Topic

Better place, one of acceptance and love.

I don't know what to say to all of you, I can see many of you go through a process of grieving, just as I have.
I felt like an idiot for doing so because after all this is just a game...

But that is where we lie to ourselves. Some of you have spent a couple years enjoying and getting to know each other through this game.

I myself have made some awesome friends, and just associated with people I would have never met otherwise.

Upon learning of the closing, I felt sadness. To put it into perspective, I cried for a day and a half, got sick to my stomach, and just got really angry.

I don't remember feeling this way for any event in my life, not even the death of loved ones. Which makes me realize I saw things way out of proportion and I needed to figure out why and how to make it feel better.

If you are out there having a hard time with this closure, I understand that feeling and perhaps it isn't the actual closing as the sense of losing something that connected us with people we have grown to love. As so many of you have so well stated, this game has seen you through tough time, but really it wasn't the game. It was the amazing people who populated it.

One of my favorite authors is Joseph Campbell, and one of the most influential things he is famous for saying is, "Follow your bliss". We are all meant to do this. In our own way.

I hope that resonates with all of you because it helped me to see what is most important. It isn't the game, it is the people. It isn't a closure, but a chance for those people who tried to create this for use to perhaps find what will be the most blissful path for themselves. We are lucky to have had the chances to
connect with eachother as we have.

If this is rambly, sorry. I just felt that I needed to get it out. I don't want to see anyone in pain, and I want us all to leave here knowing that it rocked, and added so much joy to perhaps ordinary lives otherwise.

Some of you have said how the game has inspired you in things you have chosen to do with your lives. That is the best gift we as a community can give back, and it is the most precious gift they have given us.

I have accepted this for all that it is, for all that it never got to become because, it was truly blissful while we got to play with eachother for awhile.

And I have chosen to stay connected with my friends in any way I can, because in the end they are what matters most.

Much LOVE, lobe and luv to all of you and thanks for making an extraordinary game that we could really get to know other people playing!!!

Posted 11 years ago by Thursday Soleil Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• +1
    Posted 11 years ago by Carl Projectorinski Subscriber! | Permalink
  • We love you, too, Thursday!
    Posted 11 years ago by Chazerei Subscriber! | Permalink
  • lovely sentiments Thursday :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Avery♥ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thursday, I did exactly the same kind of soul-searching you did when I realized how upset I was about this and couldn't entirely explain why. And here's my answer: not only is the community here amazing with its kind acceptance, encouragement, and spirit of fun but the game itself was also a beautiful thing in a world that often takes itself way to seriously. A reminder to play and share in the joy of imagination.

And so even though this game is going away and I'm really sad about that, I hope to take the lessons that I've learned here and spread them.
    Posted 11 years ago by Fern Connelly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • "It isn't the game, it is the people."

That is true for all who worked on the game too.
    I didn't have a job at Tiny Speck. I did have a place to go and make a silly game with my buddies though. That's what I'll miss the most. Before I started working here, I wouldn't leave my house for anything. But Tiny Speck became the closest thing I had to a second home.
    Coming in to the office to make dong jokes with my buddies, make up something silly for the game, draw a piece of piggy crap, drink some tequila because it's Tuesday, signing into the game and make some more dong jokes with the players, draw assets that look like dongs, I don't know everybody in the world, but I don't think a lot of people get to do that.
    I learned a lot in my time here from everybody at Tiny Speck and especially the players. It's that when I'm surrounded by good people, it turns out I do like people after all.
    Posted 11 years ago by Kukubee Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +100 to all that has been said here.
    Posted 11 years ago by Holly Waterfall Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Most of it was the players, but some of it (for me) was truly the artwork and the music. 

Ofcourse, I adore Kukubee, Danny, and rayn.

;)
    Posted 11 years ago by Innie✿, Obviously Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Did different staff play "GOD"?

I keep starting to sing...  What if GOD were one of us....
    Posted 11 years ago by Pirate Apples Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Like a stranger on the bus....~.^
    Posted 11 years ago by Thursday Soleil Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Well said.  You come across as a very gentle person, Thursday Soleil.  I don't think I've ever seen you write anything mean or harsh or judging.  I'll miss you even though I really only know you by way of your posts and pictures.
    Posted 11 years ago by Minkey Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Beautiful and true.
    Posted 11 years ago by Feylin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you for posting this, Thursday.

I came into glitch with no idea of what it was, but it helped me to see there are people worth living for, fighting for and loving, and it helped me focus on things through hard stuff in real life. It helped me stay connected with my family and strengthened our bonds in ways real life could not do. It showed me people could be kind, genuine and helpful.

Glitch, TS staff and the players, were as a light in the dark for me, and now that I am ready to fly, you have go.

Doesn't really stop the sick feeling in my stomach, and more than anything, I will terribly miss not having a safe place to play with my family, but it is time to move on.

Thankyou again for this post, Thursday, makes me feel much better reading it and knowing that I am not alone in feeling the way I do. Please keep in touch, it was wonderful to have met you here. Hugs - Nat

(Edited to cut out offtopic rambling :p)
    Posted 11 years ago by natsumi Subscriber! | Permalink