Topic

Average age of a Glitcher?

With so much discussion going on about the "right" age a player/tester needs to be, it has me feeling very curious as to what the average age of a glitch tester/gamer is? soooo I thought hay I'm gona be rude and ask.
I don't want to be to impolite so am adding age brackets for those who do not really want to give to much away. It's just for fun ;)
A 13-17
B 18-25
C 26-35
D 36-45
E 46-55
F 56+
I am D  ;)   edit to add under 13-A*

edit results are now in http://beta.glitch.com/forum/general/5415/

Posted 13 years ago by Misha Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12 13
  • So.. with the combined efforts of curiosity and boredom, i went through and counted them :D
        16 A's
        27 B's
        30 C's
        49 D's
        19 E's
        27 F's
    There's a good chance i may have missed some or counted some twice, but you get the general idea.
    Posted 13 years ago by Rakel Subscriber! | Permalink
  • A :D
    Posted 13 years ago by daniel5457 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm an E. The very first of an E. Trying to hang on to that spot of an E. :P
    Posted 13 years ago by Sunny Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Well pirate apple not to worry about being snippy.I sometimes cant remember anything after 5 minutes haha.when in the game as you glitchers see me mining ,Thank God there is a teleporter to get me home,otherwise I need help,pin a note on me.lol forget the alphebet I am 69 and love every retired day except for forgetting yesterday .
    Posted 13 years ago by Jellybelly Baby Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Male D from Australia. My daughter is an 8yo A* who just got through the tutorial before the world closed.. :(
    Posted 13 years ago by Kram Subscriber! | Permalink
  • D for me :)
    Posted 13 years ago by Violet Subscriber! | Permalink
  • C! :D

Anybody else from Southeast Asia?
    Posted 13 years ago by C'Joni Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Sorry to interject (because I do quite like this thread), but with no way to send each other IM/PM while game is down, there was a little something worrying me in here...

@ Misha, re: your comment:

I got to add I have never played FS never heard of it till a month ago or am friends with anyone who has ever played it. Was not aware this was for FS players who all know each other???Posted 6 days ago by Misha | Permalink

Whoa, did we upset you somehow? Seriously, I feel kinda bad if we did because that wasn't an intention of any of us, and from what I read of you in forums, updates, I really like you. I think explaining the reason we are in Glitch having a good time together might be useful: 

1. A large group played FS (Faunasphere) together for several months, many even a couple years. But suddenly in Feb/March, they announced they were closing the game over "lack of resources," and many of us were deeply attached to each other and to the game (it was a very nonviolent browser-based game also; involved raising a lot of goofy critters called fauna, breeding them, completing quests with them, building our own personal worlds, doing community projects, etc.). So we were really ticked off when they closed it, especially as it seemed as if they were making a lot of money because some of the things in the game were bought with real money (a LOT of items), and many of us spent a good deal of money in there. 

2. So we started searching for a new game we might be able to come and play together to keep our enjoyment and friendships going. A Glitcher somehow got wind of this and joined our forums and really pepped up Glitch for us; it appealed to a lot of folks because of some of the similar things, like animals, nonviolence. So a whole bunch of us thought we'd try it out...and got massively addicted together. 

3. There is a very active group called Faunasphere Refugees (though we have several folks in there who didn't play; they just met some of us and wanted to hang out with us and we welcomed them into the group). It has over 300 members now, and a large percentage of those people play Glitch a LOT. So we talk to each other a lot, in the game and sometimes in the forums. Sometimes when I post something where I mention FS, I have posted something like "I'm sure some of you are sick of hearing about us...sorry." It would be pretty hard to chat with each other without mentioning the game ever. And we do keep a lot of our chitchat in our group; it just spills over into forums and homepage, too.

Hope that helps...again, no intentions of clique-y-ness; many of us have made many new friends in Glitch! Just hard not to seem groupish when in fact we did already know each other fairly well... ((Misha))  And sorry to all as I really don't like to hijack a thread...but felt bad to see someone getting upset by FS peeps...please return to your normally scheduled program of age tallying (I replied already and don't want to double post that...the numbers are really interesting to me!)
    Posted 13 years ago by RM Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @RM  I don't think Misha meant anything negative towards FS refugees specifically.  I think she was taken aback and making playful banter/rebuttals to this comment:  beta.glitch.com/forum/gener...; ..err... and so forth

At least that's how I read it.  But I really don't know.. i keep looking for new thread comments until they flip that closed sign! :)

Ughh... gave my age bracket already ... promise not to hijack again lol!
    Posted 13 years ago by RainyRain Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Another proud "F" here.  I never would have dreamed I'd still be a "kid" at this age!
    Posted 13 years ago by Brib Annie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • RR, lol, perhaps correct. I can be a bit, em, overanalytical and jumpy. But also, I really, really want to make sure that those of us who came from FS are being just as friendly and welcoming to everyone outside as well as inside the ex-FS community ;)

Also I see that as of 15 hours ago, we D's had the majority...buck up, you others, lol!
  • thanks for the info. it helped alot. never heard of FS till joining glitch. went to website and totally understand now. have spent most of beta trying to learn skills and earning house.  best way to make friends? join groups? do projects? how to get party invite? post my twitter/web/facebook/linkdin profiles ?
    Posted 13 years ago by coolbettycakes Subscriber! | Permalink
  • coolbettycakes, possibly joining groups is a good way. Go group shopping and introduce yourself in the ones that seem to have active discussions going (it lists when last post was). If the group seems inactive, you can just leave; easy to pop in and out of groups in Glitch. 

D's rule! ;)
  • @Rascalmon..Im afraid to coin a phrase "you have totally got the wrong end of the stick there". I was biting back at a comment made at me, assuming the only people answering this thread were FS's  and I might even be one.[ don't mean that in a bad way either ] I was stating I had never even heard of that game and was not friends with anyone from it. [ might add I am now :) ] I might have even played it myself.This was not meant in any way shape or form to be a knock back to any FS player. Rainy Rain has it correct with her reply to you.
    I read a past comment made to me assuming the only people who were even replying here were my fellow friends and gamers from FS. I was just pointing out I had no connections to FS. I acutaly took their comments as a stab at FS [ might be wrong there?]
     Please no offence was to be made to any FS player. I treat people by how they treat me--one to one.  I do not judge anyone by what group or game they once played.  Hope that has cleared that up :)

Hi five to the D's ;)
  • @Misha, no problem, no problem (and I love that U.K. phrase even tho I'm U.S.). I sort of figured that even if not for you, some of that info might help others who keep wondering why the initials FS pop up, and I as I see from one reply, it helped someone out. Loves and hugs to all:)
  • I'm F.
    Posted 13 years ago by Molly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm a D
    Posted 13 years ago by Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm an E and I love this game. Can't wait for more!
    Posted 13 years ago by Yark Subscriber! | Permalink
  • C
    Posted 13 years ago by Araldia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ohh B and C are neck and neck right now!
  • I'm an A! ._. So few of us..
    Posted 13 years ago by Zane Subscriber! | Permalink
  • B but almost C :)
    Posted 13 years ago by Snuggle-puss Subscriber! | Permalink
  • E  oo-er
    Posted 13 years ago by Peaches Subscriber! | Permalink
  • D, and gettin' older every second.  ;)
    Posted 13 years ago by beej beej Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ima B :)
    Posted 13 years ago by blackwidow Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I turn 66 next week. Maybe we need to add a G for all us older farts. Later,
    Posted 13 years ago by Mater Subscriber! | Permalink
  • F :)
    Posted 13 years ago by Carolina Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Halfway through B!
    Posted 13 years ago by Alturin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • B
    Posted 13 years ago by Devon Eleven Subscriber! | Permalink
  • D
    Posted 13 years ago by jasbo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • A- I'm 13 >.<
    Seems like we have a variety of ages here, though, which is pretty cool.
    Posted 13 years ago by xxTheRickxx Subscriber! | Permalink
  • C
    Posted 13 years ago by Sheepy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • B
    Posted 13 years ago by Sharmy Knope Subscriber! | Permalink
  • hmmm, apparently didn't post before...

E
    Posted 13 years ago by b3achy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I am a D moving in August to the E category, female. I really like playing glitch and can't wait for it to open again! I missed a lot of the earlier testing but I'm here now, and looking forward to always open Glitch!!
    Posted 13 years ago by Chicalet Subscriber! | Permalink
  • D
    Posted 13 years ago by kelvinator Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm a D.
    Posted 13 years ago by Clara Net Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Very top edge of D... will be E in October.  =)
    Posted 13 years ago by Zany Serendipity Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Low end of C here.
    Posted 13 years ago by Lianne Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Another fun-loving F here.
    Posted 13 years ago by ElleD Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'D Die if my elDerliness were revealeD
    Posted 13 years ago by The Cat Face Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @ T he Cat Face, I would not Dare ask your age lol.

Sorry folks I had forgotten about this. I will add the other ages and get cracking with a chart. Thanks once again :)
  • E
    Posted 13 years ago by Hizzie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • C. 
    Posted 13 years ago by Ann-Mi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • C. Turning 30 in September. :)
    Posted 13 years ago by Bunni3 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • C.:)
    Posted 13 years ago by nekomaki Subscriber! | Permalink
  • B ... saying that makes me feel young, which is nice since i haven't been feeling that way recently :)
    Posted 13 years ago by Gitchy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • D and nearly and E
    Posted 13 years ago by Fokian Fool Subscriber! | Permalink
  • C!
    Posted 13 years ago by Fleep Subscriber! | Permalink
  • B!
    Posted 13 years ago by Owlet Subscriber! | Permalink
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12 13