Topic

Offer of help to get the Kindness of Strangers Badge

Good Morning fellow Glitches.  My name is FlatEarther, and I bring an offer that's too good to pass up.  I'm a member of the Civility group.  We're all about being, well, civil.  We enjoy working cooperatively to help ourselves and each other.  We believe there are no "losers" in Glitch.

The offer:  We've helped our members who are level 36 and above get the Kindness of Strangers badge.  We're branching out now to help you, yes you, the level 36 and above Glitch.  What do you do? You post in this forum with your user name, current level, and maybe something whimsical or geeky.
As posts come in I'll manage a list in the header post so you know you're on it, and we'll do the rest.  We'll pick a game day and we'll "img bomb" your street, interacting with everything that you have on it.  The next time you log in you should have a brand new Kindness of Strangers badge waiting for you.

The fine print:  None, we get the pleasure of helping, you get a hard to get badge.

Please read the last page to see who we are helping currently.

Who got it?

spotlightgirl karibean MissDirect Von B Asthner LadyUtena Juniparr MikkiO Lolly Lives Biff Beefbat WaxandFeathers Little Miss Giggles Alexabury Duck Bill Platty beBlueberry MoxieMolly Intrepia
Asperity Bellerophon Patricia Princess of Pink Melfra emdot attila the hun xLIFEx Miau Persephone Pear SarcasMage Jaxxed Branfowl ~Scilly~ Ferozstein LinkHyliadz Lechat AHill Zoi TimeLord Glondor Glitch Sk8r Dave babi Boaz Jachin Charlie the Awesome Evadrepus Terramere Dru Id kat65
Porcelain Lyhzz fuzzbuzz lorgle JarkWoman Misty Dawn hatis lazulisong merry Vastra knitmeapony
Vera Strange Catatafish Lexus Gaalen Miss Lillith Drykern MsAvatar natsumi Idalia Dahlia Mokta
Lady Door KatyaR MsMunchken Skarlet Lelaine Ac0rn Chicalet Lei.Lei Maeberry Averill Tradescantia Gloopy Zeezah Leelou img BFF Morgan Kay drimble wedge emilsha snygyst tibbi
Lellie Lucille Ball elka docta skeksi SaSa Jack Trucker Dave Larch arianna Nefer Nefer Meezly
Rushlight Snorriruff Davon Caymanator welshcorgi !$Harrumph$! Saturnese Minkey darthfluffle
RoboRock Unrund Simius DJ Tanner jalandy Coffeemate m4 adventure kitty hmph Darling Violeta
Lunabella Classical Trickydisco Talaria Wingfoot Gadzooks Gupfee caley dunn Mal'akh Rutger
Kookaburra Leites Lady Moosebay bayBi Zebedy Zenitha Couper Pepperdragon max_champlin Chelyria Gruff McGruff bleppo Moz art Smashley Miki Takahashi

Edit 10/25/12 11a Back from vaca (it was a blast, hello Devil's Tower!), Taztaboo is going to continue managing this because she has awesome to spare!
Edit 10/30/12 Changed format of list so you don't have to scroll down so far. :)

Posted 12 years ago by FlatEarther Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

1 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13
  • Ooooh! Please. 
    Posted 12 years ago by Miau Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hi! I just reached level 37, and I would love to be "bombed" sometime, when you can get around to it! Of course I am more than willing to help others too so I applied to join your group.
    Posted 12 years ago by Spree Subscriber! | Permalink
  • would love to help out until im 36
    Posted 12 years ago by ◘ ▪ Leï.Leï ▪ ◘ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • What level am I anyway... right, 38.

This is a great project!  I'll start joining in right now - I love going to home streets!
    Posted 12 years ago by Persephone Pear Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This sounds awe-inspiring.  I'm level 41, and I approve this strangely kind kindness of strangers project.  I'm all ready for someone to set me up the bomb.
    Posted 12 years ago by SarcasMage Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you all :D  I got the badge with 3810 img!
    Posted 12 years ago by LadyUtena Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I would love to be bombed with img please. I will also help out when needed.
    Posted 12 years ago by Jaxxed Subscriber! | Permalink
  • w00t LadyUtena
    Posted 12 years ago by IrenicRhonda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hello folks. My name is Branfowl and I'm a level 42 Glitchaholic.

I really appreciate the assistance with this badge.

Peace and goodwill to those that visit my street, and a hearty thanks!

^_^
    Posted 12 years ago by Branfowl Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm Level53, and I would love to have a wee bit of help in getting that elusive badge!
    Thank You! =)

Q: What is the best/most helpful thing to have on your street?
    Posted 12 years ago by ~Scilly~ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hi. I'm level 36 exactly, and I'd very much like some help with the badge :)

While bombing, don't forget to see my butler as well. I'm trying to keep her stocked up with goodies for anyone who visits me :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Ferozstein Subscriber! | Permalink
  • i'm lv 37 <3 anyone for helping :D
    Posted 12 years ago by LinkHyliadz Subscriber! | Permalink
  • hi all :) im lvl 56 and still havent that badge :) but im not in a hurry - anyway would like to get it some day ^^
    Posted 12 years ago by Lechat Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks guys! I got my badge!!! 

How can I contribute? Do you guys have a group where you announce iMG bombs?!
    Posted 12 years ago by Juniparr Subscriber! | Permalink
  • We manage the visits in the Civility group, feel free to ask to join.  We love cooperative geeky  glitches.  :-) 
  • I love this idea.  Would it be possible to bomb my street for iMG (sounds dirty)?  Thanks!

No rush - I know others are ahead of me.

a-hill, level 43
    Posted 12 years ago by A-Hill Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Is this still going? Waiting for an update. I've tried MikkiO's garden several times now ^^
    Posted 12 years ago by xLIFEx Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The iMG bombs tend to happen on 2 of the 4 game days per real day, if that makes sense! Once Flatearther has updated the top post everyone should be going for it. Not as many people on this time of day (UK /  Europe work hours) so they tend to happen evening time for me.
    Posted 12 years ago by Artistech Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh I'd like to be iMG-bombed as well, please! Level 45 here!

I'd also like to help others get their badges, so do you happen to have a schedule of when you do the bombing? 
    Posted 12 years ago by Zoi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hi i'm TimeLord, can I haz a kindness of strangers badge too please? That would just make BOTH my hearts burst with happiness :D
    Posted 12 years ago by TimeLord Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hi,
    saw my name on the completed list - but unfortunately could not get the badge :(
    Please do come by again. 
    Posted 12 years ago by attila the hun Subscriber! | Permalink
  • You've not been bombed yet attila! The list is the people pending, in order of appearance I think.
  • Exactly Artisttech.  Right now we are bombing MikkiO.
  • Awesome idea!
    Lev 49 here.

Bombs away!
    Posted 12 years ago by Glondor Glitch Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Huh, catfish! I'm pinching your face! I'm pinching your face! Everybody loves Chicken-lady! PS. Bomb me.
    Posted 12 years ago by Dead Sk8r Dave Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I need help too
    I am Lvl 44
    Posted 12 years ago by babi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hi I'm Boaz and I grow trees, cherry to be precise, which tend to be nice.
    I like to help all those I can but badges of kindness I certainly lack.
    If its not really hard and you like bombing my street with imagination would be quite nice.
    Thanks
    Posted 12 years ago by Boaz Jachin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Anyone who's looking at this thread: we're bombing me today, if you'd like to stop by and help :)
    Posted 12 years ago by beBlueberry Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm sitting on a basic level 30 but I would be more than happy to help :)

Geeky Statement:
    “If you were to second guess your decision to book some time to visit an Native American community, that would be a reservation reservation reservation.”
    Posted 12 years ago by Nafets Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm Charlie the Awesome and I would love to have folks bomb my place. ... prefer not a flea bomb though. I believe I am level 47. As for my geeky statement: "42".
    Posted 12 years ago by Charlie the Awesome Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Allos, I'm a level 36 glitch named Evadrepus Terramere
    (crowd mumbles "ellos Evadrepus")

I am hoping to get in this badgariffic action.
    (someone around the middle of the line yells "you and me both, bud!")

*gets into line*

Thanks for your help!
    Posted 12 years ago by Evadrepus Terramere Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'd love to join the Civility group, any chance of an invite? Just my kinda glitch-fun.
    Oh and I still don't have the Kindness of Strangers badge, so if I can get on the list I'd appreciate that too. (Level 52).
    Posted 12 years ago by Dru Id Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh, any help getting that would be FANTASTIC!  I'm level 47 and was in one group that tried, we worked all day on everyone's street, and I think only 1 of that group got it.

And here's a quote in the Civility Group's honor:
    Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none.  - Benjamin Franklin

Thanks!!! 
    Posted 12 years ago by kat65 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • What a great and civil offer for help, thank you :) !
    Please put my name on the list for the Kindness of Strangers badge, I'm level 40. My street has almost every kind of tree, rocks, animals, and plots to harvest  - enjoy!
    Posted 12 years ago by Porcelain Subscriber! | Permalink
  • this is a great idea! Please put my name on the list, as well. I'm level 41.
    Posted 12 years ago by ༺Lhyzz༻ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Would Love the help Lvl 47 and only too pleased to help others as well..
    Posted 12 years ago by fuzzbuzz Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wow. I've been so close to this. I'm level 35 and would love a helping hand! I'm a spice nut, so i've got trees galore for you to harvest, water, and pet (though my trees are a bit spicier and like a quick reach around). Cheers!!
    Posted 12 years ago by Jinx Fonman Subscriber! | Permalink
  • JinxFonman wrote: Wow. I've been so close to this. I'm level 35 and would love a helping hand

It's impossible to get the badge until you are at least level 36, because of the cap based on your level. The iMG you receive from visitors is capped at 5 times your baase Qurazy Quoin value (ie at 80% mood),  which is why a level 35 or below can't achieve it 

Full explanation here
    http://mathemaglitch.blogspot.ca/p/street-imagination.html 

So if you have been close, it sounds like you will actually get the badge without any help when you next level up/ So good luck :), I think you'll have it *soon*
  • I got it!  Thank you everyone who bombed my street!  (((hugs)))
    Posted 12 years ago by MikkiO Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @MikkiO: w00t!
  • Hi everyone, I have the list up to date through Fuzzbuzz.  We love all the offers of help, so please check the header post as that will have who we are working on at the moment. 

We also love the enthusiasm of level 35 and lower glitches, but since it's impossible to earn the img until you're at level 36, we have to wait until you're actually level 36 before adding you to the list.  Happy Zilloween all, have fun with your candy and pumpkins!
  • Just got the badge, with 3690. You all so rock for doing this! I'll keep helping as you go down the line, and many thanks. :D
    Posted 12 years ago by Lolly Lives Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Now that Lollylives has achieved the badge, I have just done Biff Beefbat's street and will move onto WaxandFeathers and Little Miss Giggles if others want to join this game day.
    Posted 12 years ago by Oristia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hi all, we're not doing the img bombing each game day.  Again, check the header post to find out if we're actively doing someone.  We may do one or two Sunday 9/23 but if not we'll pick it up again on Monday 9/24.
  • bombs away!  lvl 46 - thank you!  i'll send each participant a potion of their choice - place an order with my butler.
    Posted 12 years ago by lorgle Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The estate of Mr. Bifferson Bojangles Beefbat is happy to report that the badge hath been begotten with 4170 points of imaguration.

Praise be to Alph and thanks muchly to the charitable strange.
    Posted 12 years ago by Biff Beefbat Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I desperately need this badge, and I just got to level 37!
    Posted 12 years ago by Gizgazzuz Guziz Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wow, 4170 is the highest I've heard of Biff! Excellent.
  • Hi! Love the idea and would love to be added to the list - am level 50. I will also keep an eye on the group so that I can be part of the bombing squad for other glitchen - one way of visiting new home streets! Thanks.
    Posted 12 years ago by JarkWoman Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Whenever you can find the time, i would love to have you visit :) And Thank You
    Posted 12 years ago by Rainbow Run Subscriber! | Permalink
1 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13