Topic

Simple Amusements

There are a few very simple things that I enjoy in Ur.  These are not spectacular but just ordinary every day things that I get a smile from.

I go to the Caverns almost every time I play.  Two things that make me smile are in Nandak and both are at the same location.  While in the secret cave, I love to jump up and make the vendor hop.  Also in that same spot I get silly pleasure out of grabbing the Guano above.

Another constant amusement for me is Paper Evasion!  There should be a Badge for it.  I Harvest a paper tree and run away as fast as possible.  I have never been able to avoid catching the paper but I can prolong it and sometimes exit the street while it is still coming at me.  I also am amused when a Juju threatens to take my paper.  I have considered letting him do it and will once I have all the Juju badges - Lol!

What are your Simple Amusements?

Posted 12 years ago by Brib Annie Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I will NEVER be able to resist petting piggies. That wiggle and smile never fail to amuse me. I just love the piggies.

When the Rube says "Good deal, good deal" I always laugh. He is so happy about whatever deal he just made, how can I not be happy too?
    Posted 12 years ago by Kookaburra Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I get an insane amount of pleasure from accidentally ending up either below street level or below the bottom floor of my house.

It's a bug that provides no game-play advantage whatsoever but for some reason my feeble mind finds this to be an infinitely wonderful experience.
    Posted 12 years ago by The Cat Face Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My simple amusements?

Reading some of the item descriptions.

The things resources say when harvesting (wood trees in particular). 

Just exploring random streets to see how people fix them up.
    Posted 12 years ago by Draron Subscriber! | Permalink
  • i think it's funny the juju's always want paper too - sometimes i do just let them have it to get it over with as i have no use for all the paper i get when i'm out there!
    Posted 12 years ago by jerk nugget Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Mining with a bunch of butterflies or batterflies "stuck" to my head. Opening an Embiggefying potion inside the log in cebarkul. Wicked fun.
    Posted 12 years ago by N2ZOrtolanaBlue Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I know I'm probably a freak for this, but I absolutely love feeding crops to piggies to collect the seeds. I loved it even more back when you had to feed them 3 at a time. I think it's relaxing - and I get seeds!
    Posted 12 years ago by Flowerry Pott Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Dropping shiny in odd locations for no good reason always warms my heart. Surreptitiously sliding them into afk Glitchen's bags also gives me a thrill.
    Leading a ghost tour is strangely fulfilling and gives me a chance to mark each ghost location with a shiny.
    The mechanics of making shinies also amuses me so making a whole bunch at once is very satisfying.
    Posted 12 years ago by Kip Konner Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Taking snaps, renaming animals with stupid names like "aaaaaa" to something cute/clever, triple-jumping all over the damn place, hoeing random people's messy plots.
    Posted 12 years ago by Annuska Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I like petting, nibbling and feeding piggies.
    Posted 12 years ago by Mal'akh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Seeing and grabbing qurazy quoins on a street that I've been to previously.

Playing music blocks for the crab after drinking crabato juice...and having the crab dance and smile even if I only get the minimum currants and iMG for it.

Getting the bonus mood for matching hi signs with someone.

Going through the caverns, deeps or caves and collecting guano from the ground.  Finding just one on a street thrills me, and drives me to search for more.

(It basically boils down to happy surprises...would be nice to have even more random joys in the game.)
    Posted 12 years ago by ~Pink Flamingo~ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I could sit here and do absolutely nothing but read global chat and be amused until I can be amused no more.
    Posted 12 years ago by Perion Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Flying in Feman Falters, for sure. Never gets old.
    Posted 12 years ago by kevbob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I like planting pumpkins in my front garden for others to have during Zilloween.  Makes me irrationally gleeful :)  I also love jumping on that one red platform in Madhur Hathur and using spinach to get at the quoins at the very top.
    Posted 12 years ago by diaveborn ♥ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I think one of my favorite things in Glitch is when I'm feeding sloths and I try clicking on them while they're still working on a rod and they say "I'm busy, you fool!"

Without fail, it makes me smile every time. I don't know why... Just love it :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Nea Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I get a ridiculous amount of satisfaction (and iMG!) from walking the crop/herb resource routes and hoeing and replanting weedy gardens.

For sheer simple amusement, though: the sound that jellisacs make when harvested. I can't resist a jellisac mound even if I don't need jellisac. SCHLOOOOOORP.
    Posted 12 years ago by rahaeli Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I like seeing how big an item stack I can get.  http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/1699/evenmoreplops.png

And messing up the location stack... it's possible to make it so you exit one Ticket to Paradise right into another ;oD

(basically... seeing how much I can push or break the game)
    Posted 12 years ago by dfmchfhf Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I like when I have the creepy mime hands HI sign and a butler says "You have hands, that's auspicious" as the first few times I thought they said suspicious - which I thought was rather appropriate.
    Posted 12 years ago by Captain Daisy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Mine is kevbob.

HAHAHAHAHA
    Posted 12 years ago by shhexy corin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I love watering gardens. I also love the way the foxes look like Swiper from Dora the Explorer.
    See here
    Posted 12 years ago by Holly Waterfall Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I enjoy standing in Cebarkul during Zilloween with (purposefully) no bag slots open, giving out slices of piggie meat to everyone.
    Posted 12 years ago by Tatsuo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I like to zoom out and stroll through the countryside, seeing every detail before me. The snowy regions are my favorite. Very peaceful.
    Posted 12 years ago by Mollie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I pet and every tree I ever go past. I love the noises the trees make and the grunts that the pigy does when you feed him!

I love how the Rube thinks he's making great deals with me.

I like the music in the mushroomy  quoin jumping regions, it makes me laugh every time. It sounds like it's being played in the bath!
    Posted 12 years ago by Pyrrhocorax Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I love the ancestral lands and dodging Jujus.

The noise while triple jumping makes me happy.

I love making food and drinks and the noise I hear when I eat them. (The noises in this game really get me smiling - sooooo cute.)

And anytime a batterfly says "poop", I die a little inside from childlike happy giggles.
    Posted 12 years ago by Delyth Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Going AFK and then perusing the snaps taken by all the Glitchen trying to get me in trouble with the boss for sleeping (again!) on the job.

*shakes fist*
  • I was just thinking the other day about how satisfying that clicking sound is when you harvest herbs/crops - I LOVE that sound!
    Posted 12 years ago by Chazerei Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I visited Jal the other day and got insanely thrilled every time I got caught in a current and would get swept along at speed.

I smile every time my butler calls me "sirmadam" and I love the "la!" when you sing to butterflies.

I also like how everyone seems to use the Hi sign much more frequently since the Hi feat a few weeks ago (I had only been around a few days before that feat but I don't remember anyone saying Hi to me before, but now almost everyone I walk past does).
    Posted 12 years ago by Mx Kiwi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Catching kevbob sleeping.

Standing on a log.

There are so many! I've actually been posting something I'm thankful for every day this month and will do so thru the end of Nov. Check my status updates for more :) The log was today's thing I'm thankful for!
    Posted 12 years ago by Avery♥ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh my goodness how could I have forgotten Twoot! He's a perfect little sweetie. I like it when he wants me to show him photos of Ur, or talks about his dreams of my owning a better hoe. I always say Hi to every butler I meet, they are the best.
    Posted 12 years ago by Pyrrhocorax Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Finding a dev sleeping on the street and writing notes to them and sticking them in their inventory.
    Posted 12 years ago by Aliera Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I love jumping through the Ancestral Lands. Especially hitting the triple jump and sailing right over the trees and through the open sky.

I love the slurping sound of the jellisacs.

I love everything about the sloths, from their entrance music to their metal puns to the ping! of the snails spitting into my bag.

I love landing on a home street that has the Toxic Moon music. Instant (RL) mood boost.

I love the clever-dirty snapshots of people doing awesomely inappropriate things with their innocent-looking Glitch.
    Posted 12 years ago by Miss Coco Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Here ya go, kevbob!   XD
    www.glitch.com/snaps/PUV5FS...
    Posted 12 years ago by Black-Eyed Susan Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Black-Eyed Susan, oh maaaaannn- I think the boss saw it!
  • Don't worry, kevbob. I've got some incriminating snaps of the boss sleeping on the job. ;)
    Posted 12 years ago by Little Miss Giggles Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Squeezing chickens. I've been playing for over a year and I still can't resist making chickens squawk and jump. I'm fond of the KFC easter egg too.
    Posted 12 years ago by Lucille Ball Subscriber! | Permalink
  • LMG- I will seek those out and fave them!
  • I LOVE the old-school arcade-ish sound it makes when you shard a quoin.
    Posted 12 years ago by ennuienta Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I love the salad from heaven in Aranna (not going to say what street). I still don't know if it's regularly spawned or if someone actually takes the trouble of climbing up that tree every now and then. But I've climbed that tree three or four times myself, and there's always a salad there, even if I took home the first one. Perhaps I should do a stakeout.
    Posted 12 years ago by kalsangikid Subscriber! | Permalink
  • That really high jump you get sometimes that is almost like flying.

The music in Nottis and the Ancestral lands.

Jumping everywhere.
    Posted 12 years ago by Grackle Subscriber! | Permalink