Topic

GOD after the nekked feat

In case you happened to be offline I copied it from the chat window. :-)

Nov 8 5:42:22PM GOD Whutchu gonna do with all that ass, all that ass inside them jeans?

Nov 8 5:42:33PM GOD OMG!! Wrong window!! LOL!!!

Nov 8 5:42:56PM GOD My face so redddddddddddddddddddddddddddd!

Nov 8 5:43:20PM GOD Anyway kids, we got a great show for you tonight, a great show.

Nov 8 5:43:52PM GOD Where do I begin? With the new achievements for hi sign evasion?

Nov 8 5:44:24PM GOD No, no … not there. Maybe start at the end with the fact that you SUPERMEGABONUSED it and so we made ALL seeds stack to 50?

Nov 8 5:44:43PM GOD Nope. Hmm. That's not a big enough change (though it is nice). Aha! I got it now …

Nov 8 5:45:43PM GOD We should start where the last Epic ended and tell you about "social ice scraping": you see, the more people there are scraping one single nubbin, the more everyone gets: at least the number of people scraping, plus one.

Nov 8 5:46:04PM GOD That's much, much more fun.

Nov 8 5:47:01PM GOD BUT. THAT'S. NOT. ALL.

Nov 8 5:47:50PM GOD No, friends, it's not even the biggest thing. The biggest thing? That would be ALL THAT ASS!!!! Welcome to the wonders of Asslandia, the latest creation from the strange imagination of our own Keita Takahashi.

Nov 8 5:48:46PM GOD That's right friends, it will have you asking, in a trembling voice, "is this real life?"

Nov 8 5:48:52PM GOD Of course it is!!!

Nov 8 5:50:14PM GOD Now I can't even remember if we also mentioned that the "traincoats" have been released, I'm so excited. If I did already, please accept my apologies. But, also, note that we made them super cheap (15 credits apiece) so pick up a locomotive and a train car version and keep it handy in your saved outfits.

Nov 8 5:51:40PM GOD By now you must be wondering "How can this game be SO AWESOME?"

Nov 8 5:51:59PM GOD No, I mean: you must be wondering, how do I get to experience Asslandia myself?

Nov 8 5:52:46PM GOD Well, as it said on Keita's original proposal, Asslandia "can be explored by mouth or by anal" (true fact; his English, bless him, is still not great).

Nov 8 5:53:13PM GOD But, to enter, you must first go in one of the dinosaur's mouths. And you can find those mouths ...

Nov 8 5:54:04PM GOD … in the following six locations: Cinnabar Chibe, Hazy Gate 3, Tambra Tiss,  Indulcet Fames, Buna Belt and Teobocci Shasha.

Nov 8 5:54:41PM GOD Indeed, it is like there is some intestinal tract connecting each of this six locations scattered at the far reaches of Ur so you can easily hop from place to place.

Nov 8 5:56:56PM GOD Well, that's all. But, we hope you're happy with so much released from this one little naked feat. And, if you're happy, you can support this game which you love SO MUCH by telling your friends and buying lots of imaginary clothing and furniture. We gotta keep the lights on here! Bless you all and have fun!

---------- And a bit later ----------

Nov 8 2012 8:22:38PM GOD Looking for Asslandia? DO NOT SPEAK OF ASSLANDINA! It's name has been changed to "Shim Shiri" (which was an alternate proposal mistakenly overlooked by our normally dilligent name-selecting committee).

Posted 12 years ago by Lucille Ball Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

Previous 1 2
  • I recently started playing and have really enjoyed Glitch.  I was playing with my daughter in the room when this text started rolling by in the chat window.  I couldn't figure out a way to make it stop besides just quitting.  I'm glad I did - I see it only got worse.  Is there a way to ignore these system messages?  Is this typical language and subject matter for this game?
    Posted 12 years ago by Boödle Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ASSLANDIA
    Posted 12 years ago by Sharmy Knope Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ASSLANDIAAAAA
    Posted 12 years ago by Spaghetti Thompson Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Boodle, yes it is.. this game is not for kids! It's in the ToS!
  • Well at least Nottis and Jal were GREAT upgrades......lol
    Posted 12 years ago by Jessenya Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Boodle, this game is full of adult humor, most of it subtle. This game is not for children or those who have a sensitive constitution. We have drugs, alcohol, nakedness, trees that make sexual passes at our characters and now Asslandia. 

So yes, this is the typical subject matter for Glitch. 
    Posted 12 years ago by Papa Legba Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Okay good to know - thank you.
    Posted 12 years ago by Boödle Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Asslandia is hardly subtle. I find the subtle sexual humor of the wood trees and gardens a lot more enjoyable. I am a little concerned that Glitch may be turning into something I won't like very much because Asslandia is so over-the-top. It's funny but I'm kind of left wondering what's next?
    Posted 12 years ago by Lucille Ball Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you for posting this! I was starting to wonder if Asslandia was some sort of exclusive reward.
    Posted 12 years ago by ZenMonkey Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Boodle: This is an adult game, minimum age is 14, but 14-17 year olds need to have permission to play from their parents - there are lots of innuendo's and blatant sexual/adult content scattered around Ur, an example of this is the "got crabs?" advert in the subway.

@God: Asslandia and everything about it is childish and does not fit in well with the game - I will never use it - it seams like you guys were on some serious drugs when you dreamed that up its almost as bad the  new "costumes" you added - are you trying to attract younger players to glitch? 
    Posted 12 years ago by Potian Dragoon Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The great thing about pretty much every zone in this game is no one has a gun to your head forcing you to go there.
    Posted 12 years ago by ZenMonkey Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I just want my pigacorn lol
  • Oh, I see, sexually molesting chickens, masturbating butterflies, using cocaine, going on LSD trips, and morning wood are all just perfectly fine and innocent, but crawling up (adorable) monsters' asses is BAD!
    Posted 12 years ago by Lady Door Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The graphics are cute, but I agree that TS stumbled from subtle into crude with this set of streets.
    Posted 12 years ago by Janitch Subscriber! | Permalink
  • IF you haven't talked to the wood trees yet....or got innuendo's from your Garden, yes this game IS NOT for children.....and yes its in the ToS (between innuendos everywhere, drugs, and drinking)....and GOD is often rather goofy/ raunchy/ pun riddled...things like that. So yes there is a lot of adult humor in game, and thats both normal and expected here. This was a bit over the top for them though, but not completely out of line either.
    Posted 12 years ago by Lyrical DejaVu Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I sorta get nervous when TS tells Us to buy more stuff :/ are you all in danger Of closing the Game?
    Posted 12 years ago by Ethereal Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I WANT MY DARN PIGACORN! lol
  • @Jessenya

www.glitch.com/status/PIF11...
    Posted 12 years ago by Mal'akh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • whoohoooooo!!!!!! 
  • Somebody has something against morning wood?
    Posted 12 years ago by WalruZ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • BTW, i think we deserve an Asslandia Completist badge, here's my very humble 4-minute photoshop suggestion:

http://imgur.com/08WLx

(so sorry about the catbutts)
    Posted 12 years ago by Lady Door Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Nice job Lady Door.
    Posted 12 years ago by Janitch Subscriber! | Permalink
  • "TS stumbled from subtle into crude"

Stumbled?  Rose!

Best sidescrolling proctological platformer EVAR!!!
    Posted 12 years ago by E D D I E Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm fascinated right now by the cultural divide. I've noticed before that Japan seems to have less of an issue frankly dealing with body parts: there are festivals to honor the breasts and penis in some areas, for example. I'm honestly saddened by the squeamishness of my own culture... oh, no, we have anuses and poop! How horrid! Actually, how funny!
    Posted 12 years ago by Rattus Rattus Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I absolutely enjoy the silly and creative way this was done.   I think I am in love with the nose bubbles the most.  It is great to have something different going on for a change.
    Posted 12 years ago by Thursday Soleil Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Keita <3
    Posted 12 years ago by Voluptua Sneezelips Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks for posting this, Lucille! I wasn't able to be on-line at the end of the feat.
    Posted 12 years ago by kastlin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you Lucille Ball for the transcript! I missed the whole thing.

I for one happen to love Asslandia. I like beaming up and down the poop shoots, I like the sound effects, the look/art of it, and the quirky music (I do wish there was more to do down once you got down there..). Over all I think this was a fun and funny Feat, with a great reward. Thank you TS (how's that for brown nosing?!)!      
    Posted 12 years ago by Sadie the Goat Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Well, call me childish, because POOP is FUNNY.  I would like an ASS HAT, please....

(and by "ass hat" I don't mean Fyo stuck to my face)
    Posted 12 years ago by scroobienoob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I am sort of disappointed that the various walls do not pulsate, nor the polyps wave.  It's too static. 

Also, why don't these areas spawn guano?
    Posted 12 years ago by WalruZ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • You don't like FyodorD stuck to you? Why? ;D
  • Also, why don't these areas spawn guano?
    by WalruZ 

That... is a good question!
  • Good point Mal'akh, I do like a face full of furry Fyo.... maybe we can have little Fyo hats?  Our very own "butt heads" :D
    Posted 12 years ago by scroobienoob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This is great! I love the dinosaurs, and their esophoganus...tubes. Great stuff, more like this please:)
    Posted 12 years ago by Muncey Mango Subscriber! | Permalink
  • hahahahaha. C'mon, this is pretty amusing. I've seen much cruder (and much more offensive things .*shudders*) on the web.  Getting pooped out of a dinosaur into a cute, cartoony new hub area is pretty tame compared to other things on the internet. Besides, there was no poop, so what's the problem. (Though the name is.............pretty half arsed BUTT fitting. SEE WHAT I DID THERE)
    Posted 12 years ago by Yuki Aiko Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Did TS just call me a turd? Have to agree with Potian Dragoon. I find this very disturbing.
    Posted 12 years ago by MisBehavin' Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I am also offended and disappointed. These gastrointestinal tracts are HARDLY anatomically correct. Something a la The Magic School Bus would have been sufficient. (You know, like in the one where the kids almost get digested?) Come on TS, get it together! 

But seriously, it's pretty cool that there is now a cheaper alternative to the subway system. And the waggling tails are oddly endearing.
    Posted 12 years ago by Dr. Foxsocks Subscriber! | Permalink
  • When did the players of Glitch become so over sensitive?

The new streets and hub are cute.  It's not like you get chewed up, digested, and shit out onto some disgusting street.  It's playful.  Stop thinking so hard and enjoy the new content.
    Posted 12 years ago by a lifted pixel Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Can I just point out the obvious?

EVERYBODY POOPS
    Posted 12 years ago by Papa Legba Subscriber! | Permalink
  • GOD Looking for Asslandia? DO NOT SPEAK OF ASSLANDINA! It's name has been changed to "Shim Shiri" (which was an alternate proposal mistakenly overlooked by our normally dilligent name-selecting committee).

BAH! Just because the party poopers are loud doesn't mean many agreed

Ass is OK in PG movies...so why not here? 
    Posted 12 years ago by M<3tra, obviously Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Meh. 

Also, those entrances are an eyesore, sorry.
    Posted 12 years ago by Annuska Subscriber! | Permalink
  • How could you call this fella an eyesore :(
    Posted 12 years ago by Muncey Mango Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It's the equivalent of one of those inflatable lawn decorations. 
  • I think they're cute.
  • And I think they're blaringly incongruous and clumsy.  /shrug

I do think a glitchier name makes the whole thing less grating, however.
  • There's too many party poopers in this thread.

See what I did there :P
  • it seems to me that people really need to get the stick out of their shim shiri about it, if you know what i mean. these are six locations out of what, like, a good few hundred? 

fewer than one percent of places you will visit in this game will have dino mouths people
    Posted 12 years ago by the Great Zaven Subscriber! | Permalink
  • And that one percent is like the dead fruit fly in my glass of lemonade: trivial, yet off-putting.

It's great that you love it and all, but that doesn't mean people can't dislike it, for whatever reason and to whatever degree.  Opinions: we all have them.  Much like ... wait for it ... assholes.
  • I love the dinosaurs but they don't seem to fit very well aesthetically.  I mean, I know they're not SUPPOSED to 'fit' exactly, like, their appearance is sudden and mysterious and begging for backstory etc., but to me they feel kind of... carelessly photoshopped onto the streets?  The one in Balzare might be my favourite of the lot of 'em, bless its snotty nose, but wow, could anything possibly be LESS Balzare-y artwise.

(Edit:  Balzare, not Roobrik, sorry.)
    Posted 12 years ago by Pale Queen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • PQ: YES, this.

Like, maybe 35% of my problem with The Plane of Infinite Butts is that I flat don't like it -- there's other crap in Glitch that I don't care for, I deal with it.  I don't mind lawn inflatables either, but if I ran across one in a state park or my living room, I'd complain, because what the fuck.  Mostly I just think it's hugely jarring and out of character.  The name change helps.  If the dinos were less LOL I ARE CARTOON DINO LOOKIT MAH HUMOROUS SNOT BUBBLE ALL UP IN YOUR PRIMEVAL FOREST that would help too.
Previous 1 2