Topic

Your greatest Glitch accomplishment (brag here!)

This thread is for all of you out there who like to show off a little when you've done something you're proud of. I'm definitely one of those people, and I know there's got to be others around here. So tell us: what is your greatest accomplishment in the world of Glitch? Anything you feel like sharing!

(Can I start? ...Mine is when I was grinding like hell to reach level 60 before the switch from XP to iMG, and I ended up going from level 57 to 58 in just under 24 hours.)

Posted 12 years ago by Kestin Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Mine was getting the first in-game Gnipperite Gnecklace!
    Posted 12 years ago by JugglesXP Subscriber! | Permalink
  • mine was getting buying my first rare-ish item: the scion of purple cubimal. Oh and I was pretty excited as a newbie getting a magic rock cubimal from a box.
    Posted 12 years ago by Ultra-Dynamic Subscriber! | Permalink
  • That horrible Saint Peater badge whatever which you had to harvest 5000 peats! It was horrifically looooong and I could go my whole life without seeing another peat bog, but it sure did make me feel good to achieve!
    Posted 12 years ago by Kurtie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I think my Icon of Tii, which I grinded for for weeks as a newbie, because I loved Tii so much. Now I'm flying through the rest of my icons because I have EHSP and more gathering skills and knowledge about what's best to donate (plus I'm starting off with 5-6 emblems vs 1-2). But creating my first icon of Tii was a real landmark for me :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Sterne Subscriber! | Permalink
  • planting 34 potato seeds
    Posted 12 years ago by Rosedrake Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I recently got the Zombie badge which I have been trying for ages to get! My energy level has been at 1130 since the switch to iMG so that I can die easily. Now to die over 1000 times for the next badge!
    Posted 12 years ago by Montooli Subscriber! | Permalink
  • For me it's probably earning the Chute Jockey and Uberculturalist badges. I sent a huge chunk of time trying to earn those. And building the wall segments needed for my tower.
    Posted 12 years ago by AwesomeCardinal2000 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I defeated the Rook using nothing more than the shear power of awesome.
    Posted 12 years ago by Melting Sky Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Paying back a 1mm currant loan!
    Posted 12 years ago by Sturminator i` Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Getting all the cubimals sets, getting a imported yeti, getting a gng, oh and completing 3 artifacts.
    Posted 12 years ago by ❧ℜook❧ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Filling an SDB with wood, that took quite a good long while harvesting.
    Posted 12 years ago by Benzyl Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Mine is a bit lame. I think I was the first to declare in Global that there were fish swimming around in Jal.
    Posted 12 years ago by dm Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hitting level 60 under the old XP system. I worked hard to do it, but I enjoyed the most relaxing feeling once it was accomplished and enjoyed playing Glitch more during that (short) time than I ever did before or since.
    Posted 12 years ago by Flowerry Pott Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I insisted on getting all the cubimals by opening them from boxes.  When I persisted but was getting tired of looking for the Rube, I opened two in the same evening!
    Posted 12 years ago by Persephone Pear Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Mine is making hundreds (if not thousands) of sammiches for the Ajaya Bliss food pile IN A ROW.
    Posted 12 years ago by SeerQueen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Finally got my Globetrotter!
    Posted 12 years ago by Kip Konner Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I believe I was one of the first to get a chocolate egg from squeezing chickens. I mentioned it in global, thinking it was just a rare event, and to my surprise no one else seemed to know about it.

Also I got the Icebreaker badge before group scraping and the Cool as Ice upgrade came out.
    Posted 12 years ago by Nuveena Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Managing the wood route.
    Posted 12 years ago by SeerQueen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Made it from level 1 to level 60 in just a couple days over 2 months...
    Posted 12 years ago by Kremit Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I got my own shirt.
    Posted 12 years ago by The Cat Face Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I have a couple things to brag about but honestly my favorite was finally getting the Bounder, Tenured badge.
    Posted 12 years ago by Papa Legba Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Mine would be after taking a break of half a year to get back to 4th place in the Tii leaderboard within weeks...I worked so very hard on making stuff and donating....I'm very fond of Tii...
    Posted 12 years ago by Alyx Sands Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Globetrotter Extraordinaire, I guess.
    Posted 12 years ago by Dorothy Gale Subscriber! | Permalink
  • probably the moment i found out i won the party snap contest with 
    lem.to/p/ePVW

i seriously danced around my house and jumped around like a 5 year old on christmas morning.

#snapcontestwinnreproblems

bahaha
    Posted 12 years ago by awesome sauce01 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • my favorite was finally getting the Bounder, Tenured badge

ditto.  It took almost exactly an entire RL year of regular, but not obsessive, playing to get it.  Whooo!

ETA:  like many badges, I got it in the way I most prefer - it just showed up in the normal course of play. 
    Posted 12 years ago by WalruZ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I just filled up an SDB full of meat.  Woo.
    Posted 12 years ago by Zoethor2 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Cool as Ice  several days before the upgrade. Not the greatest, just the most fun grind ever. So fun it didn't feel like a grind.
    Posted 12 years ago by caley dunn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Winning the Rube-Shaped Potato in a songwriting contest! 
    Posted 12 years ago by Pii Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I invented a form of Glitch pranking, and only two or three other Glitches know about it.  (I'm also very -- well, mostly -- happy keeping it that way, so I'm not telling any more)
    Posted 12 years ago by Carl Projectorinski Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oooooh a shameless bragging thread?! Love it!

Um, where to start.... Coming first in the first feat of the first epic was awesome! I got a few other Glitches treat me like a celebrity for a while.

I recently broke the 100m currant barrier.

I "think" - Not sure - But I think I am the proud owned of the most Icons of Pot in the game!

Congrats to every one on your awesome achievements!
    Posted 12 years ago by Potian Dragoon Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Mine sounds boring compared to everyone else's, but I managed to complete the Ouzian necklace (my favorite artifact from the feats), and I was only level 20. :> I really danced around my room when I finished the necklace!
    Posted 12 years ago by tofuchan Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I handed out the first candy in Cebarkul today the instant Zilloween started!
    Posted 12 years ago by Kip Konner Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This badge by far is the one I'm proudest to call owned. It took a lot of time to plan the routes that would net me the most hits and then it took a bunch of attention to keep to those routes as quickly as possible.

I can handle the work needed for the Industrial badges or the grinding needed for the Alchemy badges, but planning and attention are not my fortes. So... yay me!
    Posted 12 years ago by Perion Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Whenever there's a competition on the forums, I make a mental note to enter, and then forget about it and then it's over.
    But whenever I DO enter, I win.
    I should really enter more competitions...
    Posted 12 years ago by Avnas Subscriber! | Permalink
  • in the great subway panic of 29 (or thereabouts) when i spent a whole month in RL doing nothing but obsessively riding to the train to get the subway badges.

this was when the new fox regions had just been released, the housing update etc etc and i couldn't even think of exploring new content until i'd finished the last subway ride for the badge. I didn't see a fox until a couple of months after the release but i was proud of myself for my preserverance
    Posted 12 years ago by Jugni Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I've only been here a month, so I still have a lot of badges to earn. But the thing I'm proudest of is that I threw a Homecoming Feast in Vaaka Kala, by dropping a little of everything I could chop, fry, grill, boil, shake, or blend, to celebrate getting all my cooking badges.*

lem.to/p/DbwB
    lem.to/p/HNZk
    lem.to/p/CNnq

I picked Vaaka Kala because it had a shrine to Pot, there weren't any piggies, and it was in Aranna, where I first entered the game from Gentle Island. :)

Aranna's also the region where I found the salad in the tree.** I took it as a sign from Pot to dedicate my Glitch's life to cooking, hahaha.

I might do a feast again after the devs release the new recipes.

* Snow cone badges not included, because those were rolled out after I got every other cooking badge and decided to throw the feast. Besides, dropping snow cones isn't a great idea.
    ** I'm not naming the street, just to keep things fun for others who don't know what I'm talking about. :D
    Posted 12 years ago by kalsangikid Subscriber! | Permalink