Topic

Energy Reward for Feat at New Day....why?

I know it is the thought that counts, but the energy and mood buffs really do nothing at the start of a new day.  I would vote to give more currants or iMG for bonus Feat rewards.  Thoughts?

Posted 11 years ago by Rennie Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• agreed - or give us an item that we can use to retrieve the energy/mood at a time convenient to us - soulbound if it must be

(maybe make our conch store it?)
    Posted 11 years ago by Oopsy Daisy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 to Daisy's idea
    Posted 11 years ago by ♪ blackbird ♪ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oooh, good idea, Daisy.  Store it for later would be perfect.
  • I was thinking exactly the same thing about getting it at new day.  I wouldn't even mind not getting it, it's just the waste that irks :D
    Posted 11 years ago by Miss Parsley Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 As it stands, there is absolutely no point awarding mood or energy in feats.
    Posted 11 years ago by Shogo_Yahagi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It happens when the feat ends, which is when you should get.  If you care about your reward,  make sure you're online when the feat ends.
    Posted 11 years ago by shhexy corin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Or, they should just remove that part of the reward. 
    Posted 11 years ago by shhexy corin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • They could give us Feat only food instead too - (1-3 get 5, 3-26 get 4, 26-126 get 3, 126-501 get 2, every one else gets one) That completely restore your energy and mood when consumed? 
    Posted 11 years ago by Potian Dragoon Subscriber! | Permalink
  •   If you care about your reward,  make sure you're online when the feat ends.

UN-helpful.   Most players enter the world to find that the feat is over, and they have a few hundred energy that cannot be realized.  Most players have lives.  
    Posted 11 years ago by WalruZ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It doesn't matter if you're online when the feat is over, Shexxy, because you get said feat reward at the new day, the same time your energy/mood refills.  I've tried to use up energy as fast as possible at the end of a feat, to hopefully get an energy refill, and it didn't work.

They should either take out the energy/mood rewards or do something else with them.  As they are, they're worthless.
    Posted 11 years ago by Kadi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • How about mood and energy rewards replaced by time off skill quoins and favor a % to all Giants? But have the majority of the reward be currants and img?
    Posted 11 years ago by Lyrical DejaVu Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +11 yesss! i was just wondering about this issue last night, when the feat ended.
    Posted 11 years ago by Lady Door Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Nov 8 8:05:36PM You  You know, the rewards for participating make no sense:
    Nov 8 8:06:09PM You  These things end at New Day, where you already have full energy, full mood (unless you're a no-no abuser, I guess?).
    Nov 8 8:06:26PM You  What good is +energy and +mood when you're at full energy?
    Nov 8 8:06:30PM Soltanis  no even a no no abuser would have full energy
    Nov 8 8:06:32PM Dykeblues  no-no abuser?
    Nov 8 8:06:59PM You  I wouldn't know. I don't do no-no.
    Nov 8 8:07:08PM You  Not even for that feat where you had to die a lot.

Funny that this was mentioned. I meant to post this commentary yesterday, and meant to bring it up during that week of feats where the reward was consistently +energy/+mood, but pretty much, yes: Why +mood, +energy? We're already full on it at new day.

I'd take an iMG reward over mood and energy. Skill acceleration quoins could be useful to players who still have skills to learn (I have none), I think.

Alternately, I'd be somewhat tempted to suggest borrowing a page from Spiral Knights:
    They use a Mist Tank, which is a bank of energy that can be used to refill the knight's main energy tank, which is given out for certain tasks in game.
    A (non-tradeable?) item that gives, say... 100 energy and/or mood, issued for every 100 energy and/or mood that would have been given the current way, stackable to a depth of 11 (that's ridiculous. it's not even funny.) or 37 (in a row!?), rounded down, could be an option as well.
    That way, they can keep giving +mood/+energy, and we can actually use all of that when they dump it on us during feats.
    Posted 11 years ago by Xial Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 for an excellent idea.  Especially Xial's
    Posted 11 years ago by FineousFingers Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I like Xial's idea of a non-transferable item. I don't think they should stack though, becasue top contributors may end up with a bunch of stuff they don't want to carry it around. Make it a balloon, and when you squeeze it, it refills your mood and energy to full and deducts the balance.
    Posted 11 years ago by Lucille Ball Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 to Lucille Ball and Xial. A non-transferable item would be great. It could disappear once our balance reaches 0 so we get the slot open again. I'm not sure what kind of item though...
    Posted 11 years ago by Llewella Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I think the easiest way to do this would be to have the energy/mood stored in the conch.  No need for a new item, and the conch is tied to Feats anyway.  Just a thought. 

I do think the amount should start over at a new feat, similar to iMG from the rock on a new day.
  • +1 to Daisy's idea of storing the energy/mood rewards in the conch. I would prefer the rewards to be img since we need so much of it.
    Posted 11 years ago by LanaLoo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Energy and mood are both sort of cheap and routine; it's really hard to "budget" for feat bonuses so they end up getting wasted. Especially at new day. So yeah, +1.
    Posted 11 years ago by Pixel Dirigible Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I like the conch idea. Right now it's just like a music block.
    Posted 11 years ago by Wrong Way Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm replying to bump this up again. I think this is one of the (few) fatal flaws in the Feats, as currently imagined.
    Posted 11 years ago by Teem Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 I agree with this, I always wondered why myself this was, I could easily use that energy again another time so I agree to use it with the conch
    Posted 11 years ago by Santa Clause Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 for storing it in the conch. that would be so useful!
    Posted 11 years ago by drakodood Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +11
    I've been thinking this for a while. I'd be fine with them just dropping the energy/mood rewards, but would prefer they find a way to either award them differently (see above storage options), or substitute with greater iMG rewards, currants, or other things that don't refill at the beginning of the new day.
    Posted 11 years ago by kastlin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I would prefer they be bound to the rock.  The rock currently gives you your street bonus when you ask for it.  If the rock had a verb which was "ask about bonuses" then you could pick up a bonus when you had the capacity to absorb it. 
    Posted 11 years ago by WalruZ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Bump for more awesome ideas.
  • I like feat only food- like mana- and have it infinitly stackable- and have it come in single energy increments Mmm Mmmm God. I meant Good, Mmm Mmm Good.
    Posted 11 years ago by Mt Dew Me Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 Lyrical
    Posted 11 years ago by Ann DramaDuh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This would be great! I really like the idea of storing it in the the conch, but even then at higher levels you get an absurd amount of energy and mood. 

I was number 5 in the death feat and I received 47,000 mood and energy at the start of the new day which is more than I could use in a month of playing. Not that it's a huge problem; I personally found it kind of amusing. 
    Posted 11 years ago by ThursdayNext Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I really like the idea of tying it to the conch so that playing it refills your mood and energy from the "Feat bank" or just putting more into currents/IMG instead.
    Posted 11 years ago by Mx Kiwi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I've wondered about this myself.
    Posted 11 years ago by Melting Sky Subscriber! | Permalink