago by IrenicRhonda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    Posted 12 years ago by drakodood Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes i find it unnecessary....mind you when it comes to lag that is an issue. For me usually once a tower loads, which takes a minute or two, ive never had a problem changing floors. Mind you it does load in the lobby, each time. Houses load slow too, but same thing once it loads its fine its just not an instantaneous thing.  Lag seems to be the worse the more crowded(Furniture, Items or Glitchen) an area is or if you haven't refreshed in awhile, it varies of course. That being said it makes more sense to me to concentrate on getting lag better period....than shortcuts for specific tower floors, or spots on ones street, or house floor, etc. Those kinds of things should be low on the priority list.
    Posted 12 years ago by Lyrical DejaVu Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This would open up a lot of /command abilities, which is a double-edged. 
    Now, if you could access any floor from OUTSIDE the tower then that'd be just as good, or let the player set a default floor access, or HELL, giving the chance to expand at LOWER floors

There's a lot that can be done to towers but this is minimal and pointless.
    Posted 12 years ago by ParrotParrot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • great idea!
    Posted 12 years ago by Arietty Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 great idea!
    Posted 12 years ago by Ananda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ParrotParrot: Now, if you could access any floor from OUTSIDE the tower then that'd be just as good

Yes, that's actually what I meant, thanks for bringing it up; I'll clarify my idea. (Although I suppose it would also work from within the tower as well for those who needed that function.)
    Posted 12 years ago by Wrong Way Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 STILL to this idea
    I don't see how it would be that big a deal (but I don't know much about writing code). You already can type /tower to get to the tower from a world street. You can also type /home or /house to get to those places. SO, typing /tower4 to get to the 4th floor of your own tower would just be icing on the cake. I agree that it's very low priority though.
    Posted 12 years ago by Holly Waterfall Subscriber! | Permalink