Topic

Staff Topic

Faster, Stronger Postal System

We fought the postal bureaucrocs tooth and nail to make this happen, but the day has finally come where you can manage all of your frog-enabled correspondence in one place. This means reading received mail, sending letters, and (drum roll please) replying to mail directly from a letter in your inbox. It's a revolution of efficiency! To make this all possible, there’ve been some fundamental changes made to the in-game mail system, all of which are outlined below:

• Having all your mail activities anchored in one place meant it no longer made sense to have a separate GIGPDS dispatch center, which used to be the only place you could go to lovingly send off a letter. Everything will now go through the mailboxes sprinkled throughout the world (and a good thing too, as they were more of them to begin with).

• To let you fire off a quick response to whoever may have written you, you can reply right away (no need to add that player to your friends list first — though if they're a particularly accomplished pen pal, it might be a good idea anyway).

• All regular mail will now be delivered at what used to be the "Express" speed (one minute) rather than eight minutes — and the price has been reduced to 2₡ (was: 20₡). This’ll keep those frog legs as limber and sinewy as ever!

• Mail with attachments will take two minutes and incur an additional charge of 10% of the value of attachments, up to a maximum total charge of 200₡ (sending 5,000₡ will cost the same as a whopping 5 million₡ delivery) … think of it as “insurance”. With the faster delivery times for and the cap on attachment fees, GIGPDS is a better value for your package sending than ever!

So, go try it all out! Drop a line to a long-lost peat digging pal, or send a care package to a friend in need. They'll be able to reply in a jiff, no pain involved.

Posted 12 years ago by Blanky Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Awesome! :) And I got to hear GOD speak for the first time in-game. :D
    Posted 12 years ago by Serpent Subscriber! | Permalink
  • [This post has been deleted]
    Posted 12 years ago by Pavida Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Sounds great!  One question:  is it now possible to send multiple attachments with one message?
    Posted 12 years ago by Splendora Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yay!
    Posted 12 years ago by Little Miss Giggles Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It was driving me B-A-T-T-Y not being able to directly reply to a message. And now I don't have to travel 3 streets to mail someone. So happy for this news! Thank you :D
    Posted 12 years ago by Wynella Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Awesome!
    Posted 12 years ago by Princess Sarah Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This will definitely help me as I have an in-game game where I drop a note in the bag of a sleeping Glitch and if they e-mail it back to me I send them a gift. Up to now I had to keep track of the notes I received (which were sometimes not from the person I left the note with) and who I got them from. Now I can just reply. Much easier. is there still a local option that gets delivered to a mailbox and an express option that comes via frog? I love having mailboxes wiggle at me.
    Posted 12 years ago by BarryW Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I've been wishing for a better system. Thanks. :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Sierra Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Brilliant!!! I was just thinking about this last night as I  ran off to find a GIGPDS to post a reply..thinking man I wish we could reply from the mail box LOL ... YAY..GOD read my mind  lol ty :-P x 
    Posted 12 years ago by Cryztal Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I like! :D
    Posted 12 years ago by Daffy Lurksalot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • While the new system is very nice - sending items is way too expensive now :( I'll have to start waiting for my friends to get online so I can hand deliver them...
    Posted 12 years ago by Tsuki Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I actually started talking to God for fun.
    GOD Nice night/day isn't it?
    You  @GOD yes, yes it is
    GOD Nice night/day to be able to reply to mail messages isn't it?!
    You  @God OK.
    GOD Well it's time for a new mail system, but in order to show you all that glorious newness, I need to reload you all. So you have 1 minute!
    You  @GOD But... but I just got on :'(
    GOD Here we go!
    You  @GOD NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
    You  @GOD Well that was pretty quick.
    (Copied and Pasted right from chat box)
    Posted 12 years ago by Jodeik Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Splendora, still only one attachment per letter for now. 

BarryW, the frog will always be the one to deliver your mail if you are online in a reachable location in the game. But mail delivered while you're off-line will still get your mailbox to wiggle. 
    Posted 12 years ago by Blanky Subscriber! | Permalink
  • For a minute I thought I was getting the Moses treatment but it turns out god was talking to everyone.  I THOUGHT OUR RELATIONSHIP WAS SPECIAL.
    Posted 12 years ago by L.Mary Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Aweeeesoooomeeeee, thanks! I don't send many attachments, so the changes seem great to me, thanks <3
    Posted 12 years ago by Mandy.23 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Very nice!

— Mal'akhPrimate of LemPrimus Inter Pares of the Orthodox Church of the Giants of Ur,Hubby of ArannaShriner of Mullangi Meda
    Posted 12 years ago by Mal'akh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • So cool ; )cant wait to try it ;) Thanks ! ;) (also first time to hear god in game o_O !)
    Posted 12 years ago by serenitycat Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Woo! Reply is awesome! Thank you for all your haggling with the postal bureaucrocs for us :) 

(who knew frogs would work for crocs?! only in glitch!)

Do you think the crocs will ever see fit to give us mass delete? Some of us have been, um, rather purchase-y in the auction house and have loads of "here are your auction purchases" mails that seem to make loading the box take for-freakin-ever and at about 7s to delete each one for-freakin-ever to clean out. (a glitch can dream!)

ETA: OMG BEST UPDATE EVER! You can do mass delete! AND mass accept all! It's not even my birthday *sniff* (it's the little arrow-y thing if you're curious and haven't seen it)
    Posted 12 years ago by Vera Strange Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I am having an issue: When I create a new message, it won't let me send it unless I have text in the message section, so if I just want to send a package, I am now required to fill in something.  This was not the case in the past, and I don't like this change.

Also, I AM allowed to send something without a message in the message section IF I am replying to another message.
    Posted 12 years ago by Botia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The integration is quite nice, but a) I think the blue mailboxes look cooler, and b) it was nice to be able to send mail directly to the mailbox.  Frog mail can be a bit annoying, especially if you didn't ask for it.
    Posted 12 years ago by larky lion Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Mailing items is more expensive, but at least letters are much cheaper! :D it certainly makes sense based on how rl parcels are usually priced.
    Posted 12 years ago by Lara Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I LOVE THIS CHANGE!

I was just whining to myself this morning over the lack of a reply to feature in our mail. Now I can send goodies back to people who send stuff to me without ever leaving my doorstep. Yes, I picked my house just because there is a mailbox on my doorstep. <3
    Posted 12 years ago by Kaessa Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Blanky - Thanks for the response.  The reply feature and new pricing are great.
    Posted 12 years ago by Splendora Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Praise Friendly!
    Posted 12 years ago by Djabriil Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks for the quick response, blanky.
    Posted 12 years ago by BarryW Subscriber! | Permalink
  • So awesome. (Would have made the lottery 68% less of a pain in the butt.)
    Posted 12 years ago by Lord Bacon-o Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Another example of responsiveness from the TS Team (aka God). Very nice!
    Posted 12 years ago by Pascale Subscriber! | Permalink
  • this will help make secret missions by mail easier
    Posted 12 years ago by Artilect Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The new mail system is definitely an improvement, BUT... when the Frog delivers, the message is so fleeting!!! Unless you are by a mailbox, there's no way to re-read it once dismissed. Could it please be transcribed into our local chat box, so that we can refer to it after dismissing the Yoga Frog?
    Posted 12 years ago by Pascale Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh geez I wish I had seen this post earlier.  I traveled all across Ur looking for those stupid blue boxes and they were all gone >_<!!! 
    Posted 12 years ago by ♪♥~ Auren ~♥♪ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Really appreciate the changes, HOWEVER.. I think that the premium for sending items is rather exorbitant.
    Posted 12 years ago by Princess Fi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It would have been nice if you had sent everyone a mail to notify of this change. :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Califragi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Would have been better if all of the GIGPDS dispatch centers had been replaced with mailboxes and the amounts that could be sent were not restricted.
    Posted 12 years ago by Leithwyn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Sweet! A much needed change, and very appreciated. Thank you for listening - once more - to our requests.
    Posted 12 years ago by Heatseeker Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I like the whole new system.  The old system was good too.  The challenge of having separate send and receive terminals was quaint and interesting.
    Posted 12 years ago by Parrow Gnolle Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ...well...ya know the old adage 'you can't please everybody...'?

I love the new system - except - I really dislike that the mail is now 'instantly' delivered if the recipient is online.  Sometimes, I like to surprise my friends and send them a little something, I enjoyed being able to send it regular mail and know that the next time they walked past a mailbox it would wiggle at 'em.

I wish there was an option to 'only send to mailbox' ... and, yes, I could look at my friends list of people in game, and wait until the intended recipient was off line, but, honestly, an option for regular mail would be sooo much better.
    Posted 12 years ago by Firestone1960 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Durn Glitchlings!

Why, in my day we had to walk 10 streets in the snow uphill both ways if we wanted to send mail and then 10 streets uphill both ways if we wanted read the reply.
    Posted 12 years ago by Warrender Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Looks good, however the huge lag caused by large number of mails is still a pain.
    Posted 12 years ago by Utopia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • innerGlitch says - Excellent!
    Posted 12 years ago by MeherMan Subscriber! | Permalink
  • With the GIGPDS boxes gone, what happens with those in the middle of "Play by Mail" quest?
    Posted 12 years ago by Doh Nuan Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Be nice to have a linkage to the API for the mail :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Fokian Fool Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yay - great! And... <3 for using 'bureaucrocs'!
    Posted 12 years ago by Hburger Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I would love to be able to have an option to auto-delete auction mail once I've taken the item. <3
    - Thanks for the new system, I like it :3
    Posted 12 years ago by Kelvs Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ohh thanks for fixing the problem I had earlier :) <3
  • Thank goodness.
    Posted 12 years ago by Cerulean Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Much appreciated!
    Posted 12 years ago by Codex Subscriber! | Permalink
  • <3 <3 <3

Auto-delivery is awesome but at times inconvenient. To account for those times I would like to suggest the use of "accept" and "dismiss" verbs. If Yo-Frog comes to visit I am prompted to "accept" or "dismiss" dismiss" Yo-Frog. Accept gets me the message. Dismiss acknowledges that I have a message, but does not stop the mailbox from wiggling. It will still wiggle as a reminder of the presence of a new unread message, but players would no longer be followed until accepting the message.
    Posted 12 years ago by g33kgurrl Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I always have a chat with GOD when he pops up..it makes me giggle to think how many people are replying to him... and no wonder he cant get a word in edge ways haha!!  
    Posted 12 years ago by Cryztal Subscriber! | Permalink
  • While "reply" is great, and the postal price reductions welcome in these straitened times, I do nonetheless miss the facility to choose the style of delivery, and I lament the loss of the old blue mailboxes to the relentless, cold logic of progress. Classic, visually appealing design, yer blue mailbox, which had become a comfortingly familiar part of the landscape in an ever-changing Ur. 
    Posted 12 years ago by "big" Eric Hunt Subscriber! | Permalink
  • So I'm curious how this all works now.... one friend was sending me mail (with attachments) and I was receiving it by frog, however another friend sent a test message (no attachment) and it went to my mailbox.Is the frog only for attachments?  Not quite grasping how everything is sent...
    Posted 12 years ago by Marla Singer Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I guess you could always write a note and mail that if you needed to get it to someone out in the field?