Topic

Staff Topic

The official shutdown thread …

Glitch is closing. The details are here: www.glitch.com/closing/

We will do our best to answer everyone's questions (but please take a moment to read the announcement and FAQ before jumping in). Information on refunds is here: www.glitch.com/closing/refu...

Over the next few weeks we'll going to be releasing all kinds of things that were saved for later, nearly-done, previously-shelved or are in various states of design. We will do our best to help everyone get the most of the time which remains — you've all been given (or will shortly be given) 2,500 credits and a free subscription.

New signups and payments are now closed.

I feel sick.

[Edited to add, a few hours later]: I feel much better. Thank you everyone, for all the love! Amazing, beautiful and touching.

Posted 11 years ago by stoot barfield Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

1 2 3 4 5 ... 25 26
  • This community is so amazing, thank you for being a part of it. We will miss you.
    Posted 11 years ago by Jade Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Omg nooooo
    Posted 11 years ago by Polly Nomial Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I cannot believe this is happening. This is one of the saddest things I've heard in a long time. We all know things must come to an end and there was always going to be an inevitable end to Glitch one day but never I would've thought it was going to come so soon... so suddenly. 

You guys never gave an indication in the last few weeks the game was in any danger of closing, I wonder staff, did these news come to you as as sudden as it came to us? Or did you guys know for awhile the game was in trouble? 
    Posted 11 years ago by Juniparr Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It was a wonderful experience to work with such talented passionate people with such an amazing community of players. I won't forget it.Thank you <3.
    Posted 11 years ago by Lilli Subscriber! | Permalink
  • No...D;
    I will miss everyone and everything about this game.
    Thank you for keeping me from going crazy/being bored to death for the past year.
    Posted 11 years ago by Akane Tuna Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm so sad. TS-- You genuinely created what Tolkien called a "Secondary Reality," and I came here to live in that reality almost every day for more than a year. Even when the servers are shut down and I can no longer return, the world you created will live on in my heart. Please know that you have accomplished something beautiful.
    Posted 11 years ago by Dr.Maud, Obviously Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This has been a fantastic game. I have loved it. I am so sad that you can't keep it going in some way.

Best wishes to all of you at Tiny Speck. I will follow your next project with interest.
    Posted 11 years ago by Beyond the Pale Subscriber! | Permalink
  • wow bad timing on my part, I just found this game three days ago and fell in love with it.. Well good luck to the employees that helped out with Glitch and thanks for a wonderful game. 
    Posted 11 years ago by lexis1cat Subscriber! | Permalink
  • :(
    Posted 11 years ago by Catatafish Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This game is a wonderful world that never was.  Because of the fabulous staff.  Because of the wonderful player community.  Because of the piggies.  I am honored to have had a chance to play for so long.  I will miss you all.  Thank you for sharing the world of Glitch with me. 

But mostly I will miss the piggies.
    Posted 11 years ago by Kookaburra Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I've been playing Glitch little over a year, ever since some people on an old gaming community I was part of invited me. I used to play daily, and all my friends lived in the same neighborhood as me. I'd explore, do quests, hang out with my friends and I always had a good time. Simply walking through Ur was as relaxing and calming as it was exciting. I loved to discover new areas and easter eggs in this unique world. Heck, I even spent new years eve just partying with the Glitchen last year. I eventually lost interest at the beginning of the year, but I recently started playing a few weeks ago and getting to experience it all again was wonderful. Glitch was certainly an experience I won't forget, and I truly enjoyed what Tiny Speck gave to us.
    Posted 11 years ago by Sawrge Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I can't believe it - I was going to subscribe when my trial subscription was up too. Now I'll never get the chance to build up all the wonderful stuff I've seen in this game. I've met the most beautiful people here and am so sad that it's all going away. There's no other game out there like this and no way to replace Glitch. Tiny Speck - we mourn with you.
    Posted 11 years ago by LanaLoo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • :(
    Posted 11 years ago by Jezebel Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Will miss everything about Glitch. What an amazing adventure this has been. Love you guys. Many hugs to the Tiny Speck team. :(
    Posted 11 years ago by Brandi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks TS for a game, when our other game went the same way.  Enjoyed it while we had it. Wish all of you the best of luck in your journeys ahead.  
    Posted 11 years ago by im4noles2 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Dear dudes and dudettes of Tiny Speck,

This proper sucks. My boss at work turned me on to this game, and for the two days I played it (so far) it has been amazing.

We've been talking about how simple yet effective this game is and it saddens (maddens) me to see this flicker out.

There are far too many games out there that lack the "fun" aspect, you guys nailed.

Now what!? Back to the piles that have stakes their claim on the land? Sigh.

Tiny Speck team, I hope you had as much fun as it seemed you did in making this game. I will definitely regret not getting to invest the time in this game, it deserves.
    Posted 11 years ago by Rotgut Redbeard Subscriber! | Permalink
  • So very sorry to hear your news. I've just started playing recently and it's definitely been a breath of fresh air: so much imagination and wit you poured into this game. I am not sure that I would stay in it for a long time or would become regular subscriber -- sorry for saying that in a thank-you parting thread. Nevertheless, it's so very sad to see yet another clever and very imaginative, very creative project cancelled. The gaming landscape will be more dull and more poor without you.
    Posted 11 years ago by Allyanna Subscriber! | Permalink
  • What begun one day will come to and end... this day has come, right before 21 Dec 2012 (maya's end of the wordl).... seems that our TS have failed from business perspective but completely won our heats!

FAREWELL TINY SPECK, FAREWELL GLITCH... i still hope one day we we'll see this great game rise AGAIN!

PS:
    Let me give u an idea TS, instead of let domain expire, close game but put up and leave a dedication and memories wall open with a brief description of the game ... just to keep our memories and to remember us how good old days were...

PLEASE!
    Posted 11 years ago by PzSniper Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm so stunned, just got my note accepting me into Greeters yesterday....this game has been so important during a terrible, terrible time in my life, all the community...I'm devastated.

I hope all the wonderful people at TS can bounce into new adventures that they love....
    Posted 11 years ago by FlatEarther Subscriber! | Permalink
  • For a brief moment seeing the homepage, I thought they're just shutting down UNTIL early December. Then yeah I felt sick too. The only consolidation is knowing the internet will be a richer place for the next flickr Tiny Speck make...
    Posted 11 years ago by Dasher Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I honestly hope TS can regather itself and go on to do something even cooler and more epic.  It may take years, but I really want to see the people behind this lovely game go on and do something gorgeous that'll bring the community back together.  Keep us all in mind, and good luck if you're leaving Speck for an uncertain future.

A great game, love and mercy to all.

- M.
    Posted 11 years ago by Mahmoth Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm so sorry to see you go. This is a truly innovative game, and both the support and the playing community has been nothing but fabulous.

Would it stress the server too much to have a in-game farewell party?
    Posted 11 years ago by Lexorandi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It was a great ride. Thanks for letting us come along.
    Posted 11 years ago by dopiaza Subscriber! | Permalink
  • BEST GAME EVER...so depressed :(:(:(:(:(:(
    Posted 11 years ago by Pickle Bob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • thank you a lillion times over and over for making this wonderfull game. No game has ever given me a heart break as when i read that message about the game shutting down. :(. all of you who made this games, and those who played it are the best people to ever grace this earth . That for a million lovely memories that i will cherish forever :(
    Posted 11 years ago by androidus max Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Sad day :(
    Posted 11 years ago by Sare Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ... and I got great day up to now :/
    Posted 11 years ago by Luvi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you Tiny Speck.  You guys created an eye catching, amazing, brilliant, awesome, fun world full of some of the best people ever.  Glitch will always always be remembered by me, and I'll miss the simplicity of getting on to do absolutely nothing but talk to others.  Just thank you.
    Posted 11 years ago by ♪ blackbird ♪ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I never thought I could be so shocked and saddened by such a thing, but I am. 

And I also feel proud of having been part of this grand adventure, and strangely serene in the face of the end of the world.

Glitch was a sort of phylosophical springboard for me, getting me to lazily think to how in-game mechanics reflected real world behaviors, and how people is fundamentally good if you only allow them enough to survive decently.
    Now I am learning what mortality really feels like, and this is a good lesson, once again.

Thanks to TS for the ride, and to fellow glitchens for the experience. Really.

(However, it is a little bit sad that the universe ended as soon farting dinosaurs were introduced!)

P.S.
    Can I has all those unobtainable badges now? You know, just for kicks...
    Posted 11 years ago by Ayzad Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I honestly feel dead inside. This makes me so, so, so sad. I'm just... ugh, this is like someone I love dying. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Emleigh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This was a wonderful game.
    I'm not sure for how long I've been playing it, definitely over a year, maybe a year and a half, but it means a lot to me. My dad's one of the staff, eric, and I've been able to see firsthand how much time and effort has been put into this. It's heartbreaking that this has to happen.
    Glitch, you'll be missed :(
    Posted 11 years ago by Cupcake Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ::sniff:: i am so sad but i know TS is hurting worse ::sniff::  ty so much for everything darling stoot and HerpDerp and kevbob and every other dev!!!!!!
    Posted 11 years ago by crème Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you, stoot, and Keita and all of the artists and devs, for letting us be in the Giants' thoughts even for a little while!
    Posted 11 years ago by Carthago Creases Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you for a wonderful time and I am so so sorry to see Glitch go.  You made many wonderful memories for me and the many friends of mine that play.  I wish you absolutely the best and success!  Unfortunately I've been here before being a former Faunasphere refuge, if you will and know that time will heal  and you will enjoy great success whatever you do and I will have great great memories!  Take care TS and to all my friends, we will meet again somewhere...yet to be determined.
    Posted 11 years ago by AlmostSilver Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wow, this is FS all over again for many of us that came over here from there...

Sadly, there aren't other non-violent adult MMO games out there...I'm sad that I'll lose this connection with some good friends...but I also think I'm uber sad that I won't have an excuse anymore for the dishes not getting done, the house not getting vacuumed, the RL garden not being weeded, or the laundry piling up...sigh...it's a bitter pill for many reasons...but thanks for the fun and diversion for the past 20 or so months...
    Posted 11 years ago by ~Pink Flamingo~ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • So sad about this -- Glitch will always hold a special place in my heart.  *all the love*  You guys created an amazing, wonderful, charming, friendly place, and ... man.  <3
    Posted 11 years ago by Isabeau Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I am so very sad (for myself) for the team at TS, and for Glitch. You made the best fu(kin online game I have ever played!!!

You are loved, you will be missed, and I thank you for letting me be apart of this awesome, crazy, and sometimes surreal experience for 1 year and (what will be) 9 months. Cheers to you all!!
    Posted 11 years ago by Sadie the Goat Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This is so depressing. ):

I only joined on October 21st, but I've loved this game since the very first second. Its so whimsical and different from any other game I've played or seen. I love video games but I'm absolute rubbish at them, but Glitch was a great combo of things I loved to do - like explore, mine, and keep animals.

Even more bittersweet is today I finally got all the exploring achievements I could. Its a shame I won't be able to get the last one I wanted.
    Posted 11 years ago by Asazi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I feel like I'm going through the grieving process.
    Posted 11 years ago by Phantasmagoria Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It has been an amazing journey. From closed beta till now. You gave a handful of us a place to go when our other game shut down.. For that.. thank you :-) I wish you all well in the future and please know.. you have touched many of us in a way that we will never forget. Thank you for all your effort and time you have put into this game.
    Posted 11 years ago by Soymocha Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My heart just broke. ;w;
    Posted 11 years ago by Phosomania Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Stoot, I'm a journalist and I've been slowly working on a review of Glitch. I'd like to give it a public fond farewell. If you or anyone from your staff would be interested in talking/email with me about Glitch as it shuts down, please contact me.
    Posted 11 years ago by Beyond the Pale Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It's been an amazing experience to work on Glitch and play alongside the best group of players. I'm going to miss this. Thanks for everything!
    Posted 11 years ago by The Sneezer Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks for all the good times, you guys have been great :(
    Posted 11 years ago by katykicker Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Best MMO ever played. 
    Posted 11 years ago by The Sunset Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Only MMO I ever played. Only one I ever wanted to. Having this game close is going to leave a hole in my heart D:
    Posted 11 years ago by Djabriil Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I just barely got started with this game... I've spent hours working on construction-related skills with the intention of building a ridiculous tower, so I think I'll probably still try to do that before the end. Thanks for creating such a lovely and enchanting game. I am bitterly sorry to see it go so soon.
    Posted 11 years ago by Vodka Mutini Subscriber! | Permalink
  • A suggestion

I love Glitch. I would hate to see it close and I know you're probably getting 10000000 of these, but here's an idea: do a kickstarter to raise money to revamp the site to put ads on it. It would help you become sustaining and it would allow your players to feel like they could do something. Rewards could be anything from credits to 1 year subscriptions to signed artwork for the biggest donations.

I do hope you read this and consider it.

(I also just sent this in as a help ticket because I didn't know this existed. Sorry!)
    Posted 11 years ago by LydiaTrebond Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I am heart-broken right now and I can't even imagine what it must be like for the members of staff and the developers and everyone else who made this game come alive. Thank you so much, so very much, for a game as wonderful and amazing as Glitch was and is and will continue to be for the next few weeks.

I know that we have the option of refusing our refunds and allowing the members of Tiny Speck have it go towards their severance checks. Is there a PayPal or something else we can donate to as well?
    Posted 11 years ago by Booksomewench Subscriber! | Permalink
  • No refund for me please.  I have gotten my money's worth and more out of this game.  I am so sorry that it has to close.
    Posted 11 years ago by Galnoir Subscriber! | Permalink
1 2 3 4 5 ... 25 26