Topic

Two Streets That Are Essentially the Same ... Which One Has Been Locked Away for All This Time? (and a 3rd street, plus another set of duplicates)

I never noticed that two streets in Groddle Meadow have the exact same background layers and platform designs. The only difference is the foreground objects and sign posts. Both streets even have the same Shrine to Tii.

Surely one of these streets was meant to have a different design but somehow was overwritten by the other street? No two streets in Ur share the exact same background combination... If so, will we see the real visage for the suppressed street before the end?

The two streets:
Eglesgown Wanks
Greenvern Mend

Update: moucri has made some further observations.

Briarset Croft is also essentially the same as Eglesgown Wanks and Greenvern Mend.

and these two streets look the same and both have Shrine to Mab:
Brinlow Vale
Welldale

Update 2: Hburger has the answer! http://www.glitch-strategy.com/2011/11/a-look-back-street-upgrades/

Posted 11 years ago by TomC Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Dayum! Nice catch TomC!
    Posted 11 years ago by Mal'akh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Weird! You have an eye for detail, don't let the devs get away with street-copying! ;)
    Posted 11 years ago by OMG BACON!! Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Well, if it is a mistake, it's too late to care anyways.
    Posted 11 years ago by Palindrome Subscriber! | Permalink
  • These are the same too (the same as each other):

Brinlow Vale
    Welldale
    Posted 11 years ago by moucri Subscriber! | Permalink
  • but one has a secret portal, moucri.....
    Posted 11 years ago by AwesomeCardinal2000 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Also, Briarset Croft is the same background as Eglesgown Wanks and Greenvern Mend, but has a different vendor and shrine...
    Posted 11 years ago by moucri Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh wow, didn't notice that either, good catch moucri!
    Posted 11 years ago by TomC Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Those matching streets also have matching high-img quoins.  I think I leveled through my 40s doing those rounds.....
    Posted 11 years ago by oscarette Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I think maybe it was street projects back in the old days of Glitch.
    Posted 11 years ago by Sororia Rose Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Love Eglesgown Wanks :)
    Posted 11 years ago by tiptronic Subscriber! | Permalink
  • No wonder Groddle Meadow felt pretty repetitive. But I do believe every other region had unique streets. :)
    Posted 11 years ago by kalsangikid Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 oscarette, I had noticed all the matching streets as well due to matching high-img quoins during my rounds as well, haha. :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Touya Subscriber! | Permalink
  • esglgown wanks doesnt have a dullite. the other 2 do. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Kristabel Subscriber! | Permalink
  • They're that way because when we were unlocking/upgrading those streets two years ago, we chose similar design options. 

I did a "Look back" GS blog post about it a while ago - http://www.glitch-strategy.com/2011/11/a-look-back-street-upgrades/, which you might want to put in to the forum post, TomC :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Hburger Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Those are some of my favorite streets in Groddle. I love that they were player-chosen! Thanks for the article, Hburger!
    Posted 11 years ago by Lucille Ball Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I will always remember how, once upon a time, I got to help make a rainbow.
    Posted 11 years ago by katlazam Subscriber! | Permalink