Topic

Staff Topic

R2: Preview of even more house features

It's that's time again - Release 2 of houses is upon us!

It will take a while to roll out the changes to everyone - you can leave your house and then type "/home" to be immediately migrated

To see the new features, reload your game client and visit your house (by typing "/home" in chat). The first thing you'll see is that there are no trees or rocks outside your house any more. But worry not - you can add some yourself with "cultivation". Click on the small sign next to your house to get a menu of options. Once you've mastered cultivation, you can try expanding your street and then changing your house exterior. You can also change the style of your home street. Sick of Groddle? Move to Uralia, Firebog or even THE MOON.

That's awesome, right? Wrong! There's more awesome stuff inside. Head to your backyard to switch styles, cultivate the land or expand your yard. Want to make your house interior bigger? Ok! When in decoration mode, click the buttons in the top bar to extend your house or add new floors.

There are a lot of moving parts in this release - we want to hear about bugs, what you like, what you don't like, areas we should expand on or improve and what you think we need to add. Go forth and test!

___
Questions? Please be sure to read this notes:

Note 1: All upgrades and expansions are free at the moment. This is only a test. There will be a housing reset before it is fully launched.

Note 2: If you missed preview release 1, read about it first!

Note 3: You can't move or delete gardens, rocks, etc., after placing them in cultivation mode. But, you will be able to do in the future.

Note 4: Are you missing some items? No, you are not. They are still there. In some cases, if things were placed near the edge of your yard or home street, you might have to expand a few times to reveal them.

Note 5: We are still testing and this is not the final release. There is more to come.

Note 6: Expansions to your land (yard or home street) happen one at a time. This may seem annoying/cumbersome/slow, but: you are testing as a higher level player when it is all free. If you were earning your way to a larger space over time, it would not seem thus because you wouldn't be doing them all at once.

Note 7: Can't find the upgrade (home-shaped) sign in by the back and front doors of your house. You probably have stuff on top of it. Pick that stuff up :)

Posted 12 years ago by Bees! Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

1 2 3 4 5 ... 15 16
  • Shallawalla: no, you've been migrated. expansion is a known issue
  • Why now? It's my bed time! I'll have to sneak on at work tomorrow. Exciting!
    Posted 12 years ago by jiva Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Whoa, doors! And multiple floors! And stuff!

-kermitflail-
    Posted 12 years ago by Liathea Subscriber! | Permalink
  • In that case, I have another bug.  I still have my rock, patch and tree and I cannot cultivate. I just reloaded for the eleventy billionth time.
    Posted 12 years ago by Shallawalla Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm kind of glad that I have to wait a couple hours before I can log in, because I'd rather have it all totally migrated and in place than have to go through what I see right now... :)
    Posted 12 years ago by dm Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I cannot figure out how to make it work. :(

I have "cultivate" but none of the other stuff and the options are greyed out.

Also I still have all my old stuff on my street.

It is so hard to be patient.  It's like waiting for your parents to wake up on Christmas morning.
    Posted 12 years ago by Miss Bobbit Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm thrilled with the new stuff....but i must ask...when will it reset and be official?
    Posted 12 years ago by Pickle Bob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I think I'll wait a bit to go back into the game til all the changes shake out... but in the meantime... Whoo-Hoo!!!!!!
    Posted 12 years ago by Tibbi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm so anxious to be migrated completely! I wanna see the new stuff! *be patient, be patient*
    Posted 12 years ago by Lila Clemenceau Subscriber! | Permalink
  • OMG, my work productivity has just taken a severe downward spiral.
    Posted 12 years ago by Liathea Subscriber! | Permalink
  • OMG! Stuck at work! Unacceptable! 2 hours 35 minutes until I can get in the car and haul ass for home......
    Posted 12 years ago by JillyBean Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Shallawalla: my mistake, you've not been migrated. bear with us
  • Question: when we get migrated, do we have to refresh right after to be able to see it? I'm refreshing every few minutes or so, just wondering; if not I'll go do something more productive while waiting haha :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Omnika Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I love you!
    Posted 12 years ago by Nurdstar Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yeah, interior stuff worked for me - added floor and expanded. Exterior is all greyed still.
    Posted 12 years ago by Joe Blow Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ok, thank you Bees!
    Posted 12 years ago by Shallawalla Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ummm love the expand.. but i would love to shrink back even more!!!!
    Posted 12 years ago by RainyRain Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I suddenly regret making my attic a dumping ground
    Posted 12 years ago by MarbhDamhsa Subscriber! | Permalink
  • updated the topic - just leave and re-eneter your home (with "/home") to be immediately migrated
  • I was able to expand my house which is very cool. I've turned in a bug report about my missing guano though.  LOL  I need my poo!!! 
    Posted 12 years ago by Sunny Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I type /home in chat and nothing happens :/

EDIT: after the 11th time it worked!
    Posted 12 years ago by Codex Subscriber! | Permalink
  • If we can't enter our house using /home, does that mean we haven't been migrated yet ? I entered the game, and started directly in my test house, i tried to cultivate , but it kept telling me i need more yard / space , but there was no way on adding it.

I left the house ( back to world ) then tried to get back into my hues, but when i type /home nothing happens
    Posted 12 years ago by MonkeyPantz Subscriber! | Permalink
  • won't let me go back home
    Posted 12 years ago by bored no more Subscriber! | Permalink
  • We need an undo button too... for swatches, expansions, etc
    Posted 12 years ago by RainyRain Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Naaiiiiiled it!
    Posted 12 years ago by Jerry Garcia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • won't let me back into home either.
    Posted 12 years ago by Mowglii Subscriber! | Permalink
  • If /home failed for you, try again now (that was myles' fault)
  • Do I have to use my own planks to build another floor? I thought everything was free for now.
    Posted 12 years ago by Pascale Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Can we please have an undo button for decorating, especially with the wall swatches? Also an un-expander please. Sometimes bigger is just too big. :(
    Posted 12 years ago by Piece of Serenity Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Not sure where to put bugs: when on 2nd floor, if I try to place furniture too forward on floor it falls to the 1st floor.
    Posted 12 years ago by snarkle Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Got it. LOL right after I saw Bees
    Posted 12 years ago by Mowglii Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Help!  I have no idea what any of these house posts are talking about.  I bought a house in Salatu before any of this started and I have no idea how to change over...I'm lost.
    Posted 12 years ago by Bubbles Pumalynx Subscriber! | Permalink
  • now Im getting bad jujus. fml.
    Posted 12 years ago by bored no more Subscriber! | Permalink
  • okay home works now :) thanks
  • Bubbles Pumalynx: I updated the topic with a link to the R1 testing thread
  • Loving the changes so far but already feel i need a window ;o) 
    Posted 12 years ago by Tilly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I have a reason to get out of bed!!!! Glitch overload!!!
    Posted 12 years ago by Maxy Cat Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Could you please add to the free street styles one that resembles Alakol's glorious seashore views? I will miss my home terribly. I chose it because of the view and the lovely sounds of the ocean. Thank you in advance :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Codex Subscriber! | Permalink
  • All I can say is <3 <3 <3
    Posted 12 years ago by Omnika Subscriber! | Permalink
  • snarkle: thanks for letting us know
    Pascale: you need to use your own planks (though the costs are massively reduced). we need to test the job process
  • Codex: we'll be adding more styles before/at launch
  • Wow, totally blown away and I'm just on fixing the front of my house. LIKE WOW! WOW! WOW!  :D
    Posted 12 years ago by Eye Wonder Subscriber! | Permalink
  • If we extend the land  in our front yard , is the land in the backyard suppose to be extended as well?
  • ok I'm still changing the front of my house and all I can say is omg!  not only can I change the style but the coloring too!  Thank you!
    Posted 12 years ago by ^Emerald^ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • wow in only 43 minutes this forum has 2 pages of replies
    Posted 12 years ago by Taco Assassin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hi! I can'tt cultivate yet! Is this just any other bug? I reloaded, I entered and came out; but nothing is working.
    Posted 12 years ago by I Love You TS Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I don't like how long it takes to expand my street, bit by bit. Will there be a way where you can expand in multi parts or will it always be 1 by 1?
    Posted 12 years ago by Bexatious Subscriber! | Permalink
  • While I like the whimsical styles, I really hope that the mid-century modern styles will also be available in the full roll out!
    Posted 12 years ago by Nuveena Subscriber! | Permalink
  • What is this 'lifetime' of objects? Will things have to be re-imagined from time to time?
    Posted 12 years ago by MarbhDamhsa Subscriber! | Permalink
  • OMG -- no sleep tonight!!
    Posted 12 years ago by Rowan Croft Subscriber! | Permalink
1 2 3 4 5 ... 15 16