Topic

Can we please have some way to arrange/space a wall of SDBs evenly?

I love sdbs, but trying to arrange a huge wall of them and space them evenly is a real pain in the ass.  Can we have a button to do this for us?  or allow an sdb and/or a selected group of them to snap to a relative position so its easy to have them all perfectly spaced out?

another minor quibble is my rugs: I have them where I want them, I dont need the option to move them there all the time.  Cant we lock this stuff down so that in regular gameplay mode you just can *not* move the damn thing?

it would make in house navigation a little easier.

Posted 12 years ago by ☣ elf ☣ Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

1 2 Next
  • Bump. I'd love to see this pain point overcome. 
    Posted 12 years ago by Kerlick Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh, definitely +1
    Posted 12 years ago by Tiamat_the_red Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Glad to see this bumped again.

Those of us with measurable OCD levels would love to have some way to do this. I can think of half a dozen tools and games which have some level of "show grid" and even "snap to grid".

Or, why not make this a DIY thing and allow us to tinker a T-square of some kind to accomplish this.
    Posted 12 years ago by Teem Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +80 bajillion.

I sooo wish I could grid out my SDBs.
    Posted 12 years ago by Zoethor2 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +∞
    Posted 12 years ago by Sad Pollen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 yet again
    Posted 12 years ago by Janitch Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +100500!
    Posted 12 years ago by kopanda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • + eleventy eleventy! 11111111111!!!!!!
    Posted 11 years ago by Caterpillar Grrrl Subscriber! | Permalink
  • sweet organizing jesus, i'm glad i'm not alone. i didn't want to be the only obsessive compulsive designer type that was sorely missing her grid/guides. right now it's at least mildly satisfying that the SDBs can 'snap' to a certain point along the ceiling, BUT THAT IS HARDLY ENOUGH.

anyway, plus like, filvery billion.
    Posted 11 years ago by jerk nugget Subscriber! | Permalink
  • yes, this really needs to be done, somehow....I didnt mean to give the devs a hard problem to solve, but it would make decorating/spacing things out so much easier in a house.

now I have a couple of *walls* of sdbs and they look really bad, so un-even and it looks like i slapped em up there and shoved in junk...which is what I did.
    Posted 11 years ago by ☣ elf ☣ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +76387346....yes this is aggravating both the aligning SBD's and being able to move furniture even when NOT in decorate mode.  But it should be optional a button of some sort in decorate mode if and when you need it but NOT something that is completely automatic, simply because ppl have many many different ways of arranging things.
    Posted 11 years ago by Lyrical DejaVu Subscriber! | Permalink
1 2 Next