Topic

Bring Back Asslandina

Name changes are confusing---ask Prince.

Posted 12 years ago by Rennie Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

Previous 1 2
  • Bring back "Asslandina"? It was called "Asslandia" initially, but your suggestion is a bit better than that, maybe, but it's also yet another change.
    Posted 12 years ago by Janitch Subscriber! | Permalink
  • No. Sexual double entendre are one thing, but 'poop jokes' appeal to the lowest denominator of intellectually barren adolescence.

I wish they'd ditch the whole thing.

The entrance portals despoil the landscape. They're jarringly incongruous. The imagery is crass.

For a game that references Sartre and makes puns in Latin... I don't know... This was the first time I've been disappointed with Glitch.

Thank you for changing the name.
    Posted 12 years ago by DUG1138 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 DUG1138
    Posted 12 years ago by Janitch Subscriber! | Permalink
  • No need to get butthurt.

(see what i did thar lol)

A potty-humor non sequitur by any other name is still... idk, amusing if that's what you're into.
    Posted 12 years ago by Annuska Subscriber! | Permalink
  • You jump up INTO THE ASS-HOLE OF AN ANIMAL. No thanks. Glitch is not for me anymore.
    Posted 12 years ago by Bashere Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Nobody's requiring you to... I'm having a lot of fun with it though.
    [insert rant about how not all the game's content has to cater to one specific person here]
    Posted 12 years ago by Jus​tin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I miss it Asslandia.
    Posted 12 years ago by Jesus Christ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I thought it was designed adorablely while still being slightly gross at the same time, THUS AWESOME.
    Posted 12 years ago by HAVOK PEW SUMMERS Subscriber! | Permalink
  • omg making Sartre jokes and latin puns doesn't exclude enjoying a good poop joke.

I'd vote for Asslandia. It's ok for the 13+crowd. And unless you're going to change all the art we're still jumping into a mouth and comming out under the tail...

Also, if you don't like it...there are literally a thousand other places you can be. A little crudeness is better than blandness. Shirm srhim blah, it's the strip-mall of names when compared to Asslandia
    Posted 12 years ago by M<3tra, obviously Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Some of you need to, oh I dunno, knock back a cup of concrete and harden up.
    Posted 12 years ago by Daddy Bunchie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Awe, there goes all the good ass jokes!  :(

Of course, it takes a certain intestinal fortitude to appreciate potty humor.  ;)

TS, Asslandia is a kick in the pants, please give us back the butt of the jokes!

Yes, lame stuff, but hey, Someone had to do it!

;)
    Posted 12 years ago by Li'll Missy Brenda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • as a latin scholar and an individual with a high IQ...I love it and I am crazy about potty humor.  my whole family also has fun with potty humor and none of us are intellectually barren adolescents let alone the lowest blah blah blah.  ahh, I remember when I was an adolescent and I would get in trouble for needing help with Sartre when I was supposed to be working on Economics...those were the days. *poop*
    (did your read that with a sarcastic tone??  sorry, but I felt insulted.)
    Posted 12 years ago by Minkey Subscriber! | Permalink
  • NEW IDEA

Compromise. Just call it Butts. 

There, problem solved.
    Posted 12 years ago by HAVOK PEW SUMMERS Subscriber! | Permalink
  • http://www.glitch.com/forum/general/29029/299532/

That's assuming I got the translation right.

EDIT:

Hah!!!

http://www.glitch.com/forum/general/29029/299540/
    Posted 12 years ago by Mal'akh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • If being up a dinosaur's butt is wrong, then I don't wanna be right.
    Posted 12 years ago by The Docta Subscriber! | Permalink
  •  I love Asslandia as a region name. It reminds me of both the Chronicles of Narnia and of Captain Underpants. And if children are not ashamed of their underpants, we should not be ashamed of the intestinal tracts of huge, extinct herbivores. At least I hope these were herbivores. Ewww.
    Posted 12 years ago by Mistress*of*Fishies Subscriber! | Permalink
  • re: Jokes in latin somehow being tasteful and always classy: See en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catallus (and read his translated surviving works.)
    Posted 12 years ago by Murri Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I NEVER GOT THE CHANCE TO VISIT ASSLANDIA! The name didn't even stick for 24h? Thanks a lot, prudes who complained... *grumble*
    Posted 12 years ago by Batsquatch Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I suspect no one in Europe did, since the land appeared while we were sleeping, and it's not even 7 am GMT now and it's gone :(

Boo, guys, boo. Give your BETAs some chance to respond...

edit: Hm, maybe it is still accessible? I got a bunch of errors when clicking on snapshots, but some of the street pages in the encyclopaedia do work. don't have time to make sure now anyway.
    Posted 12 years ago by Cefeida Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Batsquatch and Cefeida: it's still there — just the name has changed. There are links to the all the entrances and other details in this blog post: www.glitch.com/blog/2012/11...
    Posted 12 years ago by stoot barfield Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oo...sounds like fun!!
    Gonna go check it out now!!
    Posted 12 years ago by sgjo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • :) Yay. Thank you :) It sounds awfully crude, but I don't really care.
    Posted 12 years ago by Cefeida Subscriber! | Permalink
  • No, I meant I never got to visit when Asslandia was actually called Asslandia. I'm incredibly disappointed that you guys chose to change the name. You could have polled us or something -- looks like the majority of people speaking here weren't offended in the slightest. And the ones who are butthurt probably have no sense of humor and get their glitchy little feathers ruffled whenever the wood trees make innuendo. Sigh. I wish you'd had the cojones to keep the name Asslandia. That was hilarious.
    Posted 12 years ago by Batsquatch Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It'll always be Asslandia to me -  a rose by any other name
    Posted 12 years ago by IrenicRhonda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I like sausages.
    Posted 12 years ago by Candy Warhol Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 DUG1138 First streaking, now this--the juvenile & scatological "humor" is becoming extremely off-putting.
    Posted 12 years ago by Berry Goode Subscriber! | Permalink
  • "Sausages"
    Posted 12 years ago by shhexy corin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • "Teabags"
  • "Flange"
  • "Kumquat"
    Posted 12 years ago by Agnes Snatchflannel Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I think I'll enjoy being a bum nugget.

Edit, also think its really not worthy of getting your panties in a bunch about it, they are completely avoidable parts of the game.
    Posted 12 years ago by jiva Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I thought I'd seen everything when Glitch introduced dinosaur-bum-based-teleportation, until I saw people complaining about this awesome innovation.

Are all MMO forums filled with people having a whinge about every little thing, or is this just a Glitch thing (this is not a rhetorical question... well, maybe 10% rhetorical, but I do often wonder)
    Posted 12 years ago by Geeki Yogini Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Geeki: To be fair, most MMO forums are exponentially worse, not just in that way but every other way.

And as they'd say to the pearl-clutchers: QQ moar. I hear Nottis is lovely this time of year.
    Posted 12 years ago by ZenMonkey Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I dunno. Asslandia probably sounded a lot better as an office joke rather than an actual in-game thing. It doesn't make my wizened miserable face even crack into a smile. Although the dinos are cute. The 'naughty' pun aspect of Glitch is probably my least favourite thing about the game  - I just don't find it interesting.
    Posted 12 years ago by Mildmay Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I prefer the second choice name: Taintville
    Posted 12 years ago by ☣ elf ☣ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It brings new meaning to Brown Noseing :) or arse kissing!
    Posted 12 years ago by ~Annie~ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm disappointed in the name change. I am voting to change it back. Shim Shiri or what the F you changed it too sounds to much like a random street name in a boring region than the exciting multifaceted butt world. TS stop catering to the faint hearted!
    Posted 12 years ago by Papa Legba Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Although fun, the sleeping dinosaur heads and Shim Shiri don't seem very much like the Glitch we have grown to love.  It does seem the giants were having some kind of weird dream that spilled into the streets. 
    Posted 12 years ago by Miss Muffett Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I don't care what the name is, but I do care when a self-righteous player tells someone to "go away and stay away" after casting her supreme judgement upon him. Here's a clue: judging someone by their social media pictures is very small minded.
    Posted 12 years ago by N2ZOrtolanaBlue Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I love the new idea you've put in to make it easier to travel around Ur. The toilet humour doesn't bother me, the name I have little opinion on and the location after falling out of the animals butt is colourful and fun. The problem I do have is the design of the "entrances". Until now everything fitted into Glitch and all the "portals" (the little doors in trees, the subways, the portal doors, even the signposts) merge into the landscape beautifully.
    So why o' why design these monstrosities and plonk them in the centre of a street where they have no connection to the landscape at all. They are ugly and not at all fitting with the usual Glitch design. Why? Why? Why? The recent additions to Ur have been stunning, the underwater Jal is breaktaking landscape design as is the new ice area.
    I don't understand, i simply don't understand. Please change the design of these entrances- they don't belong in Ur.
    Posted 12 years ago by Talia True Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Quirky, surrealist, playful, childlike in attitude but not content and riddled with a ragingly silly sense of humor. This is exactly the Glitch I know and love.
    Posted 12 years ago by FyodorD Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I vote FyodorD as official spokesglitch of Glitch. That was worded perfectly. 
    Posted 12 years ago by Papa Legba Subscriber! | Permalink
  • + a kagillion, FyodorD
    Posted 12 years ago by sgjo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I wasn't saying that the ideas and game play wasn't like the glitch we have grown to love. Seeing the dinosaurs, cute and all, plopped in the middle of some streets seemed like something else. Not Glitch. That is why I said the Giants must have been having some sort of weird dream that spilled into the streets. That is the only way I could make sense of it. Not saying that it HAS to make sense. Just wondering how they fit into the story of Glitch.
    What stands out is the fact it was still fun and I did enjoy myself.
  • Anyone who would be put off by this is not a person I want to play with.

Now excuse me while I "massage" some butterflies.
    Posted 12 years ago by E D D I E Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Now it just needs an underwater area called Atlantass.

For the record, I'm down with judging the judgmental, especially when they use all caps.  +1 Maruchan
    Posted 12 years ago by Shogo_Yahagi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 for Atlantass.
  • For reasons I don't really want to go into, this is Not Fun for me in a really big way. But that's okay, I have high level teleportation so I'm good.

"Butthurt" on the other hand is a meme that needs to die. Think of something else to call people who're upset about something you don't care about, like maybe "people who're upset about something I don't care about", or PWUASIDCAs for short. Pwu Acid Cars!
    Posted 12 years ago by Pyrrhocorax Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 for the original name. And I am glad I was able to be apart of it all when it was the cool name, not this wuzzy name.
    Posted 12 years ago by Tibbi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ok, I see the compromise but please don't mess with the design or the original use. Call it whatever you want but keep it there.
    Posted 12 years ago by Thursday Soleil Subscriber! | Permalink
Previous 1 2