Topic

Staff Topic

The Art of Glitch • A Hardcover Book of Images from the Game and World of Glitch

We can't save everything in the game. But one thing we can preserve is the art.
So we put together an Indiegogo (like Kickstarter, except they like Canada) campaign to make a hardcover 10" (wide) x 8" (tall) full page image art book featuring all the unique styles of the regions of Ur, characters and houses, and of course the amazing snapshots that you guys took.
Unfortunately, the cost to produce the books is very, very high. So that's why we decided to crowdsource the costs.

Because if you guys want to commit to making it happen, you can bet your dong I will commit my butt to making the best book possible for all of us.

If the campaign is successful, I will be reaching out to everybody who worked on the game and each and every single one of you guys who want to contribute to the campaign for input on what should go in the book. It is, after all, for all of us. And we should cram in as much as we can to create the ultimate tribute to what we shared here.

If you want to see The Art of Glitch happen,
Help make it happen!

EDIT:
Please read before posting questions
--------------------------------------------------

The way the campaign works is that all contributors to the campaign will receive the book (in the format as designated by their perk level). After the campaign is over, there is no guarantee that they will be for sale in bookstores, Amazon, or anything.
However, I will be ordering an excess amount of books due to the price cut I will receive in ordering in multiples. So I will have a bunch of extras remaining. I can't guarantee everyone who wants to buy one after the campaign will be able to buy one from me afterwards, but there MAY be some. I hate asking people to follow me on twitter cause it's such a lame thing to do, but when the campaign is over and I know how many books I'll be selling, we will mention it from @kukubee. I also like the idea of offering the PDF version of it after the campaign is over too, but again, there are rights I have to work out with Tiny Speck for anything I do post-campaign. So please bare with me and know that I am trying my best to make every one of you happy!

Posted 11 years ago by Kukubee Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
  • I'm assuming this email about the google doc is just mass-sent to the whole list, and that those of us who already filled one out are fine?

Or should I be filling out a whole new one?
    Posted 11 years ago by Biohazard Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I sort of wish there was a way to confirm that my submission to the google doc actually went through. It makes me nervous to just have sent it off the once and no way to truly know you and Danny have gotten my info. D:
    Posted 11 years ago by Moonie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Biohazard
    If you contributed once and already filled it out once, no need to do it again.

Thanks everyone so much for your support. It's still overwhelming!
    I can't wait to make another game that fails so we could do this again!
  • *throttles Kukubee* don't you dare! XD
    Posted 11 years ago by DOOMy Nutpuncher Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It might be a long shot, but is there any way at all that I can still contribute? I really wanted to be a Junior Associate Hero, but somehow the deadline slipped past me. I would make a million Abassid Ribs, but I can't, so I'l just ask pretty pretty please?
    Posted 11 years ago by Candide Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hey Kukubee, any way we can still get a personalized book ( $75 package ) , I was traveling and got back too late :(
    Posted 11 years ago by MonkeyPantz Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oooh so close (I think and hope) to holding this book  this one will receive a special spot in my room.
    Posted 11 years ago by Nutty Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I would love a little update or sneak peek into how the book is coming along =D
    Posted 11 years ago by Jackie Jones Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Jackie Jones
    I just posted an update to the campaign.
    Basically, I am in the midst of putting together the dummy book. This is the most important stage as it is the storyboard, the skeleton, the base in which the entire book stands on.
    If all looks well when I am done with it, it's all a matter of laying out the book with the actual images for print. That's the easy part!
  • Ah thank you Kukubee!  You satisfied my insatiable curiosity. <3's
    Posted 11 years ago by Jackie Jones Subscriber! | Permalink
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next