Topic

Regarding Rook Attacks

I would like to see a little more mystery surrounding these.  I think with the butler notification it takes away much of the 'mystery and puzzle' aspect of the Rook Attack.

From a computer standpoint, I think that with the butler saying it, it brings a lot of people who know nothing about rook attacks to the street and causes so much lag you can't even enjoy the attack.

I would like to see either multiple rook attacks at the same time, in the hopes to divide and conquer the players and ease the servers for each street or for butlers to not announce them unless someone reaches a certain skill?  Perhaps throw in a rook calling skill or something.

Just a few thoughts.

Posted 11 years ago by Mell Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• the butler could only say the region in which the attack is happening, or only say "an attack is happening" with no other informations

about multiple rook attacks, i think once i saw one happening, but i'm not sure, maybe someone can confirm?
    Posted 11 years ago by Zean Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Multiple Rook Attacks do happen, and more often than you would think
    The lag from so many people fighting the Rook can be a little off putting. So many times I see alerts and I want to go, but end up ignoring it because the hassle of the lag is to much. 

The Butlers announcing the attacks can sometimes be helpful. My butler has told me about several attacks, and once I show up to the street I am the only one there. The butlers do not always tell of attacks, at least I do not think they do, but I agree with your points. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Deus Marionette Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Attacks do happen at the same time --I remember there were three going on not so long ago; people had to ask for help on the rook alert channel. Also the lag depends on where and when it happens. Remote locations + non-American time + simultaneous or consecutive attacks = minimal lag (and rooks which are harder to defeat).

I like Zean's idea but I think I'm not sure it could work with multiple attacks. I mean logically the rook has enough time to kill everything if we wait too long. Part of the fun is the rush (but not the panic).
    Posted 11 years ago by Apolline Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I like the idea of a Butler giving just the region or an attack is happening.  Perhaps if no one's discovered it within say 10 minutes, the butler could give more specific information?  Smart ideas!
    Posted 11 years ago by Mell Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My butler is much too subdued.  "oh, by the way, have you heard, there's a rook attack somewhere, just thought I would mention it."   Instead, I think the butler should just run around in circles waving it's floppy little arms and yelling ROOK ATTACK!! ROOK ATTACK at the top of it's little capslock'd lungs.  It's supposed to be a big deal, right?
    Posted 11 years ago by WalruZ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My butler isn't telling me about rook attacks, and I can't find a setting to turn this feature on. I tried letting it tell me tips and tricks, but not a one of those has been a rook attack. What am I missing?
    Posted 11 years ago by Bleppo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Rook Attacks are boring anyway, because there's never a danger of losing, and there's no real risk of damage or loss. There's not even any skill involved in fighting.... it's all 'click here, then here, then here, wait for a bit, click again, rook defeated'. 

:/
    Posted 11 years ago by Cefeida Subscriber! | Permalink