Topic

Come join Civility (Group based on community, cooperation and fun)

“We Fart Rainbows!”
             ~Pippa

Civility: the act of showing regard for others
We are a group dedicated to working cooperatively instead of competitively; to sharing amongst our membership; to maintaining certain standards of behavior with all Glitch interactions; and to making more fun for ourselves and others by positive, supportive actions.

We keep a fun, active chat channel open at all times. We  have scheduled and spontaneous events designed to engage our members and other players. We maintain a Civility Route that encourages others to participate in resource collection, restoration projects and iMG donation.

And we do it all in a spirit of Empathy,  Non-discrimination and Mutual respect!

Civility's Core Values:
~   We will be friendly, caring, like-minded folk. We do not condone rude, mean, or selfish behavior. Trolls and griefers will be expelled from Civility.

~   Unity is key: we do our best to foster group community feeling and spread that to the greater community of Ur.

~   Pre-emptively “pay it forward”! Be pro-active in helping others and they will in turn help you.

~   What goes around comes around, or else it stops.

~   Be completely ethical in your interactions with all, both in-group and across Ur.
Practice mutual respect for all. This includes tolerance for differences of all kinds: from differences of opinion to differences in color, creed, gender, or orientation.

~   Take all forms of hate speech elsewhere! We will not accept the following in Civility: Racism, Xenophobia, Sexual Prejudice (against men/women/LGBT), Disability Discrimination, Bigotry, Harassment, Slander and Abuse of any kind.

~   Generosity is a gift, both to the giver and the receiver: do not abuse the generosity of others but offer yours first.

Membership

~  At this time, membership is subject to approval. A recommendation of you by one of our current members helps but is not a deciding factor on its own. Either request for membership after you read this document carefully OR message Bachjess♫♫♪ in game or send a mail via the website or butler.

~  All new members will be on probation for 2 weeks. At this time, we ask that you be active in our group chat channel or if they prefer through IM'ed conversations with Bachjess♫♫♪ so we get to know each other better and ensure a fit for both parties. Also, keep abreast of our discussion threads and comment in them if you wish. The introductions thread is a good start.

Consequences Policy
~   Members who fail in some application of our core values will be subject to our 3-strike system:

Strike 1:   IM'ed warning in-game from one of our Leadership Team
Strike 2:   Written warning (via note) from one of our Leadership Team
Strike 3:   Meeting with Leadership and Removal from the group

Link to Civility Group Page

Posted 12 years ago by Bachjess♫♫♪ Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Hi...I would love an invite to this group...please.
    Posted 12 years ago by Groist Plobber Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Morning all :D

Hiya 4 invites coming right up. Thanks for your interest Great Brain Robbery, tiggy, Maxy Cat and Groist Plobber. Have a great day all. *hugs* and Cheers,

Bachjess
  • Wud luv an invite to such a fantastic group :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Stormy345 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hiya Stormy345 :D *hugs* and thanks for your interest. Coming right up. Welcome and hope you're all having a lovely day too :D

Cheers,

Bachjess
  • This looks like a great community bachjess, I'd love to join :)
    Posted 12 years ago by ErinBaby Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hiya ErinBaby :) Sure thing. Welcome !!! *Hugs* and cheers, Bachjess
  • I would love to get an invite please!
    Posted 12 years ago by Plexum Navillus Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hiya Plexum Navillus, sure thing. *hugs* and cheers, Welcome and great name :D
  • Just a small shout out to everyone who has joined the Civility Group thus far, as well as those who have requested invitations. Welcome everyone :D You'd find me and others in the Civility chat channel. Come join in some time if you like and even if you just want to read periodically and not say much, that's cool too. It's wonderful seeing how kind and helpful most Glitchen really are. *hugs* and Cheers all :D

Bachjess
  • I'd like an invite. I had one, at some point, but it went poof.
    Posted 12 years ago by Addi Bee~♥ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • No worries, sure thing Addie Bee~(don't know how to make the heart sorry lol). Here you go, *hugs* and Cheers and have a lovely night :D Oh I forgot to say, I love your biography and ascribe to that myself. Some may take advantage of my good will, but I will never let it change who I am fundamentally. Looking forward to chatting and adventuring with you. *hugs* :D
  • Sounds like a great idea,I'd love an invite...
    Posted 12 years ago by fuzzbuzz Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This sounds amazing!  I would love an invite.
    Posted 12 years ago by elbowglitter Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I would love to join. Can I have an invite, please?
    Posted 12 years ago by Elyn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Morning all :D Hiya fuzzbuzz, elbow glitter and Elyn. Welcome all! Thanks for all your interests, Invites coming through forthwith. Cheers and *hugs* :D & delighted to you have you all join our growing family within this larger family.
  • Oh Lupicek, Lupi....Lupi. You've been piggyfied by Bachjess and our sweetest newest member Sharmy. Psst..she made the piggy feeder and the meat collector and she just joined our group 2 minutes before we piggyfied your house. I think she's a keeper *hugs* :) Ah "revenge" is sweet Lupi. You're the spice baron, I'm the animal one. Hope you like piggies :D
    Seriously, thanks for this lovely Art. It totally made my day.

http://www.glitch.com/snaps/PUV3JO86L8G2F1Q/15336-faae6b3603/

And great impromptu party yesterday in Winter Wingding, PTB3. Thanks for hosting it :D Got us a couple new members too.

Oh yes, Welcome everyone old and new in Civility. You all rock!!!! As does everyone in Ur. *hugs* and cheers all :D
  • I would be more than thrilled to join such a group. Working together, along with fostering a healthy sense of humor, is something I always strive for in gaming environments. I would be honored to be a part of such a heartfelt project.

Thank you kindly for the invitation, Bachjess, after I "red handed" placing out some valuable food items. ^^; You sound like a marvelous collection of Glitch.
    Posted 12 years ago by Yuoh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Welcome to the group! (Once you get the invites anyway)
    Posted 12 years ago by ❅Cobalt❅ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Aw thanks Yuoh. *Hugs* and Cheers, Welcome. Invite coming right up :D See you soon, Bachjess
  • I'd like to request an invite, please :)
    Posted 12 years ago by blitheandbonny Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Just a few screenies: Civility kitchen! A job well done.
    Posted 12 years ago by Sororia Rose Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Can one of you dears tell me how to get to the Gregarious Tower thing that I'm Chris has been posting about please?
    Posted 12 years ago by Anya Karenya Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hiya blitheandbonny *Hugs* Sure thing. Welcome. Coming right up, Cheers :D 

MS Sparklz, it's in Groddle Meadows I think. Anyone with more precise directions?
  • Found it Bachjess and as my luck would have it..no one there lol. But ty.
    Posted 12 years ago by Anya Karenya Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Please could I have an invite?
    Posted 12 years ago by Josiah Thimblerig Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hiya Josiah Thimbelrig, totally awesome name.

One invite coming right up *hugs* and cheers,

Bachjess
  • Please may I have an invite?
    Posted 12 years ago by Mocha Maid Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hiya Mocha Maid :D

Sure thing. Coming right up. *hugs* Welcome to everyone who's joined us recently.

Cheers :D
  • I would like to try this group, please!
    Posted 12 years ago by Bexley Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Please could you add me to the list also? Thanks!
    Posted 12 years ago by JarkWoman Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hiya Bexley & JarkWoman :D

Thanks for your replies. Sure, here are 2 invites coming right up. Welcome :D So sorry, I normally try to get invites out asap, My Sunday job is to sing so I just got home. Here you go though. And have a lovely day :)

*hugs* and Cheers
  • Sounds like my sort of people.  Please could I have an invite?
    Posted 12 years ago by Tiresias Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hiya Tiresias :D *hugs* welcome, one invitation coming right up. have a lovely day.

*hugs* and Cheers
  • I'd love to be a part of this :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Starless Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Might I have an invite please?
    Posted 12 years ago by SallySomeone Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hiyai Starless and SallySomeone :D 

Thanks for the replies. INvites coming through right now. *hugs8 and cheers all.

Civiltiy and Ur you ROCK!!!!! Oh and TS you ROCK Too :D

Bachjess
  • i'd love to be a part of this group!  may i have an invite please?! :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Nikki Z Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hiyi Nikki Z, I was just IMing you. Invite coming right away. *hugs* and Cheers :D

Bachjess
  • I am behind this Group's ethos entirely. Glad to see my own ethical universe so handily codified. Please include me in your invites.
    Posted 12 years ago by Kip Konner Subscriber! | Permalink
  • hiya Kip Konner :D

*hugs* Awesome and here's an invite coming right up. Cheers and take care all,

Bachjess
  • OH and Welcome all who joined us recently

and to old and new hands alike, old and new friends alike :)
  • May I have an invite please? This sounds like a lovely group. Hope it's ok that my gameplay is a bit intermittent (too many RL demands!)
    Posted 12 years ago by geekybird Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I would like an invite, please...and thanks :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Katee Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hiya geekybird and Katee :D

Thanks for your comments. And geekybird, no worries about intermittent gameplay, most of the folks in Civility have lots of responsibilities too so some do not play daily but weekly etc, and that's okay :)

Just got home, invites coming right up. Welcome all :D

*hugs* and Cheers,

Bachjess
  • Last weekend's communal fox-brushing was Brilliant!!!!
    We got as much as 15,535 fibers a piece, some had 14,000 and others even with massive lag got a few thousands. Lots of fun, bait and fiber :D

Early this week, the Civility mining party was likewise full of fun, frivolity, banter and oh yes, ore. My maximum one pass (one mining text filled out) was 30 chunks. Lucidess captured this wonderfully:

http://www.glitch.com/snaps/PUVF5A16V5D2E0D/19951-7097aa2456/

Thank you everyone for helping to run and also participate in these wonderfully fun events. Hopefully next time, more of our friends (who might not even be in the group) will be freer to participate too.

You rock, Civility, Woohooo

*hugs* and Cheers :D
  • My laptop will hate me, but I want in :D  May I have an invite?
    Posted 12 years ago by Everybody Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hiya Everybody :D

So sorry about your laptop. And I just got this not long ago so one invitation coming right up. Welcome all. 

*hugs* and Cheers :D
  • This sounds like an excellent group. May I join?
    Posted 12 years ago by Big Moss Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hiya Big Moss :D

*Hugs* and Welcome to Civility :D Invitation coming right up. Have a lovely day all. 

Cheers,

Bachjess
  • Now this is a group I can really get behind. :D I don't think I've seen one that has a more Glitchy approach to the game. Yay, community gaming!

May I have an invite, please?
    Posted 12 years ago by Liathea Subscriber! | Permalink