Topic

Staff Topic

The official shutdown thread …

Glitch is closing. The details are here: www.glitch.com/closing/

We will do our best to answer everyone's questions (but please take a moment to read the announcement and FAQ before jumping in). Information on refunds is here: www.glitch.com/closing/refu...

Over the next few weeks we'll going to be releasing all kinds of things that were saved for later, nearly-done, previously-shelved or are in various states of design. We will do our best to help everyone get the most of the time which remains — you've all been given (or will shortly be given) 2,500 credits and a free subscription.

New signups and payments are now closed.

I feel sick.

[Edited to add, a few hours later]: I feel much better. Thank you everyone, for all the love! Amazing, beautiful and touching.

Posted 11 years ago by stoot barfield Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 25 26
  • *HUGS*

Playing this beta, with such witty, responsive developers and such an amazing, creative community of players has been a privilege. Thank you so much for giving us all the opportunity to experience this, and for trying so hard for so long to keep it going.

You almost won the game ;_;
    Posted 11 years ago by Trixie Leitz Subscriber! | Permalink
  • So sorry to read this
    Posted 11 years ago by Herr Jim Subscriber! | Permalink
  • We had a great time with all of you! Thanks for all the energy and fun you put into the game!
    Posted 11 years ago by eric Subscriber! | Permalink
  • 10,000 hugs for you, stoot :(
    Posted 11 years ago by Melismata Rookwood Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh no! This is the worst thing ever! :(
    Posted 11 years ago by Yeti Spaghetti Subscriber! | Permalink
  • We'll miss you all so much :(
    Posted 11 years ago by Bees! Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Sad beyond sad :(
    Posted 11 years ago by 2020smoke Subscriber! | Permalink
  • We will miss you here, Glitches. Very very much!
    Posted 11 years ago by kevbob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • God damn it. It's always the good ones.

Is there a way for subscribers to say that we don't want our purchases refunded? I'd rather the cost of my subscriptions, as meager as they were, instead went to buying the office a beer or a box of cupcakes or whatever as a thank you for all the awesomeness.
    Posted 11 years ago by rahaeli Subscriber! | Permalink
  • We'll all miss ALL of you so very much!  Best community ever!
    Posted 11 years ago by glowwingz Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Major hugs to all of you. We will miss you so much!
    Posted 11 years ago by Rascalmom Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My faded heart has broken today:(
    Posted 11 years ago by Cleops Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you for everything, Glitches. You've made these last couple of years very special. Love you all.
    Posted 11 years ago by Herp Derp Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks for joining us on this adventure! We are deeply saddened and will miss you all :(
    Posted 11 years ago by jdawg Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Stunned. And very sad. Thank you for giving me a year of Glitch - it was a beautiful gift.
    Posted 11 years ago by Mnēmē Subscriber! | Permalink
  • You are all just so, so great. 
    Posted 11 years ago by MrConkin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I truly have no words to describe quite how I feel. I will miss this wonderful game, the players and the very amazing and hard working team that put so much effort into this game.
    Posted 11 years ago by Viresse Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I wasn't a staffer for very long, but you guys made me feel so welcome and like a part of the world from Day One (as both staff & as my average-glitchen when she popped up a year ago). Bless you all in your travels -- may you continue spreading joy and creativity wherever you go.
    Posted 11 years ago by Clary Sage Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Stunned. And crying.
    Posted 11 years ago by Alyx Sands Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This is very sad. :( I will miss so many people.
    Posted 11 years ago by Ayasta Subscriber! | Permalink
  • i am refraining from saying what i really think of tiny speck.
    Posted 11 years ago by Cat A. Tonic Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm heartbroken. ;-(
    Posted 11 years ago by Procrastinatia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • SO SO SO SAD. 

I got so much enjoyment out of Glitch -- in fact, I'd easily pay double my subscription (I'm on the highest one) to keep the game alive. I require no refund. I feel I got far more than my money's worth. Is there a place we can go to decline a refund? 

There should be black armbands in the wardrobe our Glitches can wear to show we are in mourning for Ur. 

Hats off to the Tiny Speck gang for always being beyond awesome. May Glitch rise again. 

<3<3<3 Orange Canary 
    Posted 11 years ago by Orange Canary Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Quick! Add some guns and blood and sex and nudity and drugs and explosions and cursing and violence! All the things the public snaps up en masse, funding Return to the Sequel of the Same Old Thing 10! Nothing fuels my misanthropy like seeing a brilliant idea killed by lack of popular support.
    Posted 11 years ago by Rattus Rattus Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I feel so sad. I was having such a bad day, and then I saw this. I've been playing Glitch for just a couple of months, but it was such a wonderful outlet for me to escape from the stress in my life. I know how sad the staff are that they you have to shut it down... and I feel so selfish that I'm focusing on how upset I am about this. :( I was looking forward to a long, long time playing this game...
    Posted 11 years ago by Phantasmagoria Subscriber! | Permalink
  • We tried. We tried very hard.
    lol hard, but for serious, Sadness.
    Thank you everyone for letting me work a dream job making the dream game.
    Posted 11 years ago by Kukubee Subscriber! | Permalink
  • So sad :( Going to cuddle my piggies now. Thank you for everything.
    Posted 11 years ago by Kamara Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you for being the best players we support people could ever support :(
    Posted 11 years ago by PeasDaWg Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I had so much fun with this game.  It's going to take a while to find something to play that felt so in line with the kind of fun I wanted to have.

I know no one is as upset about this as Tiny Speck.  I hope you guys move into doing awesome things again soon.  I'm definitely a fan and will be keeping an eye out for whatever you try out next.
    Posted 11 years ago by a lifted pixel Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Damn. 

I don't know what to tell you. This must hurt so, so bad, like losing a home. Not my home- I was just a guest here, a passer-by. But all of the staff, and those Glitchen who loved the game so much...

My condolences.

I will miss Glitch. It was fun, and delightful. I criticised it often, but that's because I wanted it to succeed. I'm so very sorry it did not :(
    Posted 11 years ago by Cefeida Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It was one of the greatest experiences... to be involved in this project and community. Thank you so much for everything.
    Posted 11 years ago by Danny Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Totally gobsmacked!!  TS - I am so sorry this has happened, this must be a mighty bitter pill for you all :(

I've been here since Alpha and had so many wonderful hours play/testing and have such fantastic memories, I am in tears that it will all vanish soon...
    Posted 11 years ago by Teena Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I feel like I've lost my best friend. Or my dog. And in a way, I have.

I don't want to upset anyone with further details, but Glitch is essentially my only outlet for online communication. I have loved being a part of the amazing community in my own minor way, whether it is tithing icons or lurking in Global Chat and the Forums. I have loved playing the game, exploring, learning new techniques, building, gathering, and so on.

Thank you so much for what you have given us, Tiny Speck and staff. I'm so sorry that it had to end.
    Posted 11 years ago by Replete Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Nooo! I just joined this game recently and am so smitten that I was going to subscribe when my trial ran out. I am heartbroken...this game felt like it was custom made for me. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Kuchen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • silly but, a tear came to my eye just now. thanks to all for all the fun~
    Posted 11 years ago by Simplin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • T.T This is the nicest game I've ever played in my life. The people in the game are nice too. THE BEST BROWSER BASED GAME EVER!!! You will be missed. :'(
    Posted 11 years ago by Toondori Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks for being a fantastic group of players and an amazing community.
    Posted 11 years ago by Pat The Fox Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ......................shit. D:
    Posted 11 years ago by Annuska Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Feeling sick here as well. :-(

l thought l found a very nice replacement for Faunasphere.
    Now this is DEJA VU.

Darn, Dang, Rubbish, Karamba.

l feel for Tiny Specks as well.
    Posted 11 years ago by Lucysixty6 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Man, I was just fired and about to apply for a job here today.

Timing is most things.
    Posted 11 years ago by Jimothy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My heart is broken......
    Posted 11 years ago by Calamity Snood Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I just found this game less than a month ago and I fell in love with it. This makes me so incredibly sad. It's like I found a new home on the internet to hang out with all these amazing people. Good luck to everyone at TS *hugs everyone*
    Posted 11 years ago by Cathyvil d'Purpple Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I think I will always love Humbaba.  I've reached a fitting end to my acts of devotion: www.glitch.com/leaderboards...

I'm sad.
    Posted 11 years ago by Humbabella Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I just found this game on Sunday when my friend posted a link on Facebook. It's such a beautiful game and I've had so much fun with it in my couple short days. I was hoping to get some of my friends and family to start playing it with me and be neighbors as we all move our separate ways across the country as a fun way to keep contact. I guess I'll have to stick to more conventional methods. Best of luck to you all at Tiny Speck and know that you made something wonderful.
    Posted 11 years ago by Serse Subscriber! | Permalink
  • And my heart just cracked into a million tiny pieces.  There are no words for how much fun and imagination this game has given me.  No words.

Thank you thank you thank you.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Posted 11 years ago by Merry Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I will miss this world more than words can explain.

Thank you TS, wishing you all the best.
    Posted 11 years ago by Sharmy Knope Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you Tiny Speck for a wonderful game. So sad you couldn't make a go of it. Best wishes to all of the staff in their future endevers.
    Posted 11 years ago by Faolan Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you Tiny Speck staffers for being the best! You will all be missed very much, but thank you for giving us over a year of beautiful art, imagination and soul!
    Posted 11 years ago by Zev Bellringer Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm going to miss this game, this world, this community, the loveliest players in the world more than i could ever have imagined. I've never had as much fun writing anything or imagining anything or *doing* anything as I have the crazy shit this game let me do. Best experience ever. Thank you so, so much.
    Posted 11 years ago by annapeee Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you Tiny Speck for creating this beautiful, imaginative world for us to play. Best wishes for all in your future endeavors. Hopefully you will not give up the dream of creating another magical world for those of us wanting to escape the stress and worry of life. It is so sad that more people could not explore this wonderful Glitch world you made. Sigh... 
    Posted 11 years ago by Suzy Spring Subscriber! | Permalink
Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 25 26