Topic

Staff Topic

[Testing is CLOSED, thank you!] Cosma wants YOU to help test stuff (and earn rewards)

UPDATE: Thanks for testing! We've gotten all the data we need for now and the test is officially closed!

---

Glitches of Ur:

Cosma is evaluating new features in the game engine and would like your help in testing them. And naturally, you will be rewarded.

Please DO NOT use your computer AT ALL while the tests are running!
Please DO NOT report bugs for weird things you see while testing. (They're just the way Cosma wants them.)

If you're ready to enlist, head here: www.glitch.com/perf/

If you're not yet sold on the idea... It won't take *any* effort to participate (you don't even have to be at your computer), but it will take 5-15 minutes for most people. You will be rewarded for testing up to three times. And if you have multiple computers or web browsers, Cosma would be grateful if you run a test on each.

Now that you're ready to enlist, head to www.glitch.com/perf/

---
If you encounter any problems during the test, try again.
If you still have trouble, you should stop testing, and Cosma thanks you for trying.

Posted 12 years ago by Jono Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

1 2 3 4 5 Next
  • @Magic Monkey: Did you accidentally click anything? I got a similar error on my first run when I *accidentally* clicked something during the test... ran the test again and made sure I didn't touch the computer, and it worked perfectly.
    Posted 12 years ago by Varaeth Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Nope, Varaeth, I get it when I've got every other program closed and am in a completely different room from my computer. =)  It happens when a new test is loading, and looks like it's an error in rendering some detailed point (depending on what, exactly, StageBeacon is -- perhaps your point on the minimap?).
    Posted 12 years ago by Magic Monkey Subscriber! | Permalink
  • did ayone else see a blueish-green piggie in animal farm!??! did i just dream that?
    Posted 12 years ago by awdrone Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Safari browser from apple No good for this test. so went to Firefox very good and Chrome excellent.
    Posted 12 years ago by Jellybelly Baby Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Tested twice on desktop (once in Chrome, once in FF), and the last time on my laptop (Chrome). :D
    Posted 12 years ago by Abby Cadabra Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Tested in Chrome, IE, FF and Opera on Win 7 - Chrome best, IE slow to load but good in-game, FF same, but Opera absolutely shocking...
    Posted 12 years ago by bergamot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hee Hee! I loved all the weird Cosma-desired stuff :)

Blue dullite, blue sparkly, blue chickens and blue batterflies. Green crabs and brown spice trees with green trunks. Outdoor batterflies, miniature jellies and a tree sprite vendor in Soulful. Floating patches and rocks. No fake friends in Soulless.

So many crabs! I'm doubtful I could have made any of them happy.  So much guano... So hard to resist trying to pick it all up.
    Posted 12 years ago by foolbunny Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Also, just noticed that my energy and mood drained while testing. My energy dropped by about 400 and my mood was in grumpy, yellowish face  :(   I tested four times.
    Posted 12 years ago by foolbunny Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Testing successful on three browsers -- FF, Chrome and IE.  Yesterday The Connect was a blank white page.  Today a delivery frog shared it with me! :)  No loss of mood or energy for me.
    Posted 12 years ago by Marla Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Done!  Thanks for the currants.  :)

Also I LOVE the new lava place..!  I really really REALLY REALLY hope this means we're getting a volcanic region at some point.  :3

:: lovey eyes :: This game is rad. <3
    Posted 12 years ago by ♪♥~ Auren ~♥♪ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Tested 3x on my new-ish laptop, Windows 7 running FF.  No errors that I could see, ran perfectly.
    Posted 12 years ago by Kitty Howard Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Veddddy nice!  Soulless was so good for my complexion, but I kept wanting to follow people to the non-existant impossibility.  It sounds so restful.   I was a real superstar in Animal Farm, everyone wanted to hear my music!  And oooh, "project available"?  Thats exciting.  ^,^

(Vista with Chrome)
    Posted 12 years ago by Phoebe Springback Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It's nice to have extra computers.
    Posted 12 years ago by Jerry Garcia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I ran a couple of tests in my imagination.  They all passed.
    Posted 12 years ago by Jerry Garcia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The numbers, Mason!
    Posted 12 years ago by Volkov Subscriber! | Permalink
  • That test just did not like Chrome for me. It crashed all 4 times I tried it and I followed the instructions not to touch anything. Got a weird message on the last crash that disappeared too quickly for me to read what it said (something about falling? failing?). It was fine up until it started the second test... then it would always fail on the Animal Farm screen.

Worked great in Firefox.

Worked well in IE.
    Posted 12 years ago by Solana Subscriber! | Permalink
  • i did this 4 times, and requested a friend did it, shes doing it now :D
    Posted 12 years ago by GiaTori Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you,
    but I did this four times, I thought the max was supposed to be three?

-edit-
    five times.
    Posted 12 years ago by MOLAIN Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I love the little guy, perhaps a new vendor, in the right corner of Soulful.  Like a cross between a broccoli and the FSM :)
    Posted 12 years ago by KhaKhonsu Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I like the flying broccoli tree guy too.

Ran the tests on FF 11 running on Ubuntu Linux 11.10, not problems here (as far as I can tell)

I also want whatever Cosma has been smoking...
    Posted 12 years ago by Zurin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • lol Zurin Also, that "Broccli Tree Guy" kinda reminds me of a spice plant. Either way, my fav part was the Green/Blue Animals and Crabs! Also the 50 stalker Fake Friends
    Posted 12 years ago by Taco Assassin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • also, i did this 4 times, only got 1 reward. Turns out u gotta F5 each different time
    Posted 12 years ago by Taco Assassin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • just did the test on brand new (as of last Sept) laptop running Windows 7. Used Chrome browser and worked beautifully. The only weird thing I noticed was when character was walking left there was the repeated letters FA typed out above my head following me. When I walked right the letters changed to numbers. 

Ran 2nd test using same machine and Firefox browser. Same results but a little faster.
    Posted 12 years ago by Holly Waterfall Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ugh, ended up dying during the third test...surprised during testing that my energy and mood was drained...unfortunately could not get out of hell without cancelling test...once I got out of there, I re-ran...all three times it did well...well, except for that dying part...
    Posted 12 years ago by BCWillie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I've been wanting to test this out, but my Flash is not up to date. I tried upgrading it but the page I get sent to says that since I'm using Chrome it should be updated automatically, but obviously it's not. :( Can anyone help me?
    Posted 12 years ago by Sweet Stuff Ng Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I would like to buy a small cottage in soulless, possibly with a porch and a rocking chair. Other then that it was a pretty cool art project.
    Posted 12 years ago by Revrent Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I didn't see anything in Construct except for the frog and a chicken.

Soulless was awesome, but I had wicked lag in Animal Farm.

(Running Firefox on Windows XP)
    Posted 12 years ago by Marguerite Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'd love to help out with testing, but I'm away from home on a horrible connection. If the option's still there when I get back…
    Posted 12 years ago by Pascale Subscriber! | Permalink
  • would love some blue sparkly and a blue chicken for my house!!...  ;-)
    Posted 12 years ago by KinOfWolf~♥ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Awww there's a finite number of times you can be rewarded for this.  :s

I did it one more time after the limit just for kicks and giggles.  :>

Edit - Just to clarify: I really REALLY want ALL these regions to pop into existence into the game.  Actually I have gone from REALLY WANT to DEMAND!  I DEMAND YOU GIVE ME ALL OF THESE REGIONS!!!!
  • I've tried the test multiple times in Chrome and FireFox on OS X 10.6.8 but it keeps failing. This is frustrating. I want my rewards!
    Posted 12 years ago by aleph1 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I kept losing the connection in Animal Farm, and wondered if it was because I was busy learning really fast.
    Posted 12 years ago by Jo Jo Ruffledspouse Subscriber! | Permalink
  • i just want that new vendor lookin guy to start cruising around hell taking drink orders...
    Posted 12 years ago by IxÆoN Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yesterday, Xp and Chrome on my netbook. Today, Xp and FF.
    Loading identical (takes forever), transit in busy areas (animal farm) maybe a little smoother on FF- to my surprise - because I use Chrome for everything.
    GG Way will be the crunch... normally I consider it off limits because I crash constantly...off to try an afternoon of FF :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Zira Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ohh!  Just re-read the first post and realised you guys want tests with different browsers...!  I'm on it!  :D

:: runs off to send you more data ::
  • Well, just for sh!t$ and giggles, I ran the test on my Droid X phone. . .and it actually started to load Soulless for a few minutes. But then it crashed and deleted all open web pages haha. I long for the day when Glitch is available on my 'droid.
    Posted 12 years ago by Gordon Lughsen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • As far as my computer, it ran perfectly on Windows 7.
    Posted 12 years ago by Gordon Lughsen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • tried it twice in firefox 11 on macbook pro OS X 10.6.8, and twice on IE8 on win7 fine all round.
    Posted 12 years ago by jiva Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Aw, I ran the test and got to /perf/done, which is 404 now. If the test is closed, can we change /perf to say so?
    Posted 12 years ago by Taral Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Taral: /perf/ no longer exists either
    Posted 12 years ago by Bees! Subscriber! | Permalink
  • poor old perf :(
    Posted 12 years ago by shhexy corin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm pretty perfed  a bout that.
    Posted 12 years ago by Muncey Mango Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Dang, I was a few hours too late to do the third test on my work laptop (tried just over an hour ago).  Stupid busy work week.  At least I got two tests in and only missed 500 currants!
    Posted 12 years ago by Don Monkey Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Poop, I still had one machine left to test. Drat!
    Posted 12 years ago by Lady Cailia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Finally home, with a decent connection, and the testing is over.

:-(

Darn.
    Posted 12 years ago by Pascale Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I tested on my iPhone using Photon flash browser, since I often play on there. It went pretty well- it was funny because the game is usually very laggy on my phone, but ran fast while testing. I then ran it on my desktop with IE. That went well too.
    Posted 12 years ago by Fernstream Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm considering changing Zira's name to Perf..
    Posted 12 years ago by Zira Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Sorry Zira, that name has been taken since October 2.
    Posted 12 years ago by Maxy Cat Subscriber! | Permalink
1 2 3 4 5 Next