Topic

Staff Topic

You won the game!

Congratulations :)

Posted 11 years ago by stoot barfield Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12
  • This morning I woke up to the Rube song, which I downloaded and set as my alarm tone.  The real-life  Android "Rube" offered but two options:  "Dismiss" and "Snooze".  I hoped he would offer me a winning lottery ticket.  He didn't. He offered me five more minutes to render a decision.  
    <hits Snooze>
    Five minutes later, I was presented with the same offer.  
    Again, <hits Snooze>  I waited for him to offer me a winning lottery ticket.  He didn't.  
    Five minutes later <hits Snooze>  I waited for him to offer me a winning lottery ticket.  He didn't.  
    Five minutes later <hits Snooze>  I waited for him to offer me a winning lottery ticket.  He didn't. 

(Twenty) Five minutes later, I finally got an offer I couldn't refuse:  

"Get up and get ready for work" 
    or
    "Else".

I took the deal.  Stupid, stingy Rube.   Grrrrrr.   He'll be back tomorrow morning, however.  Next time, perhaps?
    Posted 11 years ago by scroobienoob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you TS. For everything.
    Posted 11 years ago by Daisy Blooms Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I am so relieved to know that I am not the only Glitchen to be using Rube as my alarm. He makes me so happyangry so to wake up to his song is as near to perfect as I could ever hope~
    Posted 11 years ago by Mistress*of*Fishies Subscriber! | Permalink
  • 4.00 pm CET: coffee is ready.. time to login. hope that the 11k img coin in Nutrit Malorum is rezzed. i love these quiet times, the americans still sleep. greeting a noob if my greeter badge is beeping… jumping around a little bit with ∞, and working on this godda*** Manical Foxbrusher badge. there must be a new seam street, ah, and i must run the paper route through ancestral, the Parchment Puloiner must be near… the last epic was fun, but the winners must have been 24/7 on, during winter holidays i will win one… i promise!…

4.01 pm CET: remembering all this is gone: glitch.com was not just a web-address. it was a place. a manifest room like in rl. a home. with special friends just there. with a lot of memories.

4.02 pm CET: 010 is still standing on her favorite haunt in Seki Shim. i miss her a lot. hope that she is still smiling. me is not.
    Posted 11 years ago by NoYesNo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Good night my little child.
    Posted 11 years ago by Gomez Addams Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I think we all take a little bit of Glitch with us into the future. Help a neighbor, give someone a tip, show a little "lobe".

Glitch lives on, in all of us, if we allow it to. This amazing, happy, love-filled world? We can make that happen elsewhere, too. With a little imagination.
    Posted 11 years ago by Aliera Subscriber! | Permalink
  • You, the one who nibbles your neighbor's pigs. The one who waters your neighbor's herb garden. The one who sings to a butterfly. the one who pets a tree. The one who squeezes chickens.

I will know you. I will give you a hug.
    Posted 11 years ago by Hell's Bartender Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thought I could come in here without crying, but I can't. I'll just repost what my status said. 

"I hated that red closed sign for so long. But now that it's gone, I'm crying. Because at least it being there meant it would be "open" again, hopefully -soon-...haha. Now that it's gone, it's fully hitting me that it's never going to be the same again. You all changed my life, and this world was was a better place because of Glitch. It wasn't just a game, it was a home. <3"

I know the memories are already slipping away, people are already moving on. It's already  Fever 2, Year 26  •  5:40pm in Ur. Or is there still a Ur for time to be moving on in? I feel slightly crazy for having these thoughts over a game. 

I'd like to hope that it's like JK Rowling said "The stories we love best do live in us forever...."
    Posted 11 years ago by NutMeg Botwin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • REPLAY!
    Posted 11 years ago by Samerina Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This is a message for the unhappy people out there, and not just because Glitch closed. Maybe something in your life is wrong, and at least in Glitch you found a place to belong, a community to talk to, a way not to think about your illness or your job loss or something else wrong in your life. 
    I worry about you, because I read in Global Chat very often about those things, and now Global Chat is closed. I worry this might be one disappointment too many. But it isn't, or it doesn't have to be. 
    Please don't slide back too much. Please remember the good times more than the fact that it is closed now. There is something else, something nice, waiting for you somewhere else. Maybe a book you'll love, maybe a person you'll meet, maybe some music, some art, a kindred soul somewhere. 
    I know things can get bad in a life, but think of the good to come, not only of the bad that is. I know. Believe me. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Silvery Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Silvery:   books can be life-changing
    Posted 11 years ago by Treesa Subscriber! | Permalink
  •  I want my Glitch fix ;(
    Posted 11 years ago by MancyPants Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I miss this game.  There was so much.  I have worked in games for 15 years, and I have not enjoyed a single one like I enjoyed this game.  So much missing.
    Posted 11 years ago by Pfuf Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Silvery: I'm not generally an unhappy person. I work full time, I read voraciously, I crochet, I draw (badly, but I still try), I write and in the down times I play games. I play for the experience, to relax, to release steam etc. Glitch was growing on me like no other gaming world has thus far. That is a difficult thing to find out there nowadays.

And, yes, I cried when Harry Potter was over too.  Mostly because that world drew me in as well and it fed my very eager imagination.

So, Glitch is over. I have wonderful memories. I still work full time, I still read, crochet, draw and write. But my imagination is a bit lacking, a bit uninspired.  There isn't anything comparable out there to move to that filled me like Glitch did. So, yes, I'm sad.  And, I'm just mourning the loss. And, I know that it will have to do. :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Kridla Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm starting to have withdrawal symptoms :(
    Posted 11 years ago by Draron Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Kridla: I know what you mean, I'm the same. I have books etc. But over the past few days I've been wondering (and worrying) about the people who wrote things in Global about depression, job loss, serious illnesses, even suicidal thoughts. I keep thinking about these people, and I'm thinking: if I'm already feeling so bad about losing Glitch, how must it feel for people with bigger difficulties in their lives? I honestly keep worrying about these people, even half a world away, and that is why I wrote what I wrote. I mourn Glitch more than I thought I would, even though I'm reading the whole 'Game of Thrones' series right now. 
    I really worry about these people, and I'd like them to know: I think about you, and there is really going to be something good in your life again if you're patient enough. You didn't know how wonderful Glitch would be before you found it, did you? Well, it's the same with the next nice thing around the corner: you don't know yet how incredible it will be. 
    I really believe in: if God (or fate, or coincidence) closes a door, He (or she, or it) opens a window. I really hope the saddest of all us sad Glitchen believe that. 
  • I enjoyed every second spent on Glitch and it was the perfect place to escape to when you needed to take a time-out of real life. I've looked at every game suggested and gave them a trial play, I've search the web myself, I've gone back to my rows and rows of old books and classics but...... nothing. Nothing has the charm, the humour, the quirkiness, the peacefulness, the community, the kindness or were anywhere close to being as enjoyable as Glitch was.

I miss Glitch [sigh]
    Posted 11 years ago by Talia True Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I used to get up early every morning and play for an hour before I went to work. I'm at loose ends now, I know I should do something useful with that time, like go for a run, but instead I still sit at the computer browsing the forums, hoping against hope that maybe next time I log in it won't be closed.

*has the sads*
    Posted 11 years ago by Dagny Taggart Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I never knew winning could feel so lonely.
    Posted 11 years ago by aliquot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Silvery: I understand what you were saying. I think that when I replied I was still in my upset mood. So forgive me if I sounded snipey/snarky. I agree with everything you said. I run depressive and it takes a great deal of effort not to sink below the depths when something upsets the balance of things. (And, yes it's possible to run depressive and not always be depressed. It's just a tendency that might or might not take over if I let it. But this is after many years of working on it. But anyway...)

So in addition to your suggestions, I'd like to add that joining one of the Glitch refugee sites/groups might help. It won't be exactly like being in Glitch. But at least there are people in them that know what losing Glitch feels like. Reaching out to others when you're feeling down does help. The game may be gone but the community is still out there (and here), though it may be in more than one place. Even though I'm not into FB, or other social media, I joined a couple, too. Just in case. It is comforting reading about Glitchy projects and to hear/see what others have to say, even if I might not participate. (Actually, I've participated here more than I have on any other forum/board/group in years.)

(Btw, I'm reading Game of Thrones too!)

Actually, looking at the Master List of Games list initially had me very disappointed. But looking again, I realized how games are changing. You're right about being patient in waiting for that next good thing to come. It may not be a very long wait at all.  And you are also right that with time somehow that door (or window) will bring us all where we need to be. It might be the next Glitchy game or it might be something else. Expecting it to be there helps us see it when it arrives.

For me, as the days pass, it does get better. And it really is a one day at a time thing.

And, now that you mention it, I think that's another reason why Glitch means so much to so many: because many of the people here are kindred spirits. Your concern for others just shows that this is true.  :)
  • I saw the true nature of many people: kind, giving, generous, empathetic, helpful, caring. Several times I was moved to tears when friends and strangers helped me replace items that had been innocently picked up by passersby or actually stolen. When all ten of my butterflies died overnight, and I was so sad, two or more friends (I'll never know who) replaced the butterflies *and* added a second floor to my house. Throughout the game, I never stopped being astounded by the compassion and generosity demonstrated by others. Glitch redeemed my faith in people in general. How many games have a profound effect like that?
    Posted 11 years ago by Ann DramaDuh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm happy to beat the infinite game, but sad that it's not infinite anymore :()
    Posted 11 years ago by Taco Assassin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Ann DramaDuh: Thank you for helping me with the Incantation Feat :)

I wonder if TS knew when they started out that Glitch would mean so much to us.  Just by giving us Ur, in a way we all won. :)
  • @Kridla: thanks for your nice reply, and no, you weren't being snarky at all before!
    I have to congratulate you on learning to live with depressive tendencies, that is quite a feat (albeit not a Glitch feat with lots of prezzies afterwards...) I hope you can always keep on top of them. One day at at time, or as they say: baby steps (Baby Steppes; that was a street I loved for its name). 
    Happy reading with Game of Thrones, I'm on book three and enjoying it very much. If you don't mind your books to be imaginative but a bit more literary, I can also recommend: 1q84 by Haruki Murakami. Or of course you can read (if you haven't yet) those wonderful Tad Williams books 'Otherland', about THE computer game in the future. And we thought the rook was scary!
    Stiff upper lip and off we go, into another world, but always remembering Glitch.
  • @Silvery: Thanks for the reqs. I will check them out. I'm speeding through GoT and I'll need a new book to go to when that's done (I'm on book 4).

I'm registered as Kridla (or some variation of Kridla Glitchen) on some of the games in the games list (though, that's as far as I got, just registered), Gathering of Lost Glitchen, Absolutely Preposterous, Ravelry and FB (though, I really dislike FB). Look me up, if you're so inclined :)

Well, off I go into the RL world to sit in a waiting room and read GoT. :)
  • I just finished learning Mining IV :(
    Posted 11 years ago by Siz Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I LOVE YOU ALL!
    NO HOMO
    Posted 11 years ago by Apsd1109 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I thought I was doing OK, and then Flickr told me it was 'milking butterflies' and I burst into tears. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Schiehallion23 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • We need a game like Glitch now more then ever
    Posted 11 years ago by MancyPants Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @ Schiehallion23: I'm sorry. **hugs** I know it's not easy.

Listening to the chipper Groddle music has helped me a lot. It's so upbeat it just makes me smile. Or, going to the wardrobe and dressing my Glitch up sometimes cheers me up. Other than that and pouring myself into crafts and reading (and researching other games) that's all I can think to do. Maybe someone else can post how they're dealing with the loss and/or what things make them feel better.

In the mean time, try to take it one day at a time. :)
  • @Schiehallion23 - *hugs*  I am right there with you.  I thought I saw an icon of Friendly in a store window the other day and it totally killed my mood.

I get so sad that sometimes I wonder if there's something wrong with me, but then I come on the forums and read everyone else sharing similar emotions and that helps.  And listening to the music.

This game and it's demise is kind of like a Buddhist sand mandala.  Immersive, intricate, beautiful and then just ... gone, remaining only in memories.

I don't feel like I've won.  More like I was on a weird and wonderful journey I didn't get to finish.  I miss the Giants.
    Posted 11 years ago by Thysby Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I guess I'm kinda lucky. I am so swamped with extra credit school work, and I am in general so busy, that I haven't even had time to grieve. But it will happen, probably during Christmas break. *sighs* Love ya, guys 
    Posted 11 years ago by Emblemofrook Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Thysby says: This game and it's demise is kind of like a Buddhist sand mandala.  Immersive, intricate, beautiful and then just ... gone, remaining only in memories.

Wow. I never thought it that way before, but how right you are. :)

Now my eyes are tearing up.  **sigh**
  • thanks man
    great to know somebody here likes us
    *random note*
    Posted 11 years ago by CrazyJoe1000 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • *hits replay*
    Posted 11 years ago by The Sunset Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I always look forward in playing glitch its a daily thing for e to log on and every time i do it now it makes me really depressed because of all of my fun is gone but i still get on and look at forums hoping that glitch will say lets give it another go and let us have a fun again
    Posted 11 years ago by zoey10189st Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm so sad. I am. I want in. My heart is broken for the community I once belonged to.
    Posted 11 years ago by Eye Wonder Subscriber! | Permalink
  • If this is winning I'd rather lose.
    Posted 11 years ago by Marla Subscriber! | Permalink
  • eye wonder:  I too feel sad when I think to come back and look around the forums.    So quiet, with just a few of the die hards posting.     It sort of makes me glad the game didn't die a long painful death losing members and turning into a ghost town.     That would have been sadder. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Treesa Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I miss this game.
    Posted 11 years ago by Good Pilgrim Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes, the saddest "win" ever. Miss you, Ur, miss you my lovely Glitchen!
    Posted 11 years ago by Hab Subscriber! | Permalink
  • You're all a bunch of winners. Hooray. Merry Glitchmas.
    Posted 11 years ago by Rap Subscriber! | Permalink
  • On second thought, I don't think I quite want to win anymore... 
    Posted 11 years ago by Leanne Subscriber! | Permalink
  • What are we winning? Winning the game is like winning dinner. I'd prefer to roam our lush lands. Think of those piggies all alone...unless they got eaten! :) I miss glitch, and i miss yall. Keep chatting with chat. Keep going on
    Posted 11 years ago by PeachPop Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I need this back. I'm missing something in my life. BRING GLITCH BACK!!! PLEASE
    Posted 11 years ago by Tea Time Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks, Stoot, but I don't want to win.  I just want to keep on gliching.
    Posted 11 years ago by Foxy Moxy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I finally read this thread for the first time tonight. I thought it'd be okay now.  The tears streaming down my face show me how wrong I was.

I just keep telling myself "The Giants have to sleep again sometime..."

...don't they?
    Posted 11 years ago by Kshandra Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I rather hope they do.  A lot.
    Posted 11 years ago by Nerd of Epic Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I would love to believe we all won the game but really we lost the most wonderful game any of us has ever played. Thankyou for the time you gave us, but it is a truly aweful thing..... and yet, I really loved it so very very much!
    Posted 11 years ago by Neon Tetra Subscriber! | Permalink
  • one day coolbettycakes handed me her keyboard and said, "play this. run around, jump alot and just make your own fun." smart cookie that one. thanks stoot, congratulations are in order but not for winning. congratulations are for being lucky enough to have played the game. i am proud to say i played glitch. proud to say i tested for stoot & tiny speck. proud to say i played with the best community in gaming today. i didn't win the game, i won the right to proudly say i am a glitch.
    Posted 11 years ago by glitch4ever Subscriber! | Permalink
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12