Topic

shrines/ giants

how many favor points does each shrine/giant start out with

**OK THANKS FOR ANSWER I DONT NEED ANYMORE ANSWERS NOW**

Posted 12 years ago by SockMonkey101 Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Rookinvader: <shh-shhhh> Glitch, there is something you must know...<shh-shhhh> Your emblem you received, it came from 1000 favour <shh-shhhh> But each time after it will take 100 more <shh-shhhh>. Soon, you will turn and as father and son we shall rule the galaxy!

Pignibbler: No! Noooooooo! You're! Not! My! Father!

(What you all said, as excerpted from the original draft of Treewars: The Cubimals Strike Back)
    Posted 12 years ago by MrVolare Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Mr. Speaker, I think we can all agree that emblems are important. They are essential to the environment, the economy, and our quality of life.

That’s why we’re here today, Mr. Speaker: to move forward with the implementation of a comprehensive new program that we first announced in 2011: the operationalization of favour into emblems—the Favour Operationalization (FO) initiative.

It’s a simple process—a humbling process—but one that we can all participate in as a society.

Let me tell you a story about a glitch I know:

She started out with zero favour, Mr. Speaker. Zero. Favour. Zero favour out of a possible one thousand favour with every giant.

My colleagues across the floor would have you believe that this is a result of my party’s current policies; however, Mr. Speaker, may I remind my colleagues that this problem existed for her entire life up to this point—through a period when they themselves were in power, Mr. Speaker.

But thanks to our FO initiative, this little glitch has been able to pull up her socks and donate her way forward to reaching her goals.

She achieved that one thousand favour per giant, Mr. Speaker. Through donations, and through the support of our Extremely Hallowed Shrine Powder (EHSP) support program, which goes hand in hand with the FO initiative, She worked hard to obtain those donation-worthy items, and by donating them with support from EHSP, she was able to support the environment, the economy, and her quality of life. She’s in the gallery today, and I would like this House to acknowledge her selfless contribution.

Mr. Speaker, this is more than just a one-time program. The FO initiative has been enhanced to maximize the repetitiveness of the current process. It challenges people. It moves them forward. When someone reaches that goal of a thousand favour, that “favour cap”, as the kids say these days, we help them strive to do better, Mr. Speaker.

When they reach that goal, the favour cap goes up by one hundred points. One hundred points! It’s beautiful in its simplicity. Each time that favour cap is reached, it goes up by another hundred points, thereby ensuring a seamless, integrated, continual, ongoing implementation of the Favour Operationalization initiative.

In closing, Mr. Speaker, I’d like to reiterate as we make these giant strides forward that the FO initiative is essential for maintaining quality of life. It preserves the environment for future generations. And it supports our economy.

And that is something we can all believe in.

Thank you, Mr. Speaker.

(what Oscarette said, but in government-speak)
    Posted 12 years ago by Voluptua Sneezelips Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Chicka, Chickapea

(what oscarette said, but Nellspeak)
    Posted 12 years ago by bored no more Subscriber! | Permalink
  • obatay.. nay nay Chickapea

(off topic in Nellspeak)
    Posted 12 years ago by Ooola Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I donated my pickle to the shrine, by accident. My life is effectively over. I see a darkness.

(what Oscarette said but in first world problem speak)
    Posted 12 years ago by Slippy (Throb) Subscriber! | Permalink
  • What everyone else said (couldn't be arsed to read it all) but this is a case of sizeism. Should we have to look up to giants just because they are bigger than us?  We should be able to buy step-ladders from the hardware vendor. Besides, who can honestly say they have seen a giant in game? Do they really exist? If we stop believing in them will they go away? If they go away will we go away because we are only fig-leaves of their imagination? Can you imagine what unimaginable things would happen if we used our imaginations? Do the rooks live in castles with their mates? OMGG, how much purple have I taken?
    Posted 12 years ago by snygyst Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Lbh fgneg bhg jvgu 0 bhg bs n cbffvoyr 1000 snibe jvgu rirel tvnag.  Jura lbh trg gb 1000 jvgu n tvnag, gur fuevar njneqf lbh na rzoyrz naq lbh erfrg gb 0 bhg bs n cbffvoyr 1100 - naq fb ba nsgre rnpu rzoyrz, 100 cbvagf uvture rirel gvzr.

(What Oscarette said, but in rot13)
    Posted 12 years ago by Ole C Brumm Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Chook Chook Chook

(like oscarette said, but in kevbob)
    Posted 12 years ago by bored no more Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Chook!
    Posted 12 years ago by kevbob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • U STRT OUT WTH 0 OUT OF A PSSBL 1000 FVR WTH EVRY GNT. WHN U GT 2 1000 WTH A GNT TH SHRN AWRDS U AN EMBLM AND U RST 2 0 OUT OF A PSSBL 1100 - AND SO ON AFTR EACH EMBLM 100 PNTS HGHR EVRY TM.

(in textspeak)
    Posted 12 years ago by Tricky Woo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yew star dowt wiv narn owdov ah posi bull fowsan fayva wiv airvree chai ant. Wairn yew gairt tooah fowsan wiv ah chai ant, thur    ....ah farkit, ware sahb ear?

(what Oscarette said, but in Strine)
    Posted 12 years ago by Dru Id Subscriber! | Permalink
  • (Like the OP. Right now. In Darth Vader.)
    Posted 12 years ago by natsumi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Art day big inning, tea fey force tarts ate see row. Wan yore each want how sand, dash rind gift sou in amble am. Den deaf ay foreign crease ass buy won hunter red witty shamble am.

(like what oscarette said, only in Anguish Languish)
    Posted 12 years ago by Sirentist Subscriber! | Permalink
  • In those days, The Rock Spoke sayingeth "Thus hath you neither love nor affection of the Giants, for you hold no emblem to show that esteem. Let it come to pass, that in the lands of Ur, donations of meat and gems and all that is not nailed down shall be made unto the Giants, and the favour you earneth will be in the amount of 1000. For your diligence, may the emblem of said Giant be upon you and yours" And lo, these things were done, and the emblem was held aloft with great joy. Again, The Rock spoke,  sayingeth "Go forth, and do these things again. But know that each time hence you must earn one hundred favor more to receive the Giants' bounty" And there was much shuffling of feet and muttering of "oh nuts!"

(Same as Oscarette, but the King James Version)
  • I just brushed my hair!  The hair brush is wet again. I put it back on the shelf.  OH *Shrines* -- OK. You start out with 0 out of a possible 1000 favor with every giant.  Favor is stuff you earn when you donate to shrines.  You donate to shrines by well you have to be a player in Glitch.  First you have to sign up on Glitch.  And then you have to have an account and get things like beans from trees and meat from pigs and cherries from trees and grain from chickens and rocks that you can mine.  There are 4 different types of rocks, Sparkly, Dullite, Beryl and Metal.  All of them give you different elements.  You mine them with a pick.  After you mine them you have rocks which you can refine into ore or smelt into metal ingots.  You can turn the metal ingots into other metals with elements and things.  You can also grow crops or herbs depending on if you have a house and what kind of house you have.  Then you go walk out your door and then exit your housing block and walk down your street and find a shrine and click on it and click Donate To and then you throw stuff in the shrine.  It goes away after that.  You won't have it anymore.  Each thing you donate will give you favor, it will tell you how much favor you get when you donate but if you missed it it also will show up in Local Chat.  Local Chat is the window that is always open on the right side over  your Friends list.  You also can go into Global Chat but your favor won't show up in there.  A lot of people are always in Global and they talk about all kinds of things.  I am eating carrots now and my hair is still wet.  So then sometimes when you donate you reach a certain number and get an emblem.  When you get to 1000 with a giant, the shrine awards you an emblem and you reset to 0 out of a possible 1100.  But then it takes an extra amount every time to award you an emblem the next time so you always have to throw in more stuff.  I like to get dullite rocks, the dullite only has red and green, I don't like the color blue, the color blue is unlucky so I only mine dullite.  I grind the ore and collect the elements that come off.  You can mix elements with a beaker or a test tube but I don't really like doing that, I like smelting because then you can make tools, I like making tools.  In real life I have a hammer and a tool set.  The hammer lives on my bedside table and I take it everywhere with me.  One time I had a loose screw in the cupboard in my kitchen and so I got the hammer and I pounded the screw in until it was all the way in and it was fixed.  I fixed it.  Would you like to know other things I have fixed?

(What Oscarette said, in Asperger's.)
    Posted 12 years ago by ♪♥~ Auren ~♥♪ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hey Faggots,
    My name is oscarette, and I hate every single one of you. All of you are fat, retarded, no-lifes who spend every second of their day rewriting something I said. You are everything bad in the world. Honestly, have any of you ever donated to a shrine? I mean, I guess it’s fun copying other people's jokes because of your own insecurities, but you all take to a whole new level. This is even worse than jerking off people's community garden harvests.
    Don’t be a stranger. Just hit me with your best shot. I’m pretty much perfect. I was captain of the Game of Crowns team, and starter on my Street Project team. What credentials do you have, other than “look at how smart I am because I can copy and paste”? I also get straight A’s, and have a huge emblem collection (Just donated 1000 favor; Shit was SO cash). You are all faggots who should just kill yourselves. Thanks for listening.
    Pic Related: It’s me and irony.

(like oscarette said, but in random guido troll)
    Posted 12 years ago by Mr. Dawgg Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I can practically smell the axe body spray and desperate need for validation. Well played Mr. Dawgg. You are a virtuoso performer. Brava!
  • あなたはすべての巨人との可能性1000年好意のOUT 0から始めます。あなたが巨大で1000に到達、神社の賞は、エンブレムとは、可能な限り1100から0にリセット - など各エンブレムの後、100ポイント以上たびにオン。

-or-

Anata wa subete no Kyojin to no kanōsei 1000-nen kōi no auto 0 kara hajimemasu. Anata ga kyodaide 1000 ni tōtatsu, jinja no shō wa, enburemu to wa, kanōnakagiri 1100 kara 0 ni risetto - nado kaku enburemu no ato, 100-pointo ijō tabi ni on.

What oscarette said, but in Hiragana/Katakana, and Japanese
    Posted 12 years ago by Essie Kitten Subscriber! | Permalink

What oscarette said, but in silence
    Posted 12 years ago by sgjo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I haz a flavor!

Oh wait. You said favor. nm...
    Posted 12 years ago by g33kgurrl Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Glitch is a pretty cool guy, eh gets favors and doesn't emblem til 1000.

I don't always donate to shrines, but when I do, I get an emblem.

Favored Giant is favored.

Newfags can't shrine.

(like oscarette said, but in meme)
  • Vos satus sicco per 0 ex a possible 1000 ventus per sulum giant. Ut vos adepto ut 1000 per a giant , shrine awards vos an emblem quod vos reset ut 0 ex a possible 1100 ita in secundum sulum emblem , centum cuspis superus sulum vicis.

(like oscarette said, but in latin)
    Posted 12 years ago by scroobienoob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Eh, so you want to know how to score?  First the lead throws a big rock at the front of the house....but if you sweep it with EHSP or FHSP it will go farther so you try hard to get 1000.  Then everyone gets together and looks at all the rocks and talks.   Then the second throws another rock at the house and hopes not to knock out his own team's rock.   And the giants are not amused so they make the rock slide out of the house.  Then everyone gets together again and talks....and all the while the other team (the Rooks) are trying to knock your rocks off and attack you...kindly notice the ellipse.  So aboot then the third gets to throw a rock and hopes to sneak it past the guard into the house for a score.  And because it was not swept with powder it does not make it past the hog (piggie) line so it is a big bust.   Then the big guy or gal - the Skip gets to throw a rock at the Giant's house after much consultation with the team and lots of pointing of brooms.  The Skips rock slides behind the guard rocks ..and hits the dead center of the house.   The Giant is happy...You win..and everyone drinks lots of hootch.

What Oscarette said in Curling Speak.
    Posted 12 years ago by MisAdventure Subscriber! | Permalink
  • What Oscarette said, without the words.
    Posted 12 years ago by jjbob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Αρχίζετε με 0 από μια πιθανή εύνοια 1000 με κάθε γίγαντα.  Όταν φτάνετε σε 1000 με έναν γίγαντα, η λάρνακα σας απονέμει ένα έμβλημα και επαναρυθμίζετε σε 0 από πιθανά 1100 - et ainsi de suite και τα λοιπά μετά από κάθε έμβλημα, 100 σημεία υψηλότερα κάθε φορά.  
    (What Oscarette said, but it's all Greek to me!)
    Posted 12 years ago by kat65 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • MrVolare, thanks man, I laughed during your King James Version one :D
    @

Like everyone said but babylon broke.
  • @natsumi - nooooooooooooooo.com/ is my new favorite on my tabs!!! Too FUNNY!!!
    Posted 12 years ago by Hab Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I hate everyone, and wth are these pigs doing here?  Go away.

(What oscarette said, in ronin elf.)
    Posted 12 years ago by ♪♥~ Auren ~♥♪ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • mmmmm.... bacon...... 
  • And the Oscarette for best adaptation goes to (Envelope please)....
    Posted 12 years ago by The Cat Face Subscriber! | Permalink
  • 1. Donate to shrine
    2.?
    3.?
    4.PROFIT

Like everyone else said, but as a link to a huge blog post explaining it all more clearly. 
    Posted 12 years ago by Mr LaserExplosion Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Like what the person with 0/1000 favor said, but in every giant. Like what 1000 favor said, but in one particular giant. Like what that shrine said, but in an emblem. Like what the reset said, but now out of 1100. Like what everyone else said, but 100 points more each time.

(Like what Oscarette said, but in meta.)
    Posted 12 years ago by Leland Paul Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Glurhhhhhhhh gagaggagagagahhhhhh!!!!!  Rheurhnnghghghghhhhh Ourrrhhhghghghgh-rarararagagagahhh-snhhhht-rnt Nnnnnrrrrruuuuuuuuugh! Nert hrrrooooooooooonk

(like what Leland Paul said, but in Wookiee)
    Posted 12 years ago by Mikah Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This thread wins the intarwebs! You, my fellow glitchen, are teh awesum.
    Posted 12 years ago by Pascale Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I haven't yet checked.  I'm going to guess 69.
    Posted 12 years ago by Jerry Garcia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Mine!

What Mikah said but in toddler.
    Posted 12 years ago by FrankenPaula Subscriber! | Permalink
  • You start out with 1200, then every time you donate, it increases by 900 until you hit a maximum of 70,430. Then your character gets deleted and the Internet stops working.

(What oscarette said, but blatantly lying.)
    Posted 12 years ago by dm Subscriber! | Permalink

The end.
  • Am Anfang kriegst du ein Emblem, wenn du 1000 Punkte erreichst. Mit jedem Emblem erhöt sich der Betrag um eins zu kriegen um 100.

(like above, but german)
    Posted 12 years ago by davidkn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • You wanna get emblems? They're so shiny! They're so valuable (kinda)!

Then just donate all that random stuff you got cluttering your bags! Just hurry over to your nearest shrine and dump it ALL IN!! You won't regret it (I think)!

The more valuable the item, the more favour you'll get! Get 1000 favour and out pops an emblem (probably)!

Happy Donating! Have fun!

Disclaimer: We are not responsible for increases in favour requirements.

(like above, but as an infomerical)
    Posted 12 years ago by Scarf Subscriber! | Permalink
  • DONATE ALL THE THINGS!!!

donate *all* the things?

no....

PET THE PIGGIES!!!

FOREVER!!!

(what everybody else said, in Hyperbole and a Half)
    Posted 12 years ago by katlazam Subscriber! | Permalink
  • INVIZBUL 1000 FAVR. I GOT U AN EMBLEM, BUT I EATED IT. LONG CAT IS 1100 FAVR LONG. I CAN HAS EMBLEM? ITTY BITTY REPEATTY KITTY COMMITTEE.

(like hoomins sed, butt I no beleevz no lolspeak yet)
    Posted 12 years ago by Lord Lalo of Glitch Subscriber! | Permalink
  • (speaker stands in center of the stage.  smiles at audience, nods at judges.  begins.)

Playwright Sebastian de Chamfort once wrote, "Real worth requires no interpreter; its everyday deeds form its emblem."  The same holds true to the game of Glitch, and so I want to talk to you about emblems.  (gestures stage left) First, we'll discuss why emblems are of value.  (gestures stage right)  Then, we'll learn how one gathers emblems.  (gestures to center) Finally, we'll explore the ulterior benefits of emblems and their counterparts.

(moves stage left)

I promised to first inform you why emblem-collecting is of value, so let me ask you this: when was the last time you realized you were about to die, and the new day was still hours off?  Yes, it's happened to all of us, hasn't it?  With an emblem, you can fix that.  If you carry an emblem around, you can "contemplate" it for 36 experience each day--(gestures up) if you're perfectly happy, that is.  You can also "consider" it for 20 energy, and if you've already died and need some mood help?  "Caress" your emblem for 25 mood.  One emblem of each giant every day, and you're set up to level 30 or so.  Now you're interested in collecting some of these suckers, right?  (nods) Good.

(moves stage right)

Let's talk about how to gather emblems efficiently.  First, we should know that any time you donate an item to a shrine, you will receive one-tenth of its currant value as favor towards the giant whose symbol is on the shrine.  That means that, if you wanted to earn 1000 favor points for Cosma, you would need to donate 10,000 currants worth of items to her shrine.  To put that into perspective, you're talking about 250 BB-1 musicblocks, 1,000 meat, or 10 fancy picks.  If that seems like a lot, well... it is.  But there are ways to make it easier.  Powders, in fact.  Before you make a donation, try using Fairly Hallowed Shrine Powder, commonly called F.H.S.P.  It will double the amount of favor you receive from your donations.  In order to be used effectively, you will want to donate in bulk, but FHSP will halve how much you need to give.  Now you're down to 125 BB-1's, 500 meat, or 5 fancy picks.  A little more manageable, don't you think?  It gets better.  If you want to skip the "fairly" hallowed shrine powder, then try out Extremely Hallowed Shrine Powder, or EHSP--not to be confused with esp, of course.  EHSP will (gesture of emphasis) TRIPLE the amount of favor you receive from donations.  So now you need only donate 84 BB-1's, 334 meat, or...well, you're still at 4 fancy picks, but you get the math.  If you're interested in not wasting items and potential favor, then you should also be aware that there is a limit to the amount of favor you can earn each day.  This limit is equal to the total amount of favor it would have taken to receive an emblem that day, regardless of how much favor you began with.  Thus, in our previous example, if you had 0 of 1000 points of favor for Cosma, your limit for that day is 1000.  If you had 253 of 1000, your limit for the day is STILL 1000.  But beware of over-donating and wasting favor--if does NOT roll over like experience does.  There is a final thing you should know about emblem collection: it becomes more difficult.  Every time you earn an emblem from a giant, the possible favor for that giant increases by 100 points.  So say you donated 84 BB-1's to Cosma.  The next day, you decide to earn another emblem from her, but you note that you now need 1100 favor points.  Never fear, this was expected!  Giants want proof of your devotion, just make sure you have fun doing it.

(crosses stage left)

The real question is this: why would you WANT to bother earning a second emblem of Cosma?  You can already caress, consider, and contemplate.  Why bother with more favor?  There are two answers to this question: experience, and icons.  If you have ever donated to a shrine before this speech, you will have noted that you earn more than favor with each item chucked in.  You also gain mood--which can be handy for experience earned in other actions--and experience from the action itself.  Each day you have a daily limit to possible experience points earned from donation, which scales itself to your level.  This is an amazing way to learn experience--at least until the system changes.  The second benefit of collecting multiple emblems is a phenomena known as Icons.  Icons are supercharged emblems.  You must have 11 emblems of the same giant in order to make an icon for that giant, but the cost and hassle is potentially worth it.  Icons can be "reflected" for experience, "revered" for energy, and "rumenated" for mood.  Unlike emblems, the amount you gain from each action changes, and also seems to slightly scale to your level.  Unfortunately, icons also require upkeep, a "tithe" of sorts, which is an amount of currants that rises as your level goes up.  However, if you maintain your icons through tithing, they offer a chance to "bestow" random bonuses on you throughout the day. 

(returns to center stage)

So there you have it.  Emblems in a nutshell.  First, we learned how valuable an emblem can be to have on you.  Then we talked about how to earn emblems and the rules surrounding favor and emblem collection.  Finally, we discussed why emblems can be valuable in the long run.  Just remember, Glitch is a game; emblem collection is not.  I leave you with the words of Sophocles, "without labor, nothing prospers," and remind you that, without donation, leveling goes slowly.

(What Oscarette said, except in Speech & Debate format)

(p.s.: so many of these were awesome!!!)
    Posted 12 years ago by Ren_tara, BatQueen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Vi ekkomencas kun 0 el ebla 1000 prefer kun ĉiu giganto. Kiam vi atingas 1000 kun giganto, la sanktejo premioj vi emblemo kaj vi reŝarg al 0 el ebla 1100 - kaj tiel plu post ĉiu emblemo, 100 punktoj pli alta ĉiam.

(what oscarette said, translated to Esperanto. Probably badly. )
    Posted 12 years ago by Murri Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The 147th Rule of Acquisition states that giving things to Giants is bad business, even if you CAN get emblems from them, because they require more payment for each new Emblem than the last. 

(what oscarette said, in Ferengi )
    Posted 12 years ago by Murri Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ssssssstaaaaaaaarrrrrttttt ooooooouuuuuttttt witttttthhhhhh zeeeeeeeerooo faaaaavooor eeaaaaacchhhh tiiiiiiiiimmmme. Fiiiiiiirsssssstttttt tiiiiiiimmme requireeeeeeementtttt is oneeeeeeee thhhouuuusaaand. Eeeeeeaaachhhh tttiiimmme aaafffterrrr isssssssss oneeeeee hundreeeeeedd moooooreeee poooinnts.

(like what everyone said but how it comes out when you're 156 years old)
    Posted 12 years ago by Klikini Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Shrines!? Who are you?!, you dont trust THEM!!!.. shrines are a conspiracy! shhhh... dont tell them i told you.

(what oscarette said, but in bubble tree)
    Posted 12 years ago by blackwidow Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Data driven deliverable: (the 30,000 foot view)
    The organization initializes with non-idealized supply of favor with each giant. By utilizing best practices to optimize results you attain one thousand favor points. Done deal on the low hanging fruit. You get an emblem. Downstream you are back at ground zero. On a go forward basis, the heavy lifting is dialed up – you need 1100 favor instead of 1000. And the delta for the level of effort required is a positive 100 points per cycle.

- what oscarette said, but in corporate boilerplate brain dump disambiguation
    Posted 12 years ago by Kookaburra Subscriber! | Permalink
  • تحصل في بداية والحصول على الشارة عندما تصل إلى . كما يمكنك الحصول على كل شعار زيادات لصالح
    Posted 12 years ago by Linksfiresword Subscriber! | Permalink