Topic

New Glitch! (CLOSED) please read why (you may be able to come back)

Well... Due to the staff of forums being rude and mean, I am stopping this... Little pound cake has no heart... She just closed it and then forgot... Apparently, if one cold hearted person can't let me do this, then I won't... Why little poundcake?

EDIT: you CAN join IF you email me at niic222@gmail.com

Posted 11 years ago by GOĐ Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

1 2 3 Next
  • I appreciate your eagerness to believe this my friends, because I would give a lot to make Glitch return, but remember what they say "If it sounds too good to be true, it's a troll". er, isn't that how the saying goes?
    Posted 11 years ago by Wynella Subscriber! | Permalink
  • and aside from all the usual trolling, there was this thread:

www.glitch.com/forum/genera...
    Posted 11 years ago by flask Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ahaha.
    Posted 11 years ago by SeerQueen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Even if this were just starting up and in alpha by now there should be at least a homepage setup but I don't see anything posted ... in the words of shark tank "I'm out" 
    Posted 11 years ago by BlackWolf Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks all for posting links to all of god's previous troll-fests. Alas....a Glitch can dream but it was too good to be true. Like many I was suspicious (but hopeful). Even more suspicious when I wrote to ask about the Player Manager positions and was "added" in the thread before hearing anything back. My 2nd message, asking for a link to the site to confirm that it exists as mentioned in the thread, has gone unanswered. Grrrr!
    Posted 11 years ago by The Cat Face Subscriber! | Permalink
  • "if we can have permission to copy thousands of things" is, like, the biggest red flag for douchebaggery here.  That isn't an OK request of any artist, of any company.
    Posted 11 years ago by Persephone Pear Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It's too bad that it turns out the whole thing was a wind up.  It just goes to show how bad some of us want to participate in something as special as Glitch. After re-reading the OP and The Cat Face's post, I have blocked the OP and remove myself from any connection to this misguided joke.

Having said that, I'm saddened by and embarrassed for a number of the people posting responses on this thread.  After having read the links which Soupie posted, I'm not so sure that was a proof of GOD's trolling, as much as it was a proof of the mobbing behavior of some individuals that played this game. 

In both of those old threads, people were quick to jump on him and then mob rule took over and you all seemed to take delight and get your giggles out of harassing him.  If you ask me, the trolls were the ones who egged him on, not the OP.

In light of that, I don't blame him one bit for making this thread and I hope he had a hearty laugh. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Goddess Freya Subscriber! | Permalink
  • If it looks like a troll and sounds like a troll, then it's probably a troll. I find no enjoyment in this "joke," if you will. This is no time for a joke such as this. This should have stayed in his head and not ever made it to the keyboard. It's not cynicism; it's realism.
    Posted 11 years ago by Osiris χ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • hmm...
    Posted 11 years ago by drakodood Subscriber! | Permalink
  • There were some innocent folks taken in by this thread who were not involved in any sort of trolling or baiting of the OP whatsoever, previously or currently. They read the thread, got excited and got their hopes up, only to have them dashed. Regardless of the behaviour of others toward the OP in the past--which, to my mind, does *not* justify tomfoolery such as the claims made in the OP here--previously uninvolved players were hurt by this bout of shenanigans, and that, to me, is most shameful of all. I hold him completely responsible after seeing some of my friends get their hopes up and subsequently feel embarrassed about it (all while talking about how much they miss Glitch), and I hope he did *not* have a hearty laugh and instead felt ashamed and rotten for causing hurt to blameless, grieving people.
    Posted 11 years ago by Voluptua Sneezelips Subscriber! | Permalink
  • *epicfacepalm*
    Posted 11 years ago by Akane Tuna Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Freya-I can assure you my post (as well as my responses in the post I linked) were supported with my own one on one interactions with the OP.  Others in those posts can say the same.  It's altogether presumptuous and unnecessary to slander my name (as I was included as a responder in those threads) when all I was doing was pointing out publicly available information to people who I care about in an effort to save them additional heartbreak. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Soupie♨ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Honestly, if this is real, sign me up.
    If not...*Insert words*
    Posted 11 years ago by 3jm2fg1gc Subscriber! | Permalink
  • If any shred of this is true, I'm in. 
    Given that it's the poster that it is, it's probably trolling, in which case:  GRR. 

But seriously, if anyone ever does start up something that becomes a Glitch Reborn sort of deal, count me in.  Totally and completely.  And if there's a need for a data analyst for the shebang that can work from home, talk to me and we'll work something out.
    Posted 11 years ago by WhizGidget Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm surprised that anyone believes it would be so easy to reproduce Glitch (quite aside from the question of whether the OP is a troll).

Maybe it's just because I'm a software developer too, but it's kind of insulting to TS...
    Posted 11 years ago by Janitch Subscriber! | Permalink
  • if glitch were easy and cheap enough to run on a shoestring, TS would not have closed it.

nuff sed.
    Posted 11 years ago by flask Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Please though, if you think you could lend us a hand over here:
    gourdianknot.com/

Come along! We're just starting out and who knows if it'll work out but everyone working on GourdianKnot is passionate about getting another game together with the same community focus in mind that we had here.
    Posted 11 years ago by Moehr Ossum Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Give him a chance. No use putting someone down, troll or not.
    Posted 11 years ago by OMG BACON!! Subscriber! | Permalink
  • STUPEFIED.  (As TS spent years developing the game, you spent those very same years shadow-coding the very same game, already indistinguishable from their game.... except you've never made any assets?   I do not even understand this fable.)
    Posted 11 years ago by oscarette Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Moerh Ossum - Done :) I look forward to seeing how it develops (while trying to figure out something to contribute).
    Posted 11 years ago by Djabriil Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Shameful, on too many counts to number. Not least of which is the elevation my heart felt when I believed it for a second.
    And Moehr Ossum, I signed up for your game and wish you all the luck regardless. I liked the rigor of what I've seen so far.
    Posted 11 years ago by Booknerd Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I <3 you Vol
    Posted 11 years ago by Li'll Missy Brenda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Goddess Freya

The people being cynical weren't doing it for some high and mighty kick and I think it's awfully rude and hypocritical of you to defend him by saying "It's ok to trust" and ignoring imperical evidence that he's done this stuff before. In those posts and here, people are telling you that they've dealt with Spirit and been taken advantage of.

Perhaps you should take your own advice and be quiet and wait to see if he comes back and this isn't all some sort of joke, rather than put down good people who were and are deeply affected by the closing of the game they love and have now been mocked and been taken advantage of.

Your comment hoping he got a good laugh might be even more cruel than his post.
    Posted 11 years ago by railroadbaron Subscriber! | Permalink
  • We're not supposed to "call out" other players, so sometimes we turn to sarcasm or light mockery in order to get our points across without running afoul of the TOS.  I'm sure that no one here is trying to make a well-intentioned person look bad.
    Posted 11 years ago by glum pudding Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oops, this thread is going to the Bad Place. 

<Locks, gives key to giant Golden Eagle>
    Posted 11 years ago by Little Poundcake Subscriber! | Permalink
1 2 3 Next