Topic

The other PETITION where you leave your real name in a website and testify about your experience. [Only for those who want to]

EDIT: Sign here: http://www.change.org/petitions/tiny-speck-do-not-close-our-beloved-game-glitch#share
EDIT2: --------------

EDIT 3: This thread became a battle field which was not intended since the beginning. I feel responsible to defend those who kindly participated until now. They did it because they love this game as much as me and others who might have different points of view or opinions. We aren't forcing nobody to sign. Don't sign if you don't want to. Nobody wants you to do something against what you believe or what you feel right to do. But please respect who else might feel in a different way.

We know that the game is closing and that we can't stop it, but the soul will remain and it's all about that.
I hope that one day something like this experience can happen again, somehow...

This is the original text: Glitch community don't quit yet!
I would like to be the first to sign this petition in name of Glitch community. We all have a voice.
We don't want the end of Glitch (we don't even want to hear about such an hypotesis) and we want the sponsors to hear what we have to say.
Whoever is with me, please sign here and say +1 now!

Leandro 1+

Posted 11 years ago by Kul Koba Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

Previous 1 2
  • Tiny Speck has been really clear that there's no way they can keep Glitch going. It doesn't matter how much you (or every other player) wants it -- it just can't happen.
    Posted 11 years ago by duien Subscriber! | Permalink
  • :(
  • +1
    Posted 11 years ago by LanaLoo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    Edit: maybe sign here, too? www.change.org/petitions/ti...
    Posted 11 years ago by Daisy Blooms Subscriber! | Permalink
  • we can still state our preferences which is really all we CAN do :)
    Posted 11 years ago by LanaLoo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    Posted 11 years ago by Dr. Drizzle Subscriber! | Permalink
  • + 1

let the community run it if you can't, tiny speck!
    Posted 11 years ago by Torako Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks Daisy Blooms!
  • +1
    Posted 11 years ago by Mokta Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hey, those who haven't sign this yet. Don't make me be angry and please sign the petition. Apathy? Conformism? If the world would be perishing in front of you would you quit all and accept death quietly? Or would you do all you can and keep fighting?
    Where's your faith? Where's your love?
    As Vader would say: "I find your lack of faith disturbing".
    At least do it because you care, because you would like to keep enjoying this great game, that promotes friendship and altruism - that promotes a better world. We're 39 now and we're increasing.
    We are Glitch! We're its spirit!

www.change.org/petitions/ti...
  • While i'm sure this will make TS feel all warm and fuzzy, it isn't going to accomplish anything. The costs involved in running this game can't be covered by the community. Perhaps TS will decide to release the open source.... it will never be as good.
    Posted 11 years ago by Pixieyelsraek Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    Posted 11 years ago by tiggy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • i can see that your a " glass half full " kinda glitchPixieyelsraek
    Posted 11 years ago by tiggy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    Posted 11 years ago by Fawnie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    Posted 11 years ago by applecat Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Even if it does not prevent the game closing in the near future, signing this position gives a number to people who have influence and the means as the value of something in peoples' hearts. Right now there are no immediate options to prevent closure, but that does not mean there are no options for its future return. 

All video captures and snapshots everyone has taken of the game contributes to this. It markets the idea. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Fokian Fool Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    Posted 11 years ago by Jendaline Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    Posted 11 years ago by Pickle Bob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I would sign if there was even the slightest chance it would make a difference. From previous experience, petitions such as these do not work, I am sorry to say.  

I have no doubt the closing glitch was a very hard and difficult decision to make, done with great care and deliberation. I believe that stoot and staff did everything in their power to create the most delightful, engaging game ever imagined. I also believe that the company also did everything in their power to keep the game running for years and years. Sadly, it wasn't to be.
    Posted 11 years ago by GreyGoose Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Tiggy - you know what they say about assumptions ;-)

But, really, just because I actually read what TS had to say about the costs of running the game, 500K per month? Being a realist doesn't make me a Negative Nancy. The fact is, a petition isn't going to make this any more viable of a concept. The fact is the community itself cannot afford to run this game any more than the company could. Even if they opened a kickstarter, that would just be a band-aid. If you open it up to the users, and make private servers {think minecraft} then you are going to actually lose the community aspect, because people won't be there. Think the lag issues are bad now, with professional grade servers being run by professionals - that only gets worse when the users run personal PC servers.

And then who makes new content? Who bug fixes? Who stops cheaters/exploiters? Who runs anything? Who keeps the game fun without getting burnt out?

I love Glitch. I'm sad to see it go, but let's try to get past the denial stage and into the acceptance stage of mourning, so we can have a proper wake.
  • I am starting with something that I wrote earlier:

"You can read very nice things there. One is "It's a good game, and even if this doesn't help, the developers could use the gesture."
    And this is for those who don't want to bother to open a link on new tab sign the petition and write something: Shame!
    You know, I have been playing this game for more than one year. It's more than one game. It's a community, it's a world - it's a better world, where people share not only objects but emotions, moments, time together. Altruistic! It's unique! Do you think I would lose my time to ask people to sign something if I wouldn't care? Who cares if it doesn't work!?It makes me feel sad, and even angry to see so much apathy and conformism... really! Just sign... what harm can do?If the world would be perishing in front of you would you quit all and accept death quietly? Or would you do all you can and keep fighting? Where's your faith? Where's your love? As Vader would say: "I find your lack of faith disturbing". At least do it because you care, because you would like to keep enjoying this great game, that promotes friendship and altruism - that promotes a better world. We're 64 now and we're increasing. We are Glitch! We're its spirit! And this is all about the spirit!"

I am tired to read the same used words: "Tiny Speck already said...", or "This won't change...", or even "...this might just put salt in the wound..."

I must say to this people (in a joke *doh* way):

"Shut up, and sign!" (Coming from an image created before - check and you'll understand) :)

If you don't want to think of it as a petition, then think of it as a goodbye post card. This is for us - to keep the spirit alive, to show our cooperation, to show this game is more than one game. It's a success!

More: the company won't close. So maybe one day, with different conditions, this might be possible. Don't we all wish that?

So now stop the "won't work" chitchat, go there, put your name and tell everyone about your lobe! ;)
  • @Fokian Fool +1)
  • +1
    Posted 11 years ago by IZA_C Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    Posted 11 years ago by bludwaggie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    Posted 11 years ago by Renlaise Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 aka I agree ;P
    Posted 11 years ago by babi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    Posted 11 years ago by Sad Pollen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    Posted 11 years ago by Harpsichord Subscriber! | Permalink
  • While I doubt signing a petition will save Glitch and I'm sure the people in charge of the game would close it unless there were no other options... I still like the idea and will sign. Just because I feel like the creators deserve to know how much we all support them and appreciate their hard work in making such a wonderful game. So even if signing won't save Glitch, I hope people will take the time to at least let the creators know how much we've all appreciated their bringing us this game, even if it must come to an end. So thanks Tiny Spec. I wish you all the best for the future.
    Posted 11 years ago by pipefan413 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    Posted 11 years ago by Nevermoree Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Many games throughout history have learned the same lesson, this exact same way. You cant make it for free. When offered for free, 90% wont pay, and 10% who do cant cover the costs to keep it running. 

This game, built in flash, could not overcome the obstacles to make it work as well as they wanted.  And because of that, the user base was staying rather small. 

Again though, I will say, when making it so easy for people to play for free, 90% will do that.  Maybe, if they can figure out the obstacles, or find a different platform to build this on (which would require another 2 yrs, and I doubt they want to even consider that), they could open glitch back up as a pay only service (like There.com).

Any way.........I doubt it will happen, and I seriously doubt a petition will do anything at all.  As stoot said the buck stops when him and he says its time to close. So, that's that.
    Posted 11 years ago by Innie✿, Obviously Subscriber! | Permalink
  • unless we add enough +1s!

that'll do it
    Posted 11 years ago by shhexy corin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hey Nevermoree!! XD

Ambillina +1
    Posted 11 years ago by Ambillina Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The petition is now going on the website Change.org and we are 147 at this moment.
    You can find the link on the topic of this thread and here.
    I already wrote about this petition twice, explaining why it worth to be signed, and you can read the comment above, and this thread, in the group "A Moving Experience", which was the last thing to be written.

@Innie✿ I agree. Please read this: http://www.glitch.com/groups/RNVAUTANVHD2HPI/discuss/13723/
  • We now have 168 signatures!! Even if this petition doesn't result in our hoped-for immediate message from Tiny Speck that it will keep Glitch going, I hope that it will send a message to the Powers That Be that Glitch is a game with a passionate player base that is worth pursuing... :-)
    Posted 11 years ago by Daisy Blooms Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm pretty sure just looking at the forums or the closing glitch thread you can see how passionate the player base is. Personally, I think petitions are a complete waste of time.
    Posted 11 years ago by Gwyn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    Posted 11 years ago by Andrasia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • And this is for those who don't want to bother to open a link on new tab sign the petition and write something: Shame!
    I must say to this people: "Shut up, and sign!"

Kul Koba, you are being a bully, and I will not be shamed into doing anything.
    Posted 11 years ago by dm Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    Posted 11 years ago by jazzcrash Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Agree with dm there. Anytime someone says «shut up & sign!» that just sends me running the opposite way.
    @kul koba
    I would rather do something else that shows that I love this game and do not want to see it end.
    The idea is great but your way of trying to make us sign that petition is not.
    Posted 11 years ago by Jeasilver Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 to Gwyn, dm, and Jeasilver.
  • If only it were as simple as signing a petition. *sigh*
    Posted 11 years ago by Lucille Ball Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    Posted 11 years ago by Kristabel Subscriber! | Permalink
  • To those who already signed: Thank you very much!

@Lucille Ball .... My dear I should be *sigh"... You didn't read.
    Please do it.

To you @Dm, @Jeasilver, @Pixieyelsraek, who seems to support what they said, and others... All the others... don't take this is the bad way - It's just one thought I have to share with you: All I have to say is that either you don't understand the meaning of metaphors, jokes, humorous speech, etc, or else that's the typical (and very very silly) thing I have seen here many times, unfortunately: people complaining for all the (minor) reasons you can imagine. At the same time I admit that maybe could have been a problem of how I express myself (I am not a native english speaker) and how many times I forget to contextualize what I say. I forget that sometimes people have not all the same amount of information at a certain time. So for that I am sorry. Read this and check this image (made before the text). Maybe it helps to contextualize what I said, which was intended to be humorous and not "bullying" or all that silly things pointed...
    I will also put the image link on the comment right away.
  • @Gwyn  "I'm pretty sure just looking at the forums or the closing glitch thread you can see how passionate the player base is. Personally, I think petitions are a complete waste of time."

I disagree. 
    It's not a waste of time. And if they would be they wouldn't even exist. Petitions are actions/statements themselves.
    Forums are good for the community to read about everything, a place to discuss and debate, but not evidently exposed to the world outside. Comparing petitions to forum debates, away from the "eyes of the world" simply doesn't make any sense.
    Also don't forget that in order for people outside to read they have to firstly enter in forums.
    I think it's important to state to the world our experience and the importance of this project. It's more than one game, it was/is a game that promotes values what the world most needs: altruism, sense of justice, cooperation, friendship... all that and many other things more.
    Also if you want a chance for Glitch to be resurrected one day, is better to speak loud "we are here and we want this" then be passive or stay in a forum that it's for the community only commenting.
    What I see in forums is people often regretting the end of everything, stating that they love this very much, and that they would do whatever you could to keep it. While in reality what they have done? They don't even want to bother to try... to sign some simple thing... to put their real names there and write a testimony. And that people, whose actions are contradictory with their words, I simply can't understand.
  • +1 and I signed :)

P.S. The petition is up to 189 signatures now.
    Posted 11 years ago by Reni's Mum Subscriber! | Permalink
  • In this case. Yes. Petitions are a waste of time. This game is never going to come back again. It's over. It's sad, and yeah I'm going to miss it like crazy, but there is nothing anyone can do about it.
  • +1 for anything that shows ts how much we appreciate their hard work and dedication to Glitch and how much we want the game to keep going!
    Posted 11 years ago by tuqui Subscriber! | Permalink
  • you honestly think the MANY petitions on change.org, the important ones with social/political issues, this tiny Glitch related one is sending a message to anyone not looking for the peition for Glitch?

You have now changed your reasoning for the petition multiple times. First and foremost, the petition was to save glitch. THEN it was a way to show TS we care. NOW it is to show the world we care? Your logic is flawed, and every time someone puts up a logical repsonse, you change what you are saying.

Native english or not, your tone came across just fine - it is your sense of humor that doesn't. Shut up and sign - even as a "funny" batman hitting robin comic, just comes off as bullyish and immature.

Gwyn, and many others, have already stated - The forums, the emails, the tweets, the pictures, the utter outpourring of love for Tiny Speck is what shows TS how much we love them. The petition doesn't add to that. Wasting the resources on another website with a petition that was *originally* meant to save glitch by whining and begging not to close it {and has potential to confuse people who don't understand they CAN'T do that} is just silly. I'm not saying people can't sign, if they want to they can do whatever they want. I'm not judging anyone for signing. I simply think people need to be reasonable, logical, and realistic in this.

QUOTING KUL KOBA:
    Also if you want a chance for Glitch to be resurrected one day, is better to speak loud "we are here and we want this" then be passive or stay in a forum that it's for the community only commenting.
    What I see in forums is people often regretting the end of everything, stating that they love this very much, and that they would do whatever you could to keep it. While in reality what they have done? They don't even want to bother to try... to sign some simple thing... to put their real names there and write a testimony. And that people, whose actions are contradictory with their words, I simply can't understand
    END QUOTE
    TS is FULLY aware that no one wants Glitch to close. There are TONS of forum posts about it. I don't see how those of us who opt not to sign the petition are contradictory. Those of us who realize and recognise what Stoot himself has said, in many ways, about why Glitch cannot be save, how those of us who are not in some form of denial or bargaining, are utterly in the wrong. I am doing something. I'm celebrating my time with Glitch. I'm thanking TS in my own way. I'm accepting what has to happen and not making TS feel worse about what has to happen, dispite any anger I may feel about how it is going down. Would I love to save Glitch - of course, sure! Can it be - no. Is signing your petition really going to do anything that the MANY users begging on the forums haven't already tried? No.
  • Thank you Pixieyelsraek, you said it much better then I could.
Previous 1 2