Topic

Staff Topic

[Testing is CLOSED, thank you!] Cosma wants YOU to help test stuff (and earn rewards)

UPDATE: Thanks for testing! We've gotten all the data we need for now and the test is officially closed!

---

Glitches of Ur:

Cosma is evaluating new features in the game engine and would like your help in testing them. And naturally, you will be rewarded.

Please DO NOT use your computer AT ALL while the tests are running!
Please DO NOT report bugs for weird things you see while testing. (They're just the way Cosma wants them.)

If you're ready to enlist, head here: www.glitch.com/perf/

If you're not yet sold on the idea... It won't take *any* effort to participate (you don't even have to be at your computer), but it will take 5-15 minutes for most people. You will be rewarded for testing up to three times. And if you have multiple computers or web browsers, Cosma would be grateful if you run a test on each.

Now that you're ready to enlist, head to www.glitch.com/perf/

---
If you encounter any problems during the test, try again.
If you still have trouble, you should stop testing, and Cosma thanks you for trying.

Posted 12 years ago by Jono Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

Previous 1 2 3 4 5
  • :D

Edit: http://prntscr.com/89q63
    http://prntscr.com/89q7d
    prntscr.com/89q9n
    ...... http://prntscr.com/89r47

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVjOsYuW5-0

Sorry about touching my computer, did another test, and that went to flash:null, so I'll try again. 
    Posted 12 years ago by Rook Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Neat!
    Posted 12 years ago by TomC Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Happy to help, I've got Safari, FF,IE and and and....happy to help out!
    Posted 12 years ago by AlmostSilver Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Weee!!! I almost tried to pick up some guano along the way. :D
    Posted 12 years ago by moucri Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Me too, Mourcri! I used Eyeballery for a while and I had to restart 'cause I glitched. :(
    Posted 12 years ago by I Love You TS Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I want to help but as soon as I try to run the test I get a "missing plugin" message. I'm running Chrome at the moment.
    Posted 12 years ago by Grackle Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Finished the test. :)
  • I got an A*!
    Posted 12 years ago by shhexy corin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I got currants and xp XD Doing it again...
  • Cool, deal. Weird yet, awesome. best of all you get the gift of not only "the reward" but also get to visit 3 new places ;)
    Posted 12 years ago by Boaz Jachin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Sexy.
    Posted 12 years ago by Piratice Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Darn, someone died, and I cannot touch their graveside marker :(
  • I died during the test and ended up in hell!
    Posted 12 years ago by ThursdayNext Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Did you guys see the characters in Animal Farm and Soulless??? Pics soon!
    Posted 12 years ago by La Mariposa Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Use the search feature! Nifty!

Like, use spinach :)
  • The dude floating off to the right in this shot is awesome:
    flic.kr/p/bzLouE
    Posted 12 years ago by moucri Subscriber! | Permalink
  • What does "Test failed: time out" mean?  I thought I'd give you guys some data on my netbook where I play sometimes but did I mess something up?  I didn't touch anything and just let it run.
    Posted 12 years ago by Lucille Ball Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Performance Testing Hmm, something went wrong during testing: Assertion failed: Not at empty location Perhaps you could try re-running the test?

Exciting!Also, this is odd and strange to watch! It makes me strangely uncomfortable! Yay!

Oh, that thing happens in Firefox and Chrome. I'll keep trying maybe. I don't have anything better to do right now.
    editofanedit: Hey, new information. This test worked on my boyfriend's account in Cometbird, but my account gets the same result when I try with the same computer/browser as he used. Nifty!
    moreditsyay: I figured it out. The test REALLY did not like that I had died during the first attempt, apparently. I brought myself back to life in normal-game and decided to try just one more time (after 4 or 5 failed attempts) and it worked fine. But slow, because I was pooped :P
    Posted 12 years ago by Biohazard Subscriber! | Permalink
  • So many crabs to make happy, and so much guano to pick up...Ahhhhh...now, that was hell...
    Posted 12 years ago by b3achy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I did Firefox, Chrome and Explorer for ya.  :)
    Posted 12 years ago by 'Zad the Destroyer Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Rebooted and retested. All seems to work on the chrome v listed below. With wireframe and text bubble trails, floating dirt patches and other sureal oddities. But good though!
    _______________________I got: 

Flash error: Null

fail on chrome v. 18.0.1025.152 m

:-(
    Posted 12 years ago by Koftun Subscriber! | Permalink
  • HEY STAFF I haven't been successful in the past when trying to play Glitch on my Nook - should I bother testing on that?
  • I know you are all REALLY JEALOUS of me right now as I edit this transportation factbook, aren't you.
    Posted 12 years ago by Voluptua Sneezelips Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Same issue here as Rook. As the test ran around Soulful and Animal Farm, I saw long trails of wireframe people behind me. Didn't have that problem in Soulless.

Chrome 18, Flash 11.2, Ubuntu 11.10
    Posted 12 years ago by Snazzlefrazz Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Err... There's a bug. If I leave it alone, GOD says my connection time timed out.
  • Ack something went wrong

Flash Error: TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference. at com.tinyspeck.engine.view.renderer.commands::FallbackRenderModeCmd/execute()[/Volumes/TinySpeck/clean/clientNew/src/com/tinyspeck/engine/view/renderer/commands/FallbackRenderModeCmd.as:46] at com.tinyspeck.engine.view.renderer.commands::LocationCommands$/fallBackRenderMode()[/Volumes/TinySpeck/clean/clientNew/src/com/tinyspeck/engine/view/renderer/commands/LocationCommands.as:55] at Function/http://adobe.com/AS3/2006/builtin::apply() at SetIntervalTimer/onTimer() at flash.utils::Timer/_timerDispatch() at flash.utils::Timer/tick()

Awww guess I'm going to miss out :(
    Posted 12 years ago by TamaraPlum Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I thought the long trail of wireframe was part of the test.
    Posted 12 years ago by TomC Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @TomC that was my assumption too
  • Bah, that was creepy. Is Soulless and Soulful like places for dead items to go? So many projects... item in the middle of Animal Farm? Mini version of the bogs vendor? SOOO WEIRD.

Had to quit at the end because my connection timed out near the end.
    Posted 12 years ago by Palindrome Subscriber! | Permalink
  • neat!
    Posted 12 years ago by Jessenya Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Glitches: See updated topic for updates.
  • That was so much fun I did it twice!!! Glad to help anytime...:))))
    Posted 12 years ago by Monkeygirl♥ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Merth- no, that's ok, no need to test on the Nook. :)
    Posted 12 years ago by kevbob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ah phooey! I failed. Bet it was cuz I wasn't dressed appropriately, running around in my robe and slippers. I did get to visit Soulful, Construct, Animal Farm and Souless! I will hit the books and try again later, dressed for serious testing this time.
    Posted 12 years ago by GreyGoose Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yay worked this time :)
    Finding some many crabs in one place a little disconcerting though :O haha!!!
    Posted 12 years ago by TamaraPlum Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Grackle: could you screenshot the error for me?
    Posted 12 years ago by Bees! Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Okay, there are 55 people that follow you. Stalker-Creepy. :P

Also, that thing in the Corner in Soulful or Souless, is a Street Spirit. Probably another design for another region.
  • Seeing the wireframes is expected :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Bees! Subscriber! | Permalink
  • that was incredibly quick testing on this pc, the true test will be tomorrow on ye olde laptop...anyone else want to play pin the tail on the batterfly??
    Posted 12 years ago by ~Arabesque~ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • That was blinkin brilliant ~Thanks for the ride! =)
    Posted 12 years ago by ~Scilly~ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My test failed twice, so I closed my browser, opened it again, and only had one tab open to try it again. I was able to complete the test that time!  =)
    Posted 12 years ago by Zany Serendipity Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Mine said the Test failed, but inside, I know that I won. Also, towards the end, I probably let 5 or 6 crabs listen to one of my two music blocks (to be honest, not sure if I am supposed to be able to do this). May I ask if this is testing for lag and effects? Because there was less lag with all the animals and wireframes (They were named numbers, I counted up to 22, following me).
    Posted 12 years ago by usterka Subscriber! | Permalink
  • always happy to help - ran test on chrome no probs. Off to try another browser.

eta: Tested 4 browsers 3 times each. 

Chrome: by far the best browser for me, no probs at all.
    FF: ran a close second.
    IE: struggled slowly through but froze once, then got connection timeout. 
    Safari ..poor sad Safari didnt manage to complete more than the first part of the test on all 3 attempts.
    Posted 12 years ago by Teena Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Awesome! Worked beautifully for me on both Chrome and Firefox... were some of the crabs suppose to be green? I want one!
    Posted 12 years ago by Shepherdmoon Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I really wanna give a Musicblock to the Crabs. xD
  • Jono - I noticed the street loading pages were saying "first time visiting street" stuff. I hope these test streets don't count as locations for the Top Travellers leaderboard (although the leaderboard's pretty confused as it is).
    Posted 12 years ago by Snazzlefrazz Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Professor usterki, you have 56 fake friends following you FYI.
  • Ah, miscounted. :P
  • I'm trying, it failed twice here, and I see at Soulful and Animal Farm I see those trails of people that Rook posted here too.
    Posted 12 years ago by Lila Clemenceau Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Worked really well on my poor old netbook. Seemed faster than usual, or was I imagining it.

Love the look of Soulful, it looks so warm and inviting. It's rained all day here and I wanted to stay :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Miss Parsley Subscriber! | Permalink
Previous 1 2 3 4 5