Topic

Well it was fun but i never got to... *Post Your Regrets Here!*

Whatd did you never get to do on Glitch? I can list something to start us off...

1. One of my regrets is that i couldnt make a group house and make a diner for my group

Posted 11 years ago by Taco Assassin Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• It is with great shame that I admit never having been to Stoot's shrine... and that I only took one (ONE!) snap of my home street.
    Posted 11 years ago by Andobas Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I never took any snaps of my home street. And I think my butler probably was holding messages for me near the end, which I would have loved to receive (I made large feasts for a few people and gave them away for free) but I didn't make it back.
    Posted 11 years ago by Panome Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I wanted to make a crab happy, finish the first level of my tower, and see all of Haraiva...but what i regret most is the things I never got to see because they weren't created yet.

THERE WERE GOING TO BE BUNNIES. WHY IS THE UNIVERSE SO CRUEL?

At least Twoot knew I loved him ;___;
    Posted 11 years ago by Pyrrhocorax Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I don't regret not getting to some badge or such...that's not how I played.  What I do regret is that, as so many high level players have expressed, there was no way to share our useless iMG with other players so that they could get more upgrade cards, etc.

There were many suggestions for mechanisms for it but by far my favorite was an iMG tree that you could cultivate on your home street and imbue with 1,5, 10 million iMG for others to harvest.
    Posted 11 years ago by FlatEarther Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My only regret is one I've had for a while - for *some* unfathomable reason I deleted all my old snaps a while ago, including the only one I ever took of my bog house ;o;
    Posted 11 years ago by Sterne Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I never did get to play any of the games. I tried to play Game of Crowns at one point but it wouldn't cooperate so I gave up. Wish I'd taken the time to try again.
    Posted 11 years ago by Taztaboo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I never finished that last stupid quest, GRRRRR! The Juju paper ALs one....
    Posted 11 years ago by Pixieyelsraek Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @FlatEarther - absolutely.  By the last RL day I was buying upgrade cards I had absolutely no need for just to spend my iMG and I still had half a million when it was over.

I regret hoarding my credits so I could go all out and decorate my house.  I did once the closing announcement was made, but with the additional 2500 credits I had over 7000, and I still have 5200 credits sitting there untouched. 

I regret those couple of months where I allowed an ugly comment in Global to drive me away from it.  I wish I had made more friends in-game, and I wish I hadn't also changed my name while I sat out Global, because when I came back no one remembered me. 

I regret that I didn't find Glitch earlier!
    Posted 11 years ago by Charlotte Sometimes Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Well, it was fun, but I never got to see Glitchmas.
    Posted 11 years ago by Sad Pollen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • So many things, really. Finish my house the way I really wanted it, many badges uncompleted, never experiencing Glitchmas . . . being able to give Faranae a gift subscription for Christmas :) What I'm really sorry for, though, is that I got kicked off at the end and didn't get to see it. I've been consuming other people's recordings of the end ever since.
    Posted 11 years ago by Lilycat Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ...make it into 2013 as a Glitch :(
    Posted 11 years ago by Atlantis Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Just put all Glitch music downloads in a playlist, and will try to play it on random all day long.
    Posted 11 years ago by Chinny the Unlikely Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I never played a game like Glitch. My regret is that I didn't realize there is no other game like Glitch.
    Posted 11 years ago by TigerTale Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I always wanted Bounder, Tenured, Severus Sash and Level 60. Maybe even the paper harvesting badges. Got only the first one. :(
    Posted 11 years ago by Dorothy Gale Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I never managed to get enough IMG for a tower :{
    well actually i got 20k img on the last but i forgot to buy a tower

I also never managed to find evidence that ghosts are real!
    Posted 11 years ago by Spacemarine9 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I never found all my DNA spots. I had forgotten about them for a long time and only found like 4 :(
    Posted 11 years ago by wickedsharp Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I regret... nothing, it was great, sorry... but got my bounder badge, got my wood tree growing thingy badge, about an hour before I stopped playing, never got the repairing 20 times one... but hey you can't have everything.  I'm happy to have played but to be fair I do regret not getting to know people better and I really regret it not being here any more.
    Posted 11 years ago by Latajea Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I regret not taking any screenshots of some of the poems and letters people wrote me. I met some interesting people here. Their words are lost to me now.
    Posted 11 years ago by Melting Sky Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Aww, Melting Sky, that is sad. I regret not writing poems and letters to my favorite glitchen.
    Posted 11 years ago by justpeace Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Melting Sky: you can still access you Glitch mailbox, so if you have any Glitch mail from your friends there, go grab 'em!
    Posted 11 years ago by Flowerry Pott Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I didn't get to jump 111,111 times. I started before I knew it was the end and kept trying right up until the end.
    Posted 11 years ago by Ida Keen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I was never able to set The Rube on fire.

Dammit, I want my justice.
    Posted 11 years ago by girlthulhu Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My big regret is that I didn't prod my wife into playing earlier on Sunday.  She missed out on taking any snaps at all.  Ever.  She had to stop playing much since R2 due to school, and didn't get the upgrade until Saturday night.  She felt completely left out, and I HATE that feeling.  I hate it more than mayonnaise.
    Posted 11 years ago by Carl Projectorinski Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My 2 biggest regrets are: 1. not visiting more of the wonderful towers that were out there. I always meant to, but there never seemed to be enough time. 2. not taking snaps to illustrate a silly, dark folklore/cautionary tale poem I wrote a couple of months ago.

There were many badges I didn't get, but I chose to not-grind, generally speaking, so while I regret not having the longer-term chance to achieve those, I'm satisfied with those I did earn.
    Posted 11 years ago by Voluptua Sneezelips Subscriber! | Permalink
  • There are things I didn't do, but I don't regret not doing them: I never used no-no powder (I used Wine of the Dead the one time I died just to get the Naraka completist badge), & I never went to Shim Shiri.  I did try over the last few weeks to get some of the meditation, subway, and paper harvesting achievements, but had no luck with them.
    Posted 11 years ago by Berry Goode Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh so much. So much. And yet it boils down to just one line. I only wish I could have held on longer.
    Posted 11 years ago by natsumi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I don't regret anything I did or not did game-wise, except trying to TP near the end which got me booted. Not really a regret so much as a "d'oh! Shoulda known better".

I do, however, regret not getting to know more of you folk sooner. I'm so friendly IRL that I sometimes scare people away (or creep them out, I'm not sure which), and I tried not to do that in Glitch... Which was silly, because that's how the community was! Derp. Ah well, love you all! My gmail is radfo1ce if you want to keep in touch, because there were a lot of you I wanted to know better but was either 1) worried about scaring you away or 2) thought you were too cool for me. Yeah, I know.
    Posted 11 years ago by Lady Cailia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I didn't build a tower.  I would have, eventually, but I hadn't come up with a good idea for one yet and had nowhere near enough iMG.

There were a few quests that I didn't finish.  

The worst part is that for the last two nights, I have had dreams that there was TONS of new stuff that I didn't even know about and didn't get to.  
    Posted 11 years ago by Circe Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I didn't build a tower either! But that's really my only regret. Well, I didn't release my chickens or say bye to my butler. Other than that though... I'm pretty happy with they way I went out. *See "What did YOU do" forum to see what I did* :D
    Posted 11 years ago by Madzapan Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I never found the cauldron in hell. I forgot I wanted to do that before the end. Not that I needed a cauldron--I just wanted to know where it was!
    Posted 11 years ago by Good Pilgrim Subscriber! | Permalink
  • i never fished, or got ice or hundreds of other things that got released not long ago. I left to be social and to play on my new phone. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Sir Rachel Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I never, ever made a crab happy. Not in alpha. Not in beta. Not live. Not in MoBeta. Crabs, I think, are just on a different wavelength as felines and fishies.
    Posted 11 years ago by Mistress*of*Fishies Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I never got to combat my mental illness and work for TS.
    Posted 11 years ago by Moose J Finklestein Subscriber! | Permalink
  • -Never got bounder tenured
    -Never got the final death badge...Dracula I think?
    -Never played Game of Crowns
    -Never got dozens of completions badges
    -Never made that damn crab happy
    -Never finished the Juju bandit quest
    -Never maxed out my tower or my house
    -Never figured  out how the craftbot worked
    -Never got all the DNA strands
    -Never found all the secrets of Jedimitha Tower
    -Never got all the artifacts.
    -Never finished my Earth Streetbuilder trophy
    -Never got tons of the potion/antidote/bean seasoning/furniture making badges I was working on

Ahh well...the game was good as what it was designed to be, an endless MMO with tons of choices and things to do. We were never supposed to do everything. That would be a lousy MMO if all of us had done everything.
    Posted 11 years ago by Derkhan Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I never got my name listed from contributing to a street project. I contributed to many and often managed to just not quite make it. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Wren Bramble Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I know there are tons of things I never saw because I didn't know to look for them. Like, I didn't even know Stoot's shrine existed until I read about it in this thread just now. And I never did a smuggling run, found all of my DNA spots, or found all of the ghosts.
    Posted 11 years ago by sakiexcel Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I never even got to pet a helikitty. :c I didn't finish the seam street quest, get my significant other to play with me, or any number of things...
    Posted 11 years ago by tozoku Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I don't really regret anything... There were lots of things I didn't complete, but I was never very badge oriented... I was envious of some of the beautiful home and towers I saw. The creativity was just amazing. I just regret we didn't have more time.
    Posted 11 years ago by Pirate Apples Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I never got to finish my house or my tower. I was gonna make a hotel. :C
    Posted 11 years ago by SaSa Jack Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I was pretty thorough in making sure I took lots of vids and pics the last days, and I feel pretty complete about that. (Badges? We doan need no stinking badges!) But one thing I thought of on the last day and didn't have time to do was to take video of a cubi battle...awww! Does anyone have a vid of that, or a snap at the very least? I'd love you forever! (Well, I will anyways, but you know. :)
    Posted 11 years ago by KitchWitch Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I never won the game. I never got to say goodbye to my butler. I never... EVERYTHING!!! 
    Posted 11 years ago by Kristabel Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I never saw all of Ur. I didn't get my food badge. Didn't complete all my skills. Didn't take all the snaps I wanted to. Didn't see the end. Didn't get my ghosts or my DNA. Didn't get to smuggle anything.

But... I got some lovely snaps, took an awesome photo of my Cubimals, told my Butler thanks and that I love her, went to Cebakul and then accidently slept through the end, dreaming of Glitch.

I think it ended perfectly for me.
    Posted 11 years ago by Aemulus Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I never got to see the Stoot shrine. But I did get all the badges I want! Maybe I could've gotten some more, but knowing when enough is enough is good too.
    Posted 11 years ago by Reirei Umezaki Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Well, I managed to get a lot done in the weeks between the announcement and the end, but still missed some things - didn't see all of the seam streets or party streets, never brushed a fox, didn't do much following/party travel (partly due to time-zone).  Never played Game of Crowns, missed out on some of the other games too.

... and not quite a "missed out", but still a regret - I spent some time making a spreadsheet for my learning, planning out the optimal order for the next year or so (!) - got that finished just before the learning sped up and ended up learning everything learnable by the end.  Wish I still had that "year or so" more of playing to look forward to instead ...
    Posted 11 years ago by Jixel Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I never participated in fending off a Rook attack. I got caught in the middle of one once, but I was alone and didn't have the proper training. It always worried me after that, but I wish I would have responded when I saw people calling for help in Global.
    Posted 11 years ago by WallCrawlingHero Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you all for doing this, for once in my glitchen lifetime, my forum post has alot of posts!
    Posted 11 years ago by Taco Assassin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • (((Taco Assassin)))

I'm so glad the forums are still up and running. It's been very therapeutic for me, I think, to still be able to connect with everyone.

I bet group houses would have been so cool!!! A whole new dynamic for the game.
  • I love Glitch... I found love in Glitch. I found friendship in Glitch. I even found #!$%ers in Glitch. Regrets... Well the only one that I can think of is that it ended too soon. Much, much, much too soon. To the team at Tiny Speck - You guys are truly the best. I will miss you tremendously.

*hugs*
    Posted 11 years ago by CoffeeSnob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I played the entire game, on mute. (sobs in a corner)
    Posted 11 years ago by Hell's Bartender Subscriber! | Permalink
  • LOL at Hell's Bartender!!! I kept the music off because I always had the TV on in the background.... but I will be getting all the music from Danny, so all is well in the world!!! (If not in Ur)