Topic

Staff Topic

The Art of Glitch • A Hardcover Book of Images from the Game and World of Glitch

We can't save everything in the game. But one thing we can preserve is the art.
So we put together an Indiegogo (like Kickstarter, except they like Canada) campaign to make a hardcover 10" (wide) x 8" (tall) full page image art book featuring all the unique styles of the regions of Ur, characters and houses, and of course the amazing snapshots that you guys took.
Unfortunately, the cost to produce the books is very, very high. So that's why we decided to crowdsource the costs.

Because if you guys want to commit to making it happen, you can bet your dong I will commit my butt to making the best book possible for all of us.

If the campaign is successful, I will be reaching out to everybody who worked on the game and each and every single one of you guys who want to contribute to the campaign for input on what should go in the book. It is, after all, for all of us. And we should cram in as much as we can to create the ultimate tribute to what we shared here.

If you want to see The Art of Glitch happen,
Help make it happen!

EDIT:
Please read before posting questions
--------------------------------------------------

The way the campaign works is that all contributors to the campaign will receive the book (in the format as designated by their perk level). After the campaign is over, there is no guarantee that they will be for sale in bookstores, Amazon, or anything.
However, I will be ordering an excess amount of books due to the price cut I will receive in ordering in multiples. So I will have a bunch of extras remaining. I can't guarantee everyone who wants to buy one after the campaign will be able to buy one from me afterwards, but there MAY be some. I hate asking people to follow me on twitter cause it's such a lame thing to do, but when the campaign is over and I know how many books I'll be selling, we will mention it from @kukubee. I also like the idea of offering the PDF version of it after the campaign is over too, but again, there are rights I have to work out with Tiny Speck for anything I do post-campaign. So please bare with me and know that I am trying my best to make every one of you happy!

Posted 11 years ago by Kukubee Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• That was quick! The goal was way overshot by the time my contribution finished, lol. Just a testament to how amazing the Glitch userbase is.:)
    Posted 11 years ago by Orchi Da Pea Subscriber! | Permalink
  • that sounds great !
    Posted 11 years ago by koolaidkid Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Kukubee
    How are you getting all of our information for the various perks? I made my contribution for my Glitch name, hoping that was the way to go. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Orchi Da Pea Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My wallet cried out, but I hit it with a dong made of cubimals and that's that. This isn't a feat, it's an EPIC. Yes.
    Posted 11 years ago by Alyx Sands Subscriber! | Permalink
  • That is a good question Orchi.. I did not think about that when I made mine.. and would love my glitch name in the book. not my real name. Or If I decide to change how it is published at a later time.. Name, no name, my pets name.... etc.
    Posted 11 years ago by Soymocha Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ooo, Thank you! I've been holding out for the art book. Goal not surprisingly already met but I'm happy to contribute what I can :) 
    Posted 11 years ago by Mellitus Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I used my real name, too-otherwise I doubt the payment would go through?
    Posted 11 years ago by Alyx Sands Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Orchi Da Pea
    I'm receiving email addresses for every contributor and what perk level they purchased.
    I'll be taking a good amount of time reaching out to each of you guys individually and working out shipping, current addresses, and any custom perk details before I ship anything out.
  • Kukubee you rock. I want this book so much. Thank you for doing this.
    Posted 11 years ago by Thursday Soleil Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Will it be left open for the full 45 days? I really want to try to save up enough money for the $75 level.
    Posted 11 years ago by Aurora Dellaterra Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Kukubee, how are you choosing the avatar head for the Sr. Apprentice heros? I want my emo-cat ears so do I need to wear them until the world ends?

Edit: Squeeee! Over the goal in an evening. We get our books!!!
    Posted 11 years ago by Lucille Ball Subscriber! | Permalink
  • If this gets left open for the full duration of 45 days, I know I'll be buying a copy. Can't swing the hardcover cost yet but will be able to in a week.

Also: Lol overshot the goal in ~2 hours, this is a real "Glitch Mob"
    Posted 11 years ago by Brigander Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yeah, I'm not able to close it sooner once the date is set, so it'll have to stay up. :)

As for avatar for the thank you page, I am most likely going to use the last avatar you have on. But! If you want a specific avatar saved, please save the image of your avatar from your profile page and hang onto it. And when I ask for your information, you can send your preferred avatar and preferred name.
  • when is deadline to pay, can i pay after christmas?
    Posted 11 years ago by Seifer Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes please leave it open so some of us who dont have money now can get in on this too. Leave it open till times up.
    Posted 11 years ago by Thursday Soleil Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Too bad, Kukubee...  ;-)  Who knows what the total will come to in 45 days?
    Posted 11 years ago by LynnieR Subscriber! | Permalink
  • whoa, 20K in 2 hrs?
    Posted 11 years ago by Goddess Freya Subscriber! | Permalink
  • For those of you asking how far in the future "45 days from now" is: it actually says on the indiegogo site — it'll stay open and the books will be available till Sat. Jan 19 at 11:59PM pacific time.
    Posted 11 years ago by stoot barfield Subscriber! | Permalink
  • A plush cubi, I missed it! >.< Will there be more cubi plush made if the demand is high? D:
    Posted 11 years ago by shukugumo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Kukubee, I contributed again as a gift for a fellow player--marked as "gift" and gave her player name, so you'll be able to use her avatar image for her copy?
    Posted 11 years ago by ElleD Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @ElleD Yeah, I'll contact you when it is time! And you just me know all the details!
  • So pleased we will be able to linger over the artwork and still visit Ur and its denizens from time to time!  My husband and I are co-senior apprentice heroes now :)
    Posted 11 years ago by podle Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I keep refreshing the Indiegogo page... now at $5,500 over goal.  Are we going for super-mega?  :)
    Posted 11 years ago by LynnieR Subscriber! | Permalink
  • If we hit the Super  Mega Goal, might be a Kukubee doll in it for us!!??:) lol
    Posted 11 years ago by Jeasilver Subscriber! | Permalink
  • am i going to be able to buy a normal copy?
    Posted 11 years ago by Smiling Flounder Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Kukubee, what are these Glitch T-shirts of which you speak (in the second Sr. Assistant Hero II reward)?
    Posted 11 years ago by Joscor So Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I think I just spoiled my Christmas when I saw my name on the list! But *WOW* I could not have wished for a better present... and someone is getting some serious lovin' under the Christmas tree this year. >CENSORED<

Oh, I am in public here. I blame the dongs. All. The. Dongs. *THANKS, KUKUBEE* {HUG}
    Posted 11 years ago by Mistress*of*Fishies Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks for doing this.  I haven't played in a while, but Glitch will always hold a special place in my heart as one of the most unique game I've ever played, and the art was a big part of that.  I can't wait to get my book!  (contributed ;-)
    Posted 11 years ago by Sprockett Subscriber! | Permalink
  • 10 more cubimals added to the $250 tier! WOOHOO! 
    Posted 11 years ago by Brandi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Contributed, thanks! :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Sinsario Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Huzzah, Brandi! Thanks for sewing your fingers to the nubbins for us all! <3
    Posted 11 years ago by Mistress*of*Fishies Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Bah, I contributed & missed the tweet about more cubi plushies added. -_-
    Posted 11 years ago by Meow Mix Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Me, too, Meow Mix. Argh. They were added while I was contributing.
    Posted 11 years ago by Joscor So Subscriber! | Permalink
  • About to hit 150% !!!
    This is awesome and why I'm going to miss this community so much :(
    Posted 11 years ago by BlackWolf Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yay!

Well I am excited for this... So glad to have been able to help make this happen.
    Posted 11 years ago by sporks Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wow, 10K over!  Now, we need Danny's music Indiegogo. I'm still holding onto a fistful of cash for my soundtrack to listen to as I browse my awesome Glitch book. :-)
    Posted 11 years ago by Lucille Ball Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Dang, part of me feels like I should have taken my refund and used it on this :P I'll ask my parents to contribute for me for Hanukkah though. :D It's amazing how much has been raised already. If this thing makes you a millionaire, you have to share it with the laid-off devs, you hear?
    Posted 11 years ago by Kestin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • By the time I write this it will probably be $12k over and it hasn't even been a day. You guys still have 44 days to wait and see how high it will go.
    Posted 11 years ago by Mal'akh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Where do we collect our petrified rocks from, or will they be delivered with the book?
    Posted 11 years ago by Latajea Subscriber! | Permalink
  • hahahah Latajea
    gosh, 45 more days!
    I'm thinking we're definitely going to produce at least TEN TIMES the amount by then.
    Slot me down as an Assistant Hero, cuz I can't choose which print to buy on Etsy :P
    This way I'll just leave it up to fate.
    Thanks Kukubee. I'm sure it'll be great
    Posted 11 years ago by Maria Diatorre Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I got a book!  I'm so excited to see this take shape.  It gives me a little something to look forward too over the next few bleary months with no Glitch to play.

I wish I could have contributed more, but money is tight and the future is uncertain.
    Posted 11 years ago by ElleKitty Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Is there any chance of adding a level that offers the digital version of the book but also offers the cute little Glitchy mug of my character being included? I'd love to do something like that as I've spent a number of years reducing my material objects to minimal.
    Posted 11 years ago by xombiekitty Subscriber! | Permalink
  • UGH... I can't contribute more than $15 because I don't have money >_<
    I even had to return the $150 I spend on Glitch, because otherwise I wouldn't be able to buy fuel for my car....

I'm sorry TS :(
    So sorry :(
    Posted 11 years ago by Rutger Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Rutger, don't apologize for being poor.    I'm sure that you have contributed to the community in a many other ways!
    Posted 11 years ago by Sloppy Ketchup Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I just saw this, read the thread, saw how far past the goal we've hit, and I'm still gonna donate!  I didn't want my refund money, and I still don't.  If we can't have Ur, I want us to have everything as close as we can to it.

Kukubee, you and the team made real magic happen.  How fast this got accomplished is just proof.
    Posted 11 years ago by da Zappa Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Any chance that the amount of Sr Assistant Heroes will be increased? I missed out on the plush cubimal!
    Posted 11 years ago by MaryLiLamb Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Just saw this from Danny. It looks amazing! 
    A RL Musicblock!

www.flickr.com/photos/danny...
    Posted 11 years ago by capodistria Subscriber! | Permalink
  • under normal circumstances i wouldn't dream of spending as much money as i just did but i consider this a worthy exemption
    such a amazing idea kukubee thanks :)
    Posted 11 years ago by randoM024 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • So can I still contribute? PayPal keeps telling me that my payment won't go through. I checked my bank out, everything is verfied, ect. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Feylin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Feylin... I contributed 30 minutes ago..so it still should work.
    The only thing I am wondering how Kukubee knows who is who. I mean I never filled in my glitch name somewhere. And although I filled in my postal address....after checking my profile and that website..all information about where I live is blank. So yikes.
    Is he going to verify who is who by emailing everyone who contributed??

I know the artbooks cover is still under construction..but I love that print. I hope, if they change it we will get to see it in the book too ^^. So awesome. Bye from an Assistent Hero hahaha.
    Posted 11 years ago by Atlantis Subscriber! | Permalink