Topic

Underwater Inhabitants and Trees

Jal lacks inhabitants and trees. Maybe in Jal, we could have crabs running around, but also some underwater plant life (that doesn't need any watering, of course!) that can be harvested! And then fishes. Fishes make the world go round.

Plant life ideas:
Seaweed Plant - Seaweed could probably used as an ingredient mostly for potions or food

Inhabitants ideas:
Giant oysters - They replace the street spirits of the region- but they are 'Luck Vendors', as you can buy small oysters, maybe each of different 'rank' (but also different price) and open them to try to find a pearl, or currants, or something.
Crabs - Just putting them there too
Fish - They could be like the equivalent of pigs in the overworld- Able to be nibbled to obtain Fish Filets.
Narwhals - Because yes

Please +1 if you support this idea and maybe suggest inhabitants or plants! I will put suggestions on the original post to keep it organized!

Posted 12 years ago by Seeen Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• other thread about underwater animals www.glitch.com/forum/ideas/...

the vendor was missing in the other thread
    maybe instead of seaweed there could be adapted jellysacs
    and there should also be a sub masked rube in Jal :D
    Posted 12 years ago by Zean Subscriber! | Permalink
  • THREAD, I BUMP THEE
  • +1 I crave more 'special' areas in Glitch.
    Posted 12 years ago by Cefeida Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Seaweed should be gathered, reduced to ash, and smelted in conjunction with pails of sand to make molten glass that we can blow into beakers and test tubes. The recipes for items like Crystalmalizing chambers and blenders could be adjusted to include glass.
    Posted 12 years ago by Liza Throttlebottom Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Jal has a glaring lack of barnacles! Certainly they can be normally harvested elsewhere, but aren't barnacles creatures of the sea as well? ;D
    Posted 12 years ago by Norkia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    Posted 12 years ago by Sad Pollen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1!
    Posted 12 years ago by Kristabel Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    Posted 12 years ago by SwimmerinJaws Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    Posted 12 years ago by Ezme Subscriber! | Permalink
  • We're losing it!

*defibrillater of bump*
  • +1 the Giant Oysters as vendors are awesome =D and a small treasure box (oyster, whatever) with a sliding scale (3+? available) with different 'prizes' would be fun. I would definitely spend currants on them ^^

Nibbling fish like piggies would be so cool, and some harvest able plant. I have no idea what it could be other than seaweed, as I don't eat seafood of any type IRL x]
    Posted 12 years ago by Bunnykins Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 ya know,...it would be fun if we could imagine fish,..you know...like the pigs and chickens and the like for Jal and watery places...maybe the crabs act differently We could harvest scales nad nibble and or bite the fish and they could bite back! :) 
    Posted 12 years ago by Gaswhacksertizlpipt Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    Posted 12 years ago by Francie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    Posted 12 years ago by Llewella Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh god is this support I'm receiving???
  • Love the oyster idea... would be a great thing to put in gift boxes.  Nice idea.  This is support that you are receiving, LOL.
    Posted 12 years ago by ennuienta Subscriber! | Permalink
  • + 1   !!!
    Posted 12 years ago by Rezzie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 
    Posted 12 years ago by Bluebunny Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yay support!
  • Seaweed and fish can be used to make sushi recipes. Fish can be fished with nets I suppose...or spears. Oysters are another great idea. Can also be used for new recipes and for finding prizes. :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Miss Muffett Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1

I'm definitely wanting the seaweed for sushiiiiii. :D
    Posted 12 years ago by Smass Subscriber! | Permalink
  • We do need more lifeforms in Jal, for sure. And we need a way to obtain fish (salmon) once the vendors are phased out (wasn't that the long-term plan?).

And in view of that, narwhals would be awesome. Or, alternatively, dolphins or belugas... In real life, there is a dolphin population off the coast of Brazil that has been helping local fishermen for generations now: they herd the fish into their nets. We could, maybe, interact with them through a fishing minigame in order to obtain the fish. Narwhals might be a better fit for Ur, though, as they are more exotic.

When thinking of this, I also played around with the idea of sea otters - apparently, some attempts have been made at training otters to catch fish for human consumption, and anyway, everybody knows otters are awesome. :D

Lastly, I'd like to have octopuses as well. They're brainy and odd-looking, and thus a perfect fit for Ur. :P
    Posted 12 years ago by Flapmouse Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 awsome idea!
    Posted 12 years ago by lolol Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Bump
  • +1
    Posted 12 years ago by Fresh Mango Spirit Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1. the seeweed could be grilled, then used to make underwater veggie trays or salads.
    Seeweed would also be great for furniture. curtains, pictures, lamps, or even rugs. Along with seeweed furniture, how about coral? perfect for harder materials. couches, counters, chairs, tables, doors, and room decorations. ( theres more hard furniture in the game. :P )
    Like said before, we could catch fish in nets. But maybe we could catch different kinds of fish and get a trophy for catching each kind. the ' raw fish ' would be kept in the inoventory until we cook them. maybe if we had plastic bags we could catch the fish and put them in fishbowls for decor. ( or for glitchens who want to annoy us, they could pollute the darn sea areas with the bags. ) i like the idea of oysters too. maybe we could crack them open with our tools like pertrified rocks. finally, narwhals. narwhals are epic. flapmouse's idea of using exotic narwhals to catch fish is perfect. we could ride them for a limited time ( to make it a challenge. ). besides catching fish with them, how about racing each other with narwhals?..........
    Posted 12 years ago by GiaTori Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Clams!!

www.flickr.com/photos/93802...
    www.flickr.com/photos/miste...

Okay, the oyster idea is better.

Seahorses! Nasty octopus (I'm the only one who doesn't like them). Or merglitch. Mergiants?
    Posted 12 years ago by emdot Subscriber! | Permalink