Topic

(second edit: it's better!) (edit: it's WORSE) facebook/twitter buttons...

Would there be any way to have them not show up?  Maybe they only show up if you've linked your account or something? Or a "don't show me again"?  Or they could be smaller?

second edit: They added more options to share your snaps, but the "done" button is prominent  in comparison and as someone who is going for that button it feels a lot more natural to me.  Yay!

edit, 19 days after original post - 
The above was for the buttons that appear when you are done with taking a snap.

And now the same can be asked about the buttons for in-game achievement pages.  These buttons are deliberately placed to be in the way of clicking to move on from the page.  They're WAY too big and they do not need to be in the way.  They're actually bigger than the button for moving on from the achievement page, and that combined with the fact that they're the first buttons you come to make me think that they've been designed to be as completely blatant as possible.  If this weren't Tiny Speck I'd think the button size and placement was deliberately chosen to get us to click on it accidently.  I'm not that cynical yet because it IS TS, but this is something I'd expect to see from other games.

People who want to tweet or share can find the dang buttons if they're small and at the bottom of the screen and that would allow people who don't want to do it to ignore them much easier.  

ALSO, there is no reason we can't have a hide button, preference, option, etc for sharing with outside websites as many players do not want to do it and will never do it and find it DISTRACTING and DETRACTING from their gameplay.

I'm sorry, I did NOT join this game to see logos for outside products in my face while I play.  I know for a fact that the devs can come up with something that gives people who want to share on outside websites the ability to do so without being SO obnoxious.  Please, please think about working on this. Thanks.

Posted 12 years ago by diaveborn ♥ Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• +1
    Posted 12 years ago by LųĉĩđεşşΨ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Maybe a little "hide" button by them that hides them and keeps them hidden until you show them.
    Posted 12 years ago by Osiris χ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 Gah! What have I gotta do to escape social networking
    Posted 12 years ago by Cleops Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh, I'm SO in agreement with this suggestion! I get so peeved when I'm trying to see my "not online" friends and I accidentally click on the small area nearby that redirects me to the "invite your friends" page. Oh! To quote Yosemite Sam, "That really burns my biscuits!"
    Posted 12 years ago by Ann DramaDuh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • OMG! It's worse than I thot! What you all are talking about is what is showing up now when you take a snapshot! I'm seeing red now.
    Posted 12 years ago by Ann DramaDuh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I also do not like havng twitter and facebook shoved in my face everytime I take a photo, I do not want to publish on either atm so please can we have an opt out option maybe even a preference one so we can switch it on if we do want to publish at a later date.
    Posted 12 years ago by Faereluth Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I actually love the buttons.
    Posted 12 years ago by Serenity's Mommy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • A hide option as Osiris said would be better than a "don't show me again" option as that way it would be available if anyone decided they wanted it after deciding to hide it.
  • +1 am not on FB and have no intention of ever joining...
    Posted 12 years ago by Arietty Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 no need for those buttons in-game
    Posted 12 years ago by Lemo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Or... people who use Facebook could link up with Glitch somehow, and only they would see the popup.
    Posted 12 years ago by Feldspar Gravity Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It could be a Preference.
    Posted 12 years ago by AwesomeCardinal2000 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 I would also like to be able to 'hide' these buttons. 
    Posted 12 years ago by Jacuzzi Queen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Signed.
    Posted 12 years ago by Not a Princess Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'd like to have the option to hide them, as my accounts (at least my FB) are mostly for RL and kept separate from my gaming identity. Also, they look out of place. If I end up using them (i.e. whenever I get back to tweeting) I'd like to select them from a drop down menu or similar, but I don't want them there all the time, that's not what this game is about for me.
    Posted 12 years ago by Rannera Subscriber! | Permalink
  • And now it's on achievement pages.

Added to the original post.
  • Doesn't bother me at all, didn't even notice it was there.  Sorry you guys are upset, I just wanted to share a different opinion too.  Since I didn't notice in the first place and have no desire to post snaps to facebook or twitter or whatever, I have no problem with them being moved/hidden but also, like I said, I thought the addition was barely noticeable.
    Posted 12 years ago by Horakely Subscriber! | Permalink
  • While I understand that TS is trying to grow via word of mouth, the buttons end up looking like advertisements for the other companies.  The first thing that popped into my head upon seeing them was actually, "I hope TS is getting paid to put those ads there."
    Posted 12 years ago by glum pudding Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'll never link a twitter or FB account. Please let me not see these anymore.
    Posted 12 years ago by Pascale Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I do not like it either...(it's not that I throw my screen through the room or whenever I see the buttons, but I do not like Facebook, or Twitter or any other kind of "social" network for many reasons)

I do have a Facebook account, but only because I HAD to because almost everyone who I know uses it >_<.

As I said before: If TS adds features or functions where you're required to log into any kind of social network...I'm outta here. (Sorry TS, but some people do not like to "share their things with the world")

Facebook isn't your friend... they sell every tiny thing you post on Facebook what could be used commercially to big companies and get thousands of dollars for it...

So please makes it hidden unless we want to share something (I've already blocked the ones on the website)

Thanks,

Rutger
    Posted 12 years ago by Rutger Subscriber! | Permalink
  • if you hate them that much,  install adblock and block them
    Posted 12 years ago by shhexy corin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • or, you know, just ignore them because they're of no use/interest to you
  • @shhexy corin: Yeah.. I forgot to add that I got that installed and blocked the ones on the website :)

Oh.. and I do not hate it.. I just don't like social networks
  • I think they're pretty good and understand their purpose
  • I think making them optional would be best. That way, people who like them can have them and people who don't like them don't have to have them!
    Posted 12 years ago by Pyrrhocorax Subscriber! | Permalink
  • shhexy corin wrote: just ignore them because they're of no use/interest to you

I can understand that TS tries to get a bigger audience, but they could atleast make a toggle for it...
  • My point is that with the amount of screen real estate they take up on the achievement notification it is IMPOSSIBLE for me to ignore them.  I was working on ignoring the ones on the snaps dialogue but the achievement ones are beyond necessary with how in-your-face they are.
  • Maybe the Facebook and Twitter icons should be shortened to just the logos, if real estate is such a big issue.  

Somewhat intentional puns aside, I do admit to being somewhat offput when they appeared on my feats screen the first time. I figure if a person is that interested in how I'm doing in Glitch, they're checking my achievements through their updates, and I'm making the assumption that I'm not the only one with this logic here.
    Posted 12 years ago by Caesura Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    Posted 12 years ago by Existential Doubt Subscriber! | Permalink
  • None of my friends lets game spam into their Facebook/Twitter stream. Please let us disable the buttons if we haven't linked a FB or Twitter account, or at least make them smaller and less intrusive. I'm always afraid I'm going to embarrass myself by hitting one.
    Posted 12 years ago by Lucille Ball Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I like what they've done with the snaps thing now as the done button is front-and-center so it makes it a lot more natural for people who aren't ever going to be sharing.  Thanks TS - it might not seem like a big deal to some players but sometimes small changes can really make a difference.

I haven't gotten any other achievements so I'm not sure if that page looks different but if it goes along the lines of the snaps dialogue as I hope and think it will I personally will be pleased.
  • I would love a preference to hide these buttons, they clash so much.
    Posted 12 years ago by Toksyuryel Subscriber! | Permalink