Topic

Come join Civility (Group based on community, cooperation and fun)

“We Fart Rainbows!”
             ~Pippa

Civility: the act of showing regard for others
We are a group dedicated to working cooperatively instead of competitively; to sharing amongst our membership; to maintaining certain standards of behavior with all Glitch interactions; and to making more fun for ourselves and others by positive, supportive actions.

We keep a fun, active chat channel open at all times. We  have scheduled and spontaneous events designed to engage our members and other players. We maintain a Civility Route that encourages others to participate in resource collection, restoration projects and iMG donation.

And we do it all in a spirit of Empathy,  Non-discrimination and Mutual respect!

Civility's Core Values:
~   We will be friendly, caring, like-minded folk. We do not condone rude, mean, or selfish behavior. Trolls and griefers will be expelled from Civility.

~   Unity is key: we do our best to foster group community feeling and spread that to the greater community of Ur.

~   Pre-emptively “pay it forward”! Be pro-active in helping others and they will in turn help you.

~   What goes around comes around, or else it stops.

~   Be completely ethical in your interactions with all, both in-group and across Ur.
Practice mutual respect for all. This includes tolerance for differences of all kinds: from differences of opinion to differences in color, creed, gender, or orientation.

~   Take all forms of hate speech elsewhere! We will not accept the following in Civility: Racism, Xenophobia, Sexual Prejudice (against men/women/LGBT), Disability Discrimination, Bigotry, Harassment, Slander and Abuse of any kind.

~   Generosity is a gift, both to the giver and the receiver: do not abuse the generosity of others but offer yours first.

Membership

~  At this time, membership is subject to approval. A recommendation of you by one of our current members helps but is not a deciding factor on its own. Either request for membership after you read this document carefully OR message Bachjess♫♫♪ in game or send a mail via the website or butler.

~  All new members will be on probation for 2 weeks. At this time, we ask that you be active in our group chat channel or if they prefer through IM'ed conversations with Bachjess♫♫♪ so we get to know each other better and ensure a fit for both parties. Also, keep abreast of our discussion threads and comment in them if you wish. The introductions thread is a good start.

Consequences Policy
~   Members who fail in some application of our core values will be subject to our 3-strike system:

Strike 1:   IM'ed warning in-game from one of our Leadership Team
Strike 2:   Written warning (via note) from one of our Leadership Team
Strike 3:   Meeting with Leadership and Removal from the group

Link to Civility Group Page

Posted 12 years ago by Bachjess♫♫♪ Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Hiya Vera Mars, Thanks for your reply. One invite coming right up. Cheers & *hugs* :D
  • Room for more :D Have a look if you like what you read :D *hugs* & cheers, Bachjess
  • Don't know if ToS or group.
    Posted 12 years ago by Volkov Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Lol :D I'm flattered that you see so much resemblance to my charter and Tiny Speck's ToS. Just a bit of background, I've been guild leader of 2 guilds which bear the Civility name. One in World of Warcraft and One in Star Wars the Old Republic and what I wrote in this thread about our Code and intro, is essentially the charter I used in both other games, just tweaked for Civility Glitch purposes. If you're interested, here is a link of one of the websites I created. My toon's name there in both cases is Elvwyr. *hugs* and cheers all.

http://civility.shivtr.com/pages/Charter
  • Can I get an invite? :)  Thanks!!!
    Posted 12 years ago by Synnia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hiya Synnia, *hugs* Sure thing. Thanks so much and cheers too :D

Bachjess
  • can you invite me
    Posted 12 years ago by drakodood Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Sure thing, darkdood. *hugs* :) and cheers. Invites coming right up. Oh and in case anyone was curious about our group, we use Civility chat a lot in game lol. And you're welcome to chat there, or IM me, or just listen (read). We're incredibly laid back.

Bachjess
  • I'd love an invite!
    Posted 12 years ago by Deely Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hiya Deely *hugs* Sure thing, coming right up. Cheers

Bachjess
  • So wait..
    You basically do what the greeters do?
    Posted 12 years ago by Volkov Subscriber! | Permalink
  • So 2 of our friends had projects when they cleared dead crop plots, and all who were on from Civility chipped in to help pooling our resources together, a micro version of the Street projects (please bring them back, TS, we're begging ya, pretty please with frosting on the top). As a result, I was told that what would have taken our friends a long time to restore their crop plots (Both on the Resource routes too), was done in no time. Thank you Civility and thank you Stoot and TS for creating this environment where such community spirit thrives. I love the fact that by helping each other, we help each other :D After all, the Housing Resource Route benefits everyone in game too :D I love being able to give back to the community as so many helped me and continue to help me.

Also, hey PTB3, it was a blast with the 5 or so of us stalking uh putting you on follow, high-fiving, leaping and "invading" your home as we bounced about the place admiring your brilliant home :D

And thank you so much BlackWolf and Trica McMillan for lipping and egging my home street just so:

http://www.glitch.com/snaps/PUV3JO86L8G2F1Q/13617-cd61eafb24/sizes/o/

Had a terrible night last night, and coming home to Glitch and seeing this just made me feel loved and perked me up immeasurably.

And that's a sampling of what we do in Civility.

*hugs* and Cheers all :)
  • Bachjess, this is great!

I'd join, but I'd like to ask you to clarify your sixth point first.  It's so open that it could be misapplied by griefers, and that's something I can't hold myself to in its current form.

Be well,

- Satori
    Posted 12 years ago by Satori Tindalos Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hiya Satori :D

Thank you for your kind words and your astute observation. I've sent you a letter. *hugs* and Cheers.

And to borrow from Robert Burns, "The best laid schemes o' mice an' men Gang aft a-gley".

Take care,

Bachjess
  • May I please have an invitation?
    Posted 12 years ago by Hawkwell Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hi Bachjess, I'd love an invite, sounds like a lovely group.
    Posted 12 years ago by Troll Doll Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hiya Hawkwell and Troll Doll :D

Thanks for the expressions of interest. *hugs* and Cheers. Invites coming right up.

Bachjess
  • Hallo! I would love an invite... please. ;)
    Posted 12 years ago by Spaghetti Thompson Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hiya Spaghetti :D One invite coming right up. Thanks for the interest *hugs* and cheers :D
  • Hiya all *hugs*

Just wanted to give a big Civility Welcome to everyone who joined us thus far. We're delighted you're part of our little family in the middle of our larger Ur family too. *hugs* and cheers,

Bachjess
  • Hi Bachjess, this sounds like a wonderful group, I would love an invite!  I love all your points above.  Mutual respect and cooperation?  W00T!  Count me in.
    Posted 12 years ago by Clarabelle Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Aw thanks Clarabelle *hugs* and Cheers, one invite coming right up :D welcome.
  • Hi - I would love an invite.  :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Amber Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Sure thing. Welcome Amber *hugs* :D Check out Civility chat, there are still some people in there who will welcome you too. NIght Ur :D
  • I would love to be a part of this group too. I look forward to making friends and helping others!! Thank you for setting this up!!
    Posted 12 years ago by Tat2 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hiya Tat2 :D Thanks for your comment supporting Civility. Happy to have you part of us. One invite coming right up. *Hugs * and Cheers. Also, Thanks for the thanks (lol). Welcome, and I hope to chat with you soon. :D
  • I'd like to join! Send an invite please.
    Posted 12 years ago by ❅Cobalt❅ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hiya PhoenixWing :D Thanks for your interest. Invitation coming right up. *hugs* and Cheers, Bachjess
  • I don't have much time for Glitch right now (hope that will change before too long), but I'd love to get an invite. This sounds like my kind of group!
    Posted 12 years ago by Splendora Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hiya Splendora. Sure thing, *hugs* Cheers and welcome. I hope things settle down so you get to play a lot more. Your community kitchen group is fantastic. A brilliant idea :D
  • Hiya Splendora, For some weird reason, I'm unable to access your page and add you to my friend's list to invite you to Civility. I will see if PTB3 is able to. Hope you've had  a good weekend. *hugs* & Cheers, Bachjess
  • Bachjess, this sounds wonderful! Thanks for creating this space within the game (sounds like you've had a lot of experience creating these havens before). Please may I have an invite?
    Posted 12 years ago by gilbert whisper Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hi, can I have an invite to this group please? Thank you :) x
    Posted 12 years ago by Milly21 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hiya gilbert whisper and Milly21 :D 

Thanks for your comments. *hugs* and cheers, invites coming right up. Welcome too and if you're in game, you might like to keep Civility chat room channel open, we're in there a lot chatting away. :D

Bachjess
  • Sounds like a great idea, can I have an invite please?
    Posted 12 years ago by riscy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Can I get a invite please?
    Posted 12 years ago by koolaroo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hiya Riscy and Koolaroo :D

Thanks for both your interests, invites coming right up. *hugs* and Cheers :D Welcome too!

Bachjess
  • I would like to join!
    Posted 12 years ago by PhoebeGee Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hiyi PheobeGee :D Thanks for the interest. Coming right up. *hugs* and Welcome. Cheers, Bachjess
  • Hi! Could I please get an invite? :) Thanks.
    Posted 12 years ago by Xacau Feera Blin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hiya Shakha *hugs* and Cheers, Welcome and one invite coming right up. Have a lovely  day all,

Bachjess
  • Please send ne an invite, thanks

Dewa
    Posted 12 years ago by Dewa Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I am so happy that this group is growing!  :D
    Posted 12 years ago by FTW BACON!! Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I would appreciate an opportunity to be in this group when it's available.  Thanks!
    Posted 12 years ago by jazzcrash Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hiya Deathlyhorror, Dewa and jazzcrash :D 

*hugs* and Cheers all of you. Indeed Deathly, it's pretty awesome :D Woohoo all Civil Glitchen who have joined us thus far. Come join in our lively and oftentimes silly banter that is Civility chat channel. Also, we constantly learn from each other too :D Oh, and no question is every dumb or too newbish :)

Welcome, invites coming right up :D

Bachjess
  • I'd like an invitation please.  I'm good at giving and sharing.  Thanks for your consideration.
    Posted 12 years ago by swampfox2222 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hiya swampfox2222 :) Thanks for your interest *hugs and Cheers. Welcome :D

Bachjess
  • Could i please join?
    This looks like a group i can feel at home :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Great Brain Robbery Subscriber! | Permalink
  •  i  am interested,   it is sort of like a return to our Glitchen roots, as i understand them.  thankyou for starting this group please invite me too.  :D
    Posted 12 years ago by tiggy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Please invite me! I can be very civil when I want to. :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Maxy Cat Subscriber! | Permalink