Topic

Greasemonkey Scripts

I thought we could use a dedicated thread and directory for these - I wrote a couple and know of at least one more, but if anybody has written a script, I'd be happy to add it to the list.

If anybody isn't sure what Greasemonkey scripts are, they are basically code that runs on top of a website, enhancing it in some way.

---

Installation:

For Chrome or Opera, you don't have to do anything. Click the link to the script, and it will install.

For Firefox, you need to install the Greasemonkey extension and restart the browser, first - then click on the link to the script, and it will install it for you.

Both Safari and IE can't easily handle Greasemonkey scripts, so I'm not going to offer any advice right now.

---

Achievement Checker - 6/4 update courtesy ping - Install - Screenshot

When you view the list of achievements, all the ones you've already achieved will dim out, highlighting ones you need to work on.

Location Checker - by Lord Tweedmouth and me - Install - Screenshot

Likewise, when you view the list of locations, the places you've visited will gray out. Unlisted locations are added dynamically, which gives a more accurate idea of your progess.

Nearest Features - by Poh Boy - Install - Discussion Thread

Sometimes you need to find the nearest Mab shrine or nearest grocer - this script allows you to see at a glance (and click to set your destination) the nearest location that has the feature you need. Alternatively, Poh Boy has a version that doesn't require Greasemonkey on his website.

Skill Queuer - by ping - Homepage

Queues skills for automatic learning.

Glitch Favor Checker - by Lord Tweedmouth - Install

Adds info about the favor you've accumulated with each giant to the leaderboards page for quick access.

Posted 13 years ago by Dave Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8
  • Anyone else finding the locations script unusable today? (and possibly yesterday)

It takes for-eeeeeeeeeeeeeeever to load the streets now.

have uninstalled and re-installed on Chrome.
    Posted 13 years ago by Wrendolin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The current script is, apparently, no longer being updated. Ping reworked it, and you can get a copy in the 3rd party script group!
    Posted 13 years ago by Leimailu Subscriber! | Permalink
  • thanks. will try that
    Posted 13 years ago by Wrendolin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Bump (because some newer folks may want to add these scripts AND to push down another certain thread)
    Posted 13 years ago by GreyGoose Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wrendolin, the locations script stopped working for me last test. I had the same problem: forever load time made the locations page unusable for me.
    Posted 13 years ago by Aleph Zero Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Originalauntie, I use the Skill Queuer script in this last test after the reset and it worked just fine for me.  I did notice that I had to stay logged in and keep a window open though.  I'm not sure if that was the case previously.
    Posted 13 years ago by Princess Fi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Princess Fi, that has always been the case.

The only way a browser script can run is if your browser is open and connected to the internet page it is designed for. 

If you are not logged in, you can't make changes in your Glitch account (starting a new skill).  If your browser isn't open to the profile page for Glitch, the script has nothing to interact with.
    Posted 13 years ago by WindBorn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I can't find it now but at one point stoot said that the skill queuer would be disabled once the game went live since it would give too much of an advantage to those who had been playing for a while and knew about it or those who came to the forums and found out about it.  Has there been anything more said about this?
    Posted 13 years ago by Marla Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Stoot didn't actually say that.

There was a discussion about the auction script and the skill queuer script.  TS said that the auction script was exactly what they'd had in mind when opening up the API, but that they would continue discussing and thinking about the skill queuer.    So far, there's been no further announcement about whether or not the skill queuer gives players an unfair advantage, and will therefore not be allowed.

ETA:
    Here's the post.
    Posted 13 years ago by WindBorn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh wow, thank you so much for this post. The location checker is GREAT! I plan on doing a little traveling when the game reopens. =)
    Posted 13 years ago by Gertie Mack Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Will these need to be updated now that we've launched, or how do I get my skill queuer back up and working?
    Posted 13 years ago by Kira Bajira Subscriber! | Permalink
  • In Firefox:
    1. Click the Greasemonkey icon and click "Manage User Scripts..."
    2. Find the script you want to fix and click "Preferences"
    3. In the "Included Pages" box, click "Add..."
    4. Type in one of the following and hit "OK" (depends on script):
     - www.glitch.com/achievements/
     - www.glitch.com/locations/
     - www.glitch.com/
    5. Hit "OK" and reload the page the script should work on.

In Chrome:
    1. Sorry, you'll have to wait until the script gets updated.
    Posted 13 years ago by geoffreak Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My Profile Script : http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/113198

The following scripts are not my own, These will be removed once the respective owners have updated them.  I had nothing to do with them other then adding a star " * "

-Skill Queue Patched :
    --FIREFOX  : deusaphor.appspot.com/glitc...
    --CHROME : http://deusaphor.appspot.com/glitch_skill_helper.user.crx

-Achievement Checker : http://deusaphor.appspot.com/glitch_achievement_check.user.js

-Locations Patched  : http://deusaphor.appspot.com/location_checker.user.js
    Posted 13 years ago by DeusAphor Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I can't seem to get the patched Skill Queue script working in Chrome, DeusAphor. It works fine in Firefox though. The patched Locations script works though.
  • Thanks Geoffreak, I have uploaded a fix for chrome
  • ARGH

It won't let me edit, so I added the new pages under User Settings, and now it still won't work.
    Posted 13 years ago by Biohazard Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hi Geoffreak, I'm still having a hard time trying to get the Achievement Checker back (I'm using FF) .. I tried following your resent instructions, but I must be doing something wrong?  Any other tips?
    Posted 13 years ago by Sadie the Goat Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @ Sadie, check my previous post. 
  • THANK YOU DEUS!! <3
    Posted 13 years ago by nonpromqueen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hi DeusAphor, I tried off your link as well and I still can't seem to make it work - ugh, I feel dumb! I'm heading out for a few hours. I'll take another look, and see if I can't get it to work when I get back. Thank you all for the updates & tips!
  • For everyone that is having problems, try completely uninstalling the greasemonkey scripts and then reinstall them using the links Dues gave.
  • I can't seem to get the achievement one no matter what. :( Others are working but not that one. Working in Chrome.
    Posted 13 years ago by Liza Throttlebottom Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yeah, that is because I was in a meeting and I pushed it out before testing it or looking at the initial code. 

Go ahead, I know.. Anyways, I fixed it. 
  • Thank you, all! I uninstalled them, and then reinstalled from Dues's link, and now I have the achievement checker back :D hooray!
  • Thanks!  The updated skill queue tool appears to work quite nicely. 

:D
    Posted 13 years ago by Daffy Lurksalot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Did...Did you make it SORT the achievements?

Because I made my boyfriend check his without the updated patch and they weren't sorted but mine are.

If someone here made the achievements sort by type, thank you. You're the best thing ever. THE BEST.
    Posted 13 years ago by Biohazard Subscriber! | Permalink
  • You seriously ARE the best ever.  I am so attached to these scripts that I got into a bit of a panic when I realized that since the URL has changed they wouldn't work. Tried to figure out a way to edit them myself but couldn't; came here and BOOM you've done it. The best!
    Posted 13 years ago by bugeye Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm on Firefox and all I can get to come up is a page of text/coding when I click the links?
    Posted 13 years ago by Sunburst Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Sunburst, you need to have Greasemonkey installed :)
    Posted 13 years ago by Leimailu Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I do have it installed, should I reinstall it?

Edit: Got it, I didn't know that when the Greasemonkey icon was dimmed it was disabled. So great that these scripts work again :D Thank you!
    Posted 13 years ago by Sunburst Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh my GOOOOOOOOOD. The sorting by type. I think I'm in love. 
    Posted 13 years ago by Jhennauchan Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Updates updates updates! 
    (A Glitch can't go to sleep around here without waking up to a *freaking* launch can she?! ;))

Skill Helper: bit.ly/gqueue
    Auction Sniper: bit.ly/gauctionsniper
    Location Checker: code.google.com/p/glitch-lo...

Other scripts can be updated from userscripts.org/users/39781...

ETA: Firefox users, you will need to remove uninstall the old script and install the latest one again (you don't usually have to, but it's a domain change this time and GM doesn't do those so well)
    Posted 13 years ago by ping Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 Ping!
    Posted 13 years ago by Gloopy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks for the scripts!
    Posted 13 years ago by Hameigh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • thanks to all those who got on top of updating the scripts. Luv ya!
    Posted 13 years ago by Lotus26 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks Ping!
    Posted 13 years ago by nhex Subscriber! | Permalink
  • took a bit to find the new scripts...thanks to all that did them so fast!!
    Posted 13 years ago by KinOfWolf~♥ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks so much for the quick updates!!!

Has anyone updated the favor checker script yet?  I use that one regularly early in the game as I'm waiting on emblems, since I don't always see the ingame notification...Nice to be able to just see it all on the front page vice having to click on each giant...
    Posted 13 years ago by ~Pink Flamingo~ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Skill checker script (FF version at least) doesn't seem so happy with the new URLs, I had to add the user configurations to get it to execute on:

www.glitch.com
    www.glitch.com/
    www.glitch.com/#
    Posted 13 years ago by RealJimBob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks for the speedy updates - these scripts are brilliant!
    Posted 13 years ago by icatchm0nkeys Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The sorting by type on the achievement page is slick as hell. Thanks!
    Posted 13 years ago by Jarhaven Subscriber! | Permalink
  • To Ping: I am running on chrome and from your script page I am not getting version 2.o but 1.9. The choose skill box on homepage is imposed below the enter world tab, any suggestions(?) and thank you for a great app.
    Posted 13 years ago by Fallulla Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Location checker is funky -- the street listing doesn't match the in-game map.  Is there a more current version than http://code.google.com/p/glitch-location-checker/, or do you think it's a database issue with TS?

Also, I loooooooooooooooove these scripts!!!  Thanks to all who worked on them!
    Posted 13 years ago by Pallas Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Fallulla: Sorry, I messed up on the version numbering. Please reinstall again, and refresh your Glitch home page.

@Pallas: The street listing in the location checker is manually maintained. It would help if you tell us what's missing so we can match it up. The default location page without the script running is even "funkier" with regards to keeping up with the in-game map. :)
    Posted 13 years ago by ping Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The ones that I found so far are Martleby Hare and Vicar's Peak in Groddle Heights (they're in the list but not on the map).  There are also streets on the map in that area that are not on the list, but I didn't note them at the time.

I didn't know if it was helpful to give detailed information, but now that I do I'll take better notes!
    Posted 13 years ago by Pallas Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @ Pallas: Marleby Hare and Vicar's Peak are examples of "seam streets"---secret and only accessible using a key. They do not show on maps because they are secrets:) The wiki discusses these secret streets.
    Posted 13 years ago by GreyGoose Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I used the Skill Queuer before the launch, but I've had trouble with it since then.  I'm using Chrome on a Macbook.  (My Macbook Pro is in the shop right now, but that's what I was using most of the time before the launch.)  I try to install it and I get a message that says "tried to install" but then it's not installed.  Likewise with these other apps, they sound great!  But I have yet to see them work yet.  Thanks for these, BTW, they are truly awesome ideas!   And I *loved* the queuer before it went kaplooie. 
    Posted 13 years ago by Reba Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Anyone else having trouble keeping the queue going? I left mine with a few skills queued up (once I was eligible to learn, mind you) for a few hours but it stopped learning after the second one or so.

Does it just time out after a while?

And, yes, I left the browser open to the Glitch site.
    Posted 13 years ago by shipwreck Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Just refresh the browser. It's not actually stopped, @shipwreck.
    Posted 13 years ago by Fokian Fool Subscriber! | Permalink
  • queuer is totally not working for me... i even got in there and changed the last domain from alpha... to www.glitch.com still didnt work... any advise?
    Posted 13 years ago by Krushak Subscriber! | Permalink
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8