Topic

The most flattering moment of my Ur existence...what is yours?

http://www.glitch.com/snaps/PUV8S9J1PAD3RO7/174366-4eb77ff50f/

Thank you all...

Posted 11 years ago by rorschach Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I was walking around in the scion mask and had a purple dress on, another player handed me a note.

It said something along the line of me being well dressed.

Anyhow it is in the top floor of my tower if anyone would like to see. Also,many other notes people gave me.
    Posted 11 years ago by Thursday Soleil Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Cool Thursday, hopefully other people will add things to this thread, we had (have) a hell of a community.
  • When someone in Global recognised me off another website (Plurk). I felt famous for all of 5 seconds.
    Posted 11 years ago by Rammi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • visiting a home street and finding out they had a street sign shortcut to *my* street.

old housing system, all the welcome to the quarter/block notes and jars of jam left outside my homes.  I saved the notes.
    Posted 11 years ago by Minkey Subscriber! | Permalink
  • When people started recognizing me on the street from my posts in the forums.  To be complimented on my words, whether deserved or not, is such a high honor.  I'm not one to gauge my own fame, but I'm thankful to everyone who appreciated my limited point of view, and I hope that everyone (who had a good point of view at least) understands properly that I appreciated theirs even more!  ;p
    Posted 11 years ago by Carl Projectorinski Subscriber! | Permalink
  • hanging out with a level 4 player and helping them come to grips with the game... 
    A few months later a total noob in global dissing me and that same player I'd helped out all that time ago telling them to pull their head in because 'Arietty's fabulous!'
    Posted 11 years ago by Arietty Subscriber! | Permalink
  • When Theremina Lute gave me a cucumber :) 

I kept it for months and months until I accidentally chopped it up into a salad :(
    Posted 11 years ago by Cefeida Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Stoot left some hairball flowers with my butler and said "You're pretty." *swoon!*
    Posted 11 years ago by Chazerei Subscriber! | Permalink
  • mine was when I was a newbie and someone commented on my outfit.  And my outfit was one of those newbie common outfits. It really made me feel speical
    Posted 11 years ago by Sad Pollen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • When I reached first place in GlitchMash :-)
    Posted 11 years ago by Spree Subscriber! | Permalink
  • These are some awesome moments folks! Keep em comin!
  • Just after I got the top contribution in the first feat of the first epic (Hispikulus's Amazing Ramble) I got celebrity treatment from quite a few people and even a couple of stalkers, it was more fun than actually doing the Feat!
    Posted 11 years ago by Potian Dragoon Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I don't know if this was a "flattering moment" per se, but last July, when we still had housing streets, I left a note with some drinks and pickles outside my house saying "hi" to my neighbors. Came back a few Glitch days later, and my neighbors left more fun stuff and more notes saying "hi". I loved it!

Then, I came back home a while later to find EVERYTHING GONE. So I left an angry note calling the culprit(s) "thieving bastards" and all they deserved was an asston of lemon juice and a near-useless DG-2 musicblock. I think I was having a bad day, and this was the icing on the shit cake.

I came back a day or two later and to my amazement, this sight welcomed me in front of Chez Blogkitten:

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6028/5940066981_49674cfc9f_o.jpg

I still don't know who did it -- if it was an individual or a team of awesome Glitchens -- but they made my day on that cloudy, stormy morning!

It's stuff like that I will miss the most: the awesome people. >^.^<
    Posted 11 years ago by blogkitten Subscriber! | Permalink
  • That one time I made a suggestion in the ideas forum, and the devs not only went for it, they named an item after me :D  Every so often, I'll be running around in Ur and someone will say something in local like, "OMG, it's Caiyot!" and it makes me all warm and fuzzy. Other members of Civility even gave me their Caiyotite beads so I could hand them out when that happened.

That's my most flattering moment in ANY game, not just Glitch, and you'd best believe I'll be saving those Encyclopedia pages!
    Posted 11 years ago by Caiyot Subscriber! | Permalink