Topic

Stack up/internal sortitude should not be cards

Stack up and internal sortitude are pretty essential UI functions. Inventory management is not fun without them, especially without internal sortitude. I wasn't bothered by the cost of Internal Sortitude when it was first introduced becasue 30K iMG isn't a big deal on a character with a high level of skills and upgrades, but on my lvl 12 noob, the 30K iMG cost is breathtakingly expensive.

I really don't think these should even be upgrade cards, or if they are they should be like mappery, presented on the tutorial island. Being required to grind in order to get basic UI functions really isn't a good idea and not having bag-organizing skills really detracts from gameplay.

Posted 12 years ago by Lucille Ball Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• YMMV.  I sprang for them both on my alt and barely use them because the categories are so limited.
    Posted 12 years ago by Annuska Subscriber! | Permalink
  • We all survived for what, two years before they introduced bag sorting options? The newbies will do just fine.

30k is a lot, but I do think it should be somewhat of a frivolous purchase. It's like a smartphone in that it is not necessary by any stretch of the mind, it is only for convenience, and it costs more than is at all reasonable.
    Posted 12 years ago by Biohazard Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I second the YMMV comment above.  I HATE bag organization as it is right now and never really use it.  To choose just one example, I have a bag called "Drinks" in which I keep mixed drinks and butterfly milk.  But the game does not consider milk a drink -- it consideres it a basic resource.  There are at least a dozen little category conflicts like this that make the bag organization much, much more trouble than it's worth for me;  I would rather organize by hand than have to remember what the game thinks belongs together which does not fit my personal logic.  If the system were more finely tuned I might consider it useful, but for now I just live without, and don't think of it as a hardship.
    Posted 12 years ago by Pale Queen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Likewise it considers planks a food, because technically yes you can eat a plank if you're really desperate and have nothing else to eat.

My problem with sortitude/magic sort isn't their cost or the fact that they're upgrades.  It's that they work so badly.
    Posted 12 years ago by Alaric Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I opted to pass on the card when it came through my deck, because at the time 30k seemed excessive for something I was already doing by hand and I could think of a lot of better things to do with 30k.

It hasn't come back by and I'm living just fine without it.

So, I'd agree that it's expensive, but more in the sense that it's overpriced for what it offers you; I don't agree that it's essential.
    Posted 12 years ago by Colette Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I like the sort of manufacturing stuff. That one works well for me. The others aren't as helpful.

I'd like a card for making the bigger bags even bigger. That would be a help.
    Posted 12 years ago by Tibbi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Agreed, Alaric. It would be fabulous if we could create our own categories and define which objects they contain, but that would probably require coding sorcery on a level which my technologically-challenged brain cannot begin to understand.
    Posted 12 years ago by Aurora Dellaterra Subscriber! | Permalink
  • A fuzzy logic algorithm could simply adapt to your bagging preferences:

* Which bags you put {item}
    * Which {itemB} you like to stack next to {itemA}

(Its actually a neural net, since it would "learn" by watching you manually move inventory around)
    Posted 12 years ago by Sturminator 5 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Agreement bump-I want my img back
    Posted 12 years ago by Mt Dew Me Subscriber! | Permalink
  • -1 they're not essential features and we need iMG sinks
    Posted 12 years ago by Janitch Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My problem with sortitude/magic sort isn't their cost or the fact that they're upgrades.  It's that they work so badly. --Alaric

sturminator's idea looks like to have the most clean result, no premade categories, just adjacent stacking, with memory in case the item runs out

about the cost it's indeed too high for a UI functions, at least for the current one
    and there should be better things to use as img sinks... -.- (why not making jumping an img sink then? :P )
    Posted 11 years ago by Zean Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I am glad they are cards and I am glad they aren't mandatory to pick during the tutorial...because I don't want them.  Autostacking would ruin my system, and as others have said, it sounds like the sorting isn't really accurate/customize-able.  I use the system of keeping one item in a slot should I want other things to load to that slot as I am harvesting or making.  The autostacking would mess that system up.  Right now, I have little problem with organizing things to my specs using this method.  I currently avoid buying these two cards.  Had they been introduced earlier, I'd be even more annoyed with how often I'd have to be reshuffling when they appeared.
    Posted 11 years ago by Holly Wolly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I don't use either of these functions either: their organizational functionality doesn't match my organizational requirements. Too many things don't go automatically where I think they should. If I could refund those cards, I would.
    Posted 11 years ago by Kip Konner Subscriber! | Permalink