Topic

Let's start a House Style wishlist!

I wanna know what y'all want to see in terms of new house styles.  I'd love to see some more options come out soon.  I'd love some tall-ish, natural-looking house styles, ala Aranna treehouses.  I'd also love to be able to move our houses to different locations on our home streets.

What do you guys want to see?  And devs, are more house styles in the works for the near future?

Posted 12 years ago by Aurora Dellaterra Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

Previous 1 2
  • A good question...

I already have the street style I want from the existing ones, but TS might release new areas whose background I would like more.

That being said I wouldn't mind having the original brain neuron background from the tutorial. ^_^ 
    Posted 12 years ago by Mal'akh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Would love a beach house on stilts, with appropriate sandy beach backgrounds - sand dunes, sea oats, palm trees, sunset over the water like in Roobrik.

Would like to see the Alakol style homes as facades, but able to change the colors of the sections. 

Would like to see something with the rock home style.

Would like to see a background with a LOT more of the roses, and lilies - a regular garden style home.

Still waiting on balconies, and rooftop gardens, and lawn decorations (like fountains, pink flamingos, lawn furniture, etc).

Pretty much the same things I've mentioned in the housing feedback threads or in various housing threads in the ideas section.
    Posted 12 years ago by b3achy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Alakol style! Sundecks with gardens and lounge chairs (where I can work on my tan), and balconies with railings to enjoy the view.

Yup.
    Posted 12 years ago by Joe Blow Subscriber! | Permalink
  •  
    Posted 12 years ago by Goodnight Groddle Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Whew, I thought people were talking about me. I do not want to be a house style ;)

I wouldn't like it, but perhaps treehouse style? Or if we can customize the actual house, the modern 50k/30k houses? Balconies? Beaches? Oceans? Lake? Bluffs? Large mountain coast thing (see Semsan Smile)?
    Posted 12 years ago by Palindrome Subscriber! | Permalink
  • dragons, just dragons.
    Posted 12 years ago by rosedragon Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I just want underground areas that I can make all viney and rocky and boggy and dirty. the basement is the only thing I miss about my old house in the bogs!
    Posted 12 years ago by EE Cummings Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'd love something inspired by Illmenskie's mines!
    Posted 12 years ago by Stars Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I also vote for the modern style. As for facades I was not too impressed by the 50K mansion facade but I would like something more modern looking. Something with a lot of glass or maybe a few columns or something. 

As for inside the house, I also want some more modern inspired furniture. I noticed in a snapshot of the eyeballery place the splatter painting that was also featured in the mansion. I want a painting like that! 
    Posted 12 years ago by Papa Legba Subscriber! | Permalink
  • b3achy, I love everything you suggested! I'd go for a stilted beach house in a heartbeat. So cool!

And ditto everyone who mentioned things along the lines of balconies, platforms, rooftop gardens, etc.
    Posted 12 years ago by Aurora Dellaterra Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I loved my bog house, with its basement, I loved my mansion and miss my balcony and rooftop garden. But anything other than 'Little Boxes made of ticky-tacky, that all look just the same'.  Pretty please! 
    Posted 12 years ago by Teena Subscriber! | Permalink
  • A basement, a deck, platforms with climbable vines, ability to move house and/or signpost. But these things would be gravy; I love my backgrounds and my house!
    Posted 12 years ago by Mollie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I want an Ilmenskie Deeps cave. Really badly.
    Posted 12 years ago by Starless Subscriber! | Permalink
  • + a quadrabajillion to Starless 

Ilmenskie Deeps, all the way.
    Posted 12 years ago by Little Miss Giggles Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It would be neat to have windows that look behind the house. 

Maybe some period style like columns and archways. 

A gazebo! Doors to small secret rooms, club houses... This is Glitch, we could have anything. 

+1 on the balconies, basements and beach houses. 
    Posted 12 years ago by OHNOSQUIDS Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I like my bacon house. It just needs bacon to go with it.
    Posted 12 years ago by OMG BACON!! Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I would love to be able to burrow underground. Multi-level basement? OMGYESPLZ
    Posted 12 years ago by SaSa Jack Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Something tropical, on the beach.
    Posted 12 years ago by Fussycat Subscriber! | Permalink
  • A basement a la bog houses, and an option to place my house on pillars a la alakol modern houses.
    And I really miss my balconies! I loved to jump off my house

Edit: oh and ladders and holes off course
    Posted 12 years ago by Hen vla Ham Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'd like a giant shoe.
    Posted 12 years ago by Eye Wonder Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I would kill for a Roobrik style street!
    Posted 12 years ago by La Mariposa Subscriber! | Permalink
  • treehouses!
    Posted 12 years ago by onion Subscriber! | Permalink
  • cow print :D 
    Posted 12 years ago by satarell Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 for the giant shoe! Also pumpkin, teapot....! (anyone remember the Woodland Folk books?)
     I would really really like to be able to change the music in my street. I understand each tune goes with a different street style, but a girl can dream....:)
    Posted 12 years ago by Dinsdale Subscriber! | Permalink
  • a wee castle would be nice :)
    and i second the dragons to go with it-
    Posted 12 years ago by N2ZOrtolanaBlue Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'd love a snowy, icy backyard with an ice cave house interior. And then a dry, hot desert for my front yard.
    Posted 12 years ago by dm Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Snowy mountains and igloos (or maybe explorer tents)! I want to pretend that I'm in At the Mountains of Madness.
    Posted 12 years ago by girlthulhu Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Coastal backdrop, with a pirate ship themed house. *nods* 
    Posted 12 years ago by Ayasta Subscriber! | Permalink
  • snow, snow or snow would be nice :) lol (more purple stuff would also be awesome!) oh and did I mention snow?
    Posted 12 years ago by Viresse Subscriber! | Permalink
  • A flimsy little shack with hillbilly decor.
    Posted 12 years ago by FyodorD Subscriber! | Permalink
  • A castle, of course. Every empress needs a castle. ;) 
    Posted 12 years ago by Kross, the Empress Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Starless wrote: I want an Ilmenskie Deeps cave. Really badly.

I think it's cute that both of us have star-related names and want the same thing <3
    Posted 12 years ago by Stars Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I want a starry background like the one on Flipside
    Posted 12 years ago by chilirlw Subscriber! | Permalink
  • A geodesic dome!
    Posted 12 years ago by Georgia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I want a vault/fallout shelter. 
    Posted 12 years ago by OHNOSQUIDS Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Castles!!!!  +100
    Posted 12 years ago by ArtOfHands RoboGirl Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I still miss the classic meadow cottage exteriors.
    Posted 12 years ago by Reika Subscriber! | Permalink
  • plus a BUNCH to what beachy said on about the 3rd post form the top.
    ie- balconies , beach scenes, terrace or roof gardens for those that want them .
    and Pirate ships ahoy for exterior house!!! would love that too!
    ALSO - would LOVE to have an icy , snowy cottage exterior and streets to use in the winter time .
    for myself- INTERIOR- i really really want the options for : furnitures, walls, floors and ceilings in Oriental Cottage style . The bog housey folks have most all the stuffs (etc jump holes , ladders , and climbable vines ) to re-create boggy houses- but us Oriental cottage folks dont have all the stuffs. *sad panda* . ie- add Japanese/Chinese/Oriental style interior options and furnitures please.
    andd--i still really really want to be able to pick my front yard music and my interior house music (with the backyard) . I miss the highlands music a lot.
    Posted 12 years ago by serenitycat Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I want an interior window to the left side on my 2nd and 3rd floors so I can jump out to my garden like I could in my old 50k Alakol house.
    Posted 12 years ago by Tonya Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Uploadable backgrounds that would have to be approved so they wouldn't break ToS. 
    Here's one of mine - sunrise
    Now wouldn't that be something to log into everyday ? :)
    Posted 12 years ago by BlackWolf Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I would love candy-inspired furniture. Since they made vegetables/meat inspired furniture I want lots of candy/icecream/cupcakes/chocolate bar furniture. and in beautiful pink and purple color, a hot bubblegum pink!
    Posted 12 years ago by Lila Clemenceau Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Space house
    Posted 12 years ago by Phineus Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I just want a piece of furniture of gold bars stacked together and a throne for a king.
    Posted 12 years ago by I Love You TS Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I want a tree house please.
    Posted 12 years ago by Anne72688 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I would like a ceiling swatch that is dark mossy-green..something to go with the Rock Cave Walls.  Please.
    Posted 12 years ago by SallySomeone Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I would like to be able to make our  front house, like we make basic furniture, I would like to make a basic house, place and then be able to upgrade, just like the others furnitures work. That would be a dream. Also more houses styles would be nice too.
    Posted 12 years ago by Lila Clemenceau Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I would love the ability to have more than one floor-type on a story of my house. Also, I'd like a nice ceramic tile flooring option for my kitchen area. =)
    Posted 12 years ago by TransplantedEntwife Subscriber! | Permalink
  • BlackWolf: It doesn't really go with the style of the game.
    Posted 12 years ago by Avnas Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Um, all of these.
    Posted 12 years ago by Abby Cadabra Subscriber! | Permalink
  • A basement or an underground like the old Bog houses had.  We have bog style houses but where's the underground herb garden?
    Posted 12 years ago by Brib Annie Subscriber! | Permalink
Previous 1 2