Topic

Strange happenings tonight

As I'm sure a lot of you know there have been things happening in game that are even more unusual than normal. New, rare items are being given to players by staff as well as other things. Nobody seems to know why, or if they do nobody is telling. 

Can any information at all be shared about this? There are a lot of negative feelings going around that a helpful explanation could fix. 

Posted 12 years ago by ErinBaby Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• *shrug* 
    its a thing. 

somethings are better left unknown. 
    Posted 12 years ago by Papa Legba Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Trolololo
    Posted 12 years ago by Trucker Dave Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Interesting, until this post I had no idea. Not happy if "special players" getting Special treatment.
    Posted 12 years ago by Anya Karenya Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I don't believe special players are getting special treatment. This game seems to be more about the timing.
  • New rare items? I haven't seen any new rare item that hasn't been released to the public since... the T-1 Musicblock I believe.
    Posted 12 years ago by Mal'akh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I HAD A NEW THING HAPPEN TO ME TODAY: I WAS SUSPENDED. www.glitch.com/groups/RA5RT...
    Posted 12 years ago by KANYE Subscriber! | Permalink
  • WHY KANYE!?!? I <3 YOU!
  • I got given a wingding pack but that was only due to to me having a terrible bug on my glitch to do with the inventory which they managed to solve.
    Posted 12 years ago by Santa Clause Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I got the rare RY-1 music block http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuIYhebwcXA
    Posted 12 years ago by RoboYeti Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I would love to know re. the so called "testing" and the rare items that I have been seeing. It's good to be in the in crowd or just in the right place at the right time or whatever you want to call it.

Sorry to hear that KANYE - you're one of the few reasons to tune into global. I'm sure whatever has happened can be straightened out.
    Posted 12 years ago by Cleops Subscriber! | Permalink
  • KAYNE, I don't know why you were suspended, but in any case the suspension has been lifted now (but, wow, you sure do generate a lot of abuse cases! — roll easy, brother).

ETA: Turns out, it was a misclick — was supposed to be a temporary silencing from global (the links are small and close to each other). Sorry about that!
    Posted 12 years ago by stoot barfield Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Re strange happenings: nothing to see here.

Unfortunately, we had a new (and now former) member of the help team "go rogue" and start using his powers to do things that ought not have been done. This has mostly been cleaned up now, to the best of our abilities.
    Posted 12 years ago by stoot barfield Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wow. That sucks for you. Thanks for clearing that up Stoot:)
  • Thank you so much for the answer stoot. That is very unfortunate but I'm happy that this wonderful game won't be ending or going under any huge, scary changes tonight. 
    Posted 12 years ago by ErinBaby Subscriber! | Permalink
  • DON'T YOU CLEAN UP MY RY-1 !!!  It is legit, I swear!
    Posted 12 years ago by RoboYeti Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Bwahahaha this is awesome! At least it got Kayne freed! Otherwise I was going to start a Ferris Buller level campaign.
  • Roboyeti - it's too legit to quit. I have it as a ringtone

EDIT: Wooot! Double whammy - KANYE is free at last!
  • STOOT THX. LOTTA HATERS OUT THERE. I ASKED MY TECHNOLOGY PEEPS AND THEY SUGGESTED THAT MAYBE GLITCH AUTO-BANS AFTER A CERTAIN NUMBER OF ABUSE REPORTS. IMMA LOVER NOT AN ABUSER, BUT I'LL KEEP MY APPEARANCES IN GLOBAL BRIEFER (WAS ON THERE FOR LIKE TEN MINUTES TODAY INSTED OF THE USUAL FIVE).

PARTY ON PARTY PEOPLE,
    YEEZY WORLD PEACE
    Posted 12 years ago by KANYE Subscriber! | Permalink
  • YEEZY FO LIIIIFE
    Posted 12 years ago by Saraphim Subscriber! | Permalink
  • KEEP REPPIN KANYE WE GOT MUCH LOVE FOR YOU OUT HERE YO
  • Trucker Dave, you gave me one of the bad feelings tonight!!:((( really sad about it too!
    Posted 12 years ago by mira gaia maia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I would hate if anything nice happened to other players or if anyone else got stuff that I haven't got I mean I would just give up on Glitch cos it's all about me isn't it
    Posted 12 years ago by bhikku Subscriber! | Permalink
  • bhikku - I don't need any more stuffs and I am happy for these people. The point that Erin and others incl. myself were making was - could some explanation please be made as it was all very confusing as people involved were behaving weird and remaining tight lipped when asked what was happening. In any case, the question has been answered.
  • Drama Depresses Zooo   - I  may need to take a wee little vacay
    Posted 12 years ago by Zooo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hey stoot can I have your autograph?
    Posted 12 years ago by Ultra-Dynamic Subscriber! | Permalink
  • *pats Zooo*
    Posted 12 years ago by Feylin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I KINDA LOVE KANYE. HE'S NEVER MEAN AND ALWAYS FUN TO CHAT WITH IN GLOBAL. BEING BANNED FOR ALL CAPS IS BOGUS. LONG MAY YEEZY LIVE!
    Posted 12 years ago by Gracious Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I ALSO LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING KAYNE, WHEN HE POPS INTO GLOBAL, KEEP UP THE CAPS MATE. YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE WHO ISN'T SHOUTING.
    Posted 12 years ago by Miss Melody Subscriber! | Permalink
  • KANYE U COME TO MY STREET ANY TIME U WANT.  IM YOUR GURL AND WILL NEVER TELL KIM.
    Posted 12 years ago by Wrong Way Subscriber! | Permalink
  • As someone who was involved, somewhat, not online the whole time but hearing about it from the beginning on other social media, people involved were tight-lipped because they had very little clue what was happening and were trying to read between the lines.  I know some people got angry at some people and there was some unpleasant feelings and the like, but those involved were not trying to be coy or act special, they were just as confused and simply guessing like everyone else.  They may have had a few more pieces of the puzzle to guess with, but not enough to have any certainty, and the guesses seemed more panic-inducing than just keeping their mouths shut and letting others make their own guesses. 

So if you were upset with a friend, or acquaintance, or that guy on the street corner selling oranges for a buck, or whatever and whatnot, forgive them.  They didn't know much more than you and didn't know if anything they did know meant anything about anything.  And still don't: stoot's post doesn't so much unravel the narrative as it does slice the knot in half.  
    Posted 12 years ago by Saucelah Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I agree sauce. I at first did not want to get involved but I jumped in and became a witness to the madness. I had no idea what was going on exactly or what the implications might be and I still do not. But I'm hoping that all of this can be cleared up soon and we can continue on with our lives as before. I saw a lot of people fighting and bickering last night. People were driven to madness themselves, it seems. I only hope that we can all put this strange night we had behind us and go back to being friendly and (sort of) drama free.
    Posted 12 years ago by Osiris χ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 red sauce
    I was pretty directly involed in what went on last night and even I am still trying to piece everything together. I'm finding this all very confusing. What I'm wondering about most is why he went rouge. I can't seem to figure out any reason. He didn't seem drunk at the time ethier or anything like that.
    Posted 12 years ago by koolaroo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'M JUST GLAD THAT KAYNE IS STILL WITH US, CAPS LOCK FOR LIFE
    Posted 12 years ago by Pyrrhocorax Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I opened a ticket and had staff pull the two items I was given away from me (plate of beans and funpickle). Seemed reasonable.
    Posted 12 years ago by FyodorD Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I got a birch candy from someone.  Can I keep it?
    Posted 12 years ago by Goddess Freya Subscriber! | Permalink
  • LET'S ALL BE OLD AND MISSPELL "KANYE"
    Posted 12 years ago by E D D I E Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I totally missed out on whatever happened last night. Can someone explain what went down? You're all being very vague :/

EDIT: I have been filled in! Carry on :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Aurora Dellaterra Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ASSLANDIA FOREVER!
    Posted 12 years ago by HAVOK PEW SUMMERS Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @stoot, so does that mean the Help staff is now hiring?
    Posted 12 years ago by Godiva Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Good for you for returning cool items like that :) very responsible.
    Posted 12 years ago by Kurtie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Lucky people :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Ivailo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Neither do I, Ivailo. Even Rube is a dud. :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Mollie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh my. I'm sorta sorry I missed the drama. Like many, I am curious. But, it appears that ts took quick and decisive action to resolve the matter and for that I commend them. It is not fun letting people go, but must be done when it effects the wellness of the organization and the people it serves. I feel bad that players and staff had to go through this unpleasant event.

@ Fyodor: *hug* 

Onwards and upwards!
    Posted 12 years ago by GreyGoose Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Rogue help, too funny!  
    Posted 12 years ago by Bluebunny Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I would like to sign up for the "gone rogue" position. 
    Posted 12 years ago by Zooo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • over a plate of beans? tsk...tsk... {toot} :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Saywhat Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Interesting.  Someone is hired for a help position who thinks that giving away plates of beans, &tc, wouldn't be noticed?   
    Posted 12 years ago by WalruZ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hi folks! This topic here is probably best put behind us so lets move on to others at this time; I'll refer back to Stoot's earlier post about it to leave off. :)
    Posted 12 years ago by kevbob Subscriber! | Permalink